• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

So is there going to be a Forum dinner this time around?

yeah, I try to set up at least one of them.

we are still trying to decide what the popular vote for a place is this year.

I haven't had a bad meal in Charlotte so I flexible no matter what.

(thumbs u

I was at a show at Snug Harbor last night for a local band, My Captain, and a band from Atlanta called Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun. The band that opened the show was also local and called Solar Cat.

Solar Cat is a duo, and the guitar plays also plays with local (and recently signed) band Sugar Glyder. Solar Cat is fast and loud... 33% of their songs are about cats, and the rest are about Marvel comics...

The lyrics to one song were simply, "Beta Ray Bill... he has a horse face." Which was hilarious. Another was Dr. Strange v Dormamu and something else was about the coming of Galactus.

They're trying to find some way to be "officially" involved in the Con, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. If not, they're hoping to just be able to be on a bill somewhere in town that weekend. If anyone's interested, they're on Facebook. (blocked at work, so I can't get the link)

If I hear that they've got a date somewhere, I'll definitely post it. Fun way to blow off some steam!

I was at a show at Snug Harbor last night for a local band, My Captain, and a band from Atlanta called Today the Moon, Tomorrow the Sun. The band that opened the show was also local and called Solar Cat.

Solar Cat is a duo, and the guitar plays also plays with local (and recently signed) band Sugar Glyder. Solar Cat is fast and loud... 33% of their songs are about cats, and the rest are about Marvel comics...

The lyrics to one song were simply, "Beta Ray Bill... he has a horse face." Which was hilarious. Another was Dr. Strange v Dormamu and something else was about the coming of Galactus.

They're trying to find some way to be "officially" involved in the Con, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. If not, they're hoping to just be able to be on a bill somewhere in town that weekend. If anyone's interested, they're on Facebook. (blocked at work, so I can't get the link)

If I hear that they've got a date somewhere, I'll definitely post it. Fun way to blow off some steam!

they should try and get on at the alley cat

Last year me and a small group went to the breakfast club on Saturday night, Its a 3 story 80s dance club (im sure the locals know) The ghosbuster cosplay group was throwing a party there. It was pretty cool, thats probably where ill be staggering home from. (walking distance from the con)

Last year me and a small group went to the breakfast club on Saturday night, Its a 3 story 80s dance club (im sure the locals know) The ghosbuster cosplay group was throwing a party there. It was pretty cool, thats probably where ill be staggering home from. (walking distance from the con)

Right across from the Bobcats/Time Warner Arena..............got a friend that loves that place (thumbs u

they should try and get on at the alley cat

Alley Cat no longer exists, does it? Unless it just moved it's called Re*Public now... Man, it was a while ago when they did the art auction in Alley Cat... back when the Penguin was even inside!

That was the club where the girl wanted to flash her boobies from the smoking area.

lol

Was something preventing her from doing so?

Yes, me. lol

MCMiles, Louise, me and a few others were walking by the smoking pit and I yelled out at the top of my lungs "Are you guys all locals!?"

The smoking pit yelled out "Yeah!!"

I yelled out "You guys have an awesome city!" to which the girl screamed out "Hey, you wanna see my titties!?"

Dumbfounded, I yelled out something like "NO!!" and waved my hands at her.

Picture a Neal Adams Batman throwing his hands up in protest. I think my initial reaction was that I was kind of embarrassed for her, since I knew she was drunk.

Anyhow, I'm sure she would have regretted it in the morning. :facepalm:

It is a fun place. The bartender invited Louise and I back for a NASCAR race (she worked for NASCAR).

We'll probably check it out again this year.

TJ, you and your lady joining I presume?

:shy: