• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Last year me and a small group went to the breakfast club on Saturday night, Its a 3 story 80s dance club (im sure the locals know) The ghosbuster cosplay group was throwing a party there. It was pretty cool, thats probably where ill be staggering home from. (walking distance from the con)

That was the club where the girl wanted to flash her boobies from the smoking area.

lol

Well, who doesnt like to show off a new purchase?

Last year me and a small group went to the breakfast club on Saturday night, Its a 3 story 80s dance club (im sure the locals know) The ghosbuster cosplay group was throwing a party there. It was pretty cool, thats probably where ill be staggering home from. (walking distance from the con)

That was the club where the girl wanted to flash her boobies from the smoking area.

lol

Well, who doesnt like to show off a new purchase?

I've been witness to that particular situation at least once...

I've never attended a large convention before. How difficult is it to get artists to draw things for you? Are you all day in line for the popular ones, or what? What are the typical prices? I'm thinking of driving out for the day to attend and want to know how to plan things out.

Peace,

Chip

I've never attended a large convention before. How difficult is it to get artists to draw things for you? Are you all day in line for the popular ones, or what? What are the typical prices? I'm thinking of driving out for the day to attend and want to know how to plan things out.

Peace,

Chip

If it a hot new artist I would say to get in line early. Some of the older guys are easier to access.

Just as a CGC employee or CAW to go with you when you pick the book up if you want to have it graded.

Peace,

Chip

Most of the guys to whom I've wanted to speak have always been easily accessible...

Peter Bagge, Howard Chaykin, Brian Wood, Joe Staton, Gene Colan, Al Feldstein... just walked right up. Out of those, I think Al was the only one who was charging for sigs. Erik Larsen usually has a bit of a line, but never too bad.

Not sure about prices for sketches tho, as I think Larsen is the only person I've had sketch... and he's always done it for free. (but he's not there this year...)

I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a couple Heroes Con questions.

The Con is going on Friday - Sunday. I would like to attend all 3 days, but my wife has stuff going on that could prevent us from making it on Friday.

I've only been to one other convention, NYCC and I missed out on some stuff (like a Chueng op) because I didn't get the 4-day pass.

My first question is whether or not I'll be missing anything great if I just go on Saturday and Sunday.

Next, how do I get the most out of Heroes Con? When I went to NYCC I missed out on some really cool stuff like limited promotional items from publishers and panels. Are there any not-so-obvious ways I can take advantage of our time at Heroes Con?

The Con is going on Friday - Sunday. I would like to attend all 3 days, but my wife has stuff going on that could prevent us from making it on Friday.

I've only been to one other convention, NYCC and I missed out on some stuff (like a Chueng op) because I didn't get the 4-day pass.

My first question is whether or not I'll be missing anything great if I just go on Saturday and Sunday.

Next, how do I get the most out of Heroes Con? When I went to NYCC I missed out on some really cool stuff like limited promotional items from publishers and panels. Are there any not-so-obvious ways I can take advantage of our time at Heroes Con?

Generally not. Usually, if they have a big guest for one day only, it isn't Friday. Also unlike NYCC or SDCC, there are very few HeroesCon exclusives. I cant name one of consequence in years. They do have a special Avengers comic but knowing Shelton, there will be plenty. If you are going at least 2 days, then I suggest you buying the 3 day pass. It's the same price as two individual days and you get a free exclusive print and admission an hour earlier.

Generally not. Usually, if they have a big guest for one day only, it isn't Friday. Also unlike NYCC or SDCC, there are very few HeroesCon exclusives. I cant name one of consequence in years. They do have a special Avengers comic but knowing Shelton, there will be plenty. If you are going at least 2 days, then I suggest you buying the 3 day pass. It's the same price as two individual days and you get a free exclusive print and admission an hour earlier.

+1 to all of this

+1 to all of this

Agreed BUT...

The ONLY thing I would add to this is some artists take one sketch list on Friday for the entire weekend and it usually fills up in the first hour (Stephane Roux for instance). So if you don't have a 3 day pass and you want on somebody's list you better find somebody that can get you on that list before you get there. This year will be the first ever that I haven't been sitting in line before 8 am waiting for the doors to open. I probably won't make it there until about 1 on Friday this time. :(

I probably won't make it there until about 1 on Friday this time. :(

I'm in the same boat. My wife has an appointment from 8:30-11 that Friday and with a 2.5 hr drive we won't be getting there until the afternoon. The good news is that this is my first Heroescon that I'll get to stay until Sunday. :banana:

+1 to all of this

Agreed BUT...

The ONLY thing I would add to this is some artists take one sketch list on Friday for the entire weekend and it usually fills up in the first hour (Stephane Roux for instance). So if you don't have a 3 day pass and you want on somebody's list you better find somebody that can get you on that list before you get there. This year will be the first ever that I haven't been sitting in line before 8 am waiting for the doors to open. I probably won't make it there until about 1 on Friday this time. :(

Correct. Great part for me is I never get anyone who is that popular/expensive! Most of mine are mid-level guys and I try and setup as many as possible online beforehand. So far the only negative for 2012 is one of my faves who I've got sketches of for years has just doubled his sketch fees. Thankfully, I got my 18 minis last year! In all honesty, I knew he was way too good and his prices were way too cheap to stay the same.