• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Raleigh is much smaller and pretty much some of the same dealers you will see at our show. Virginia Comicon is similar sized and you will see more dealers from the VA and Maryland areas

NC Comicon is a great two-day show..........you will not be disappointed

Thanks for the info, Rick. I think I may make a road trip at one of the future VA Comicon's later this year so I can check out some new dealers. Definitely not a slight to all of our wonderful NC dealers, as they always have some great stuff. It's just when you go to most of the shows around here in a given year, you end up seeing some of the same stuff over and over again and I would like to see what some dealers in other parts might have to offer, if that makes any sense. Sounds to me like the Raleigh show wouldn't be worth the trip from my perspective, but that the VA show might, so I will try to check it out at one of their future shows.

As for the NC Comicon, I went for a couple of hours on Sunday last year and had a pretty damn nice time. Definitely looking more forward to it this year with it all moving to the convention center in Durham. Not only is it a bigger space, but it's also going to be easier having everybody in the same room and together. Last year was a little confusing with the way everything had to be branched out, but it was still an enjoyable show. I see the expansion as good news for this three-year-old show, maybe soon it can become as big as Heroes and us luckily North Carolinians will have two awesome big shows to go to each year, so then I won't have to worry about traveling to go to a second one. Plus we've got the smaller one-day Charlotte shows to tide us over in-between.

You know, the good thing about this show is it hasn't gotten too big for it's britches. Shelton could have added media guests years ago just like all these other conventions, maybe even turned it into a version of SDCC, but he has stayed true to comics and made it the strongest "comic" show on the eastern seaboard. Can San Diego truly be called a comic convention anymore? If you cleared away all the media people for say three years straight what would happen to attendance?

Strong show with a strong workforce and great line-up year after year. :applause:

taking my brother in law now as well. This will be his first convention.

Although this is only our second Heroes Convention, my girlfriend and I will also be bringing my sister, her sister, and my grandparents along for the ride at some point over the weekend. For some reason, every single one of those has expressed an interest in going. Our sisters probably want to go because it's something we do. As for my grandparents, I think they are just completely and utterly intrigued by the concept. lol! :applause:

taking my brother in law now as well. This will be his first convention.

Although this is only our second Heroes Convention, my girlfriend and I will also be bringing my sister, her sister, and my grandparents along for the ride at some point over the weekend. For some reason, every single one of those has expressed an interest in going. Our sisters probably want to go because it's something we do. As for my grandparents, I think they are just completely and utterly intrigued by the concept. lol! :applause:

this will be my 6th time going and i promise you they will all have a good time. My wife has nothing to do with comics and has a blast just watching artists draw and paint etc…To top it off you have the beautiful city of charlotte to explore.

Make sure you hit up Fuel Pizza!

He has had media guests over the years......but the EMPHASIS is still on COMICS

(thumbs u

This is true! Rosario Dawson was a lot of fun to meet and get a picture with, Nick Jones (John Stewart from the Green Lantern movie) was there just last year, but it has ALWAYS been about the comics!! :thumbsup:

this will be my 6th time going and i promise you they will all have a good time. My wife has nothing to do with comics and has a blast just watching artists draw and paint etc…To top it off you have the beautiful city of charlotte to explore.

Make sure you hit up Fuel Pizza!

Charlotte born and raised for me, so there isn't too much left to explore. As for Fuel Pizza, I definitely intend to go for lunch, even though I have one within walking distance to my residence also. lol!