• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

There are several hotels within a 4 block radius, none of which are bad at all. Nice grab! :applause:

I prefer my permanent hotel located straight down South Tryon almost to the SC state line. :P

I typically do that with Dragon Con since they get all silly with the hotel room prices. I only live about an hour and 45 minutes above Atlanta.

I see this mistake all the time here on the boards

Please get the promoter's name right

It's SHELTON................not Sheldon (thumbs u

Shelton Drum

Somebody must have deleted a post because I don't see what this is in response to.....but yes SHELTON is awesome and puts on a great convention year after year.

Shelton Drum

I've noticed this a couple of times as well, but I didn't want to seem like a for correcting people. I think the only reason why people confuse it with Sheldon is because of that Big Bang Theory television show. I swear that before that show, I had never heard of Sheldon, just Shelton...

Question to all Heroes Con regulars:

Have any of you also been to the Baltimore Comic Convention?

The reason I ask is because I am wanting to branch out and travel to some other larger shows to see if I like it. I don't want to commit to traveling too far when I am first starting out with this experiment though. It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that as far as driving distance is concerned, that the Baltimore Comic Con is the closest larger show to the one we do here in Charlotte than any of the other ones. I know there are shows in Florida and everything, but by my calculations, Baltimore is still definitely the closest. I know there are the smaller shows like the ones in Raleigh and the ones in Virginia, but I'm wanting to go to a show that is at least the size of Heroes or bigger.

So for anybody that has been to both shows, please let me know your thoughts on Baltimore, both as its own show and in comparison to Heroes. I want to know if it's worth traveling for and what exactly I can expect if I do decide to go. Nothing is certain for me yet, anyways, since it's so close to Heroes when it comes to the dates, but I just wanted to inquire first.

Shelton Drum

Somebody must have deleted a post because I don't see what this is in response to.....but yes SHELTON is awesome and puts on a great convention year after year.

Wasn't meant toward you or anyone in particular, but I have seen this a lot in previous threads and posts.......etc. (thumbs u

The reason I ask is because I am wanting to branch out and travel to some other larger shows to see if I like it. I don't want to commit to traveling too far when I am first starting out with this experiment though. It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that as far as driving distance is concerned, that the Baltimore Comic Con is the closest larger show to the one we do here in Charlotte than any of the other ones. I know there are shows in Florida and everything, but by my calculations, Baltimore is still definitely the closest. I know there are the smaller shows like the ones in Raleigh and the ones in Virginia, but I'm wanting to go to a show that is at least the size of Heroes or bigger.

So for anybody that has been to both shows, please let me know your thoughts on Baltimore, both as its own show and in comparison to Heroes. I want to know if it's worth traveling for and what exactly I can expect if I do decide to go. Nothing is certain for me yet, anyways, since it's so close to Heroes when it comes to the dates, but I just wanted to inquire first.

Almost a carbon copy................very similar to Heroes Con.......a true comic book convention

Almost a carbon copy................very similar to Heroes Con.......a true comic book convention

Good to know. So is it worth going to and paying travel expenses for, or am I going to be feeling HeroesCon deja vu too much just a couple of months after Heroes?

Also, Rick, while I've got you in here, tell me about the smaller shows that they do in Raleigh and the Virginia Comicon. As I've been to the Charlotte Comicon a couple of times before, tell me how these two shows compare to the Charlotte one. I'm inquiring as far as size goes and as far as whether or not it's the same dealers at those two shows as well. Again, just trying to see whether or not it's worth making a special trip for.

In any event, I'm definitely going to attend the NC Comicon in November.

Well DWC is very excited to say that it looks like after many years of trying to go to Heroes Con that "FINALLY DWC WILL BE MAKING IT TO HEROES CON!".

I may be new to this comic book collecting thing, but that still sounds like good news to me.

+1 , right on the money

Good to know. So is it worth going to and paying travel expenses for, or am I going to be feeling HeroesCon deja vu too much just a couple of months after Heroes?

Also, Rick, while I've got you in here, tell me about the smaller shows that they do in Raleigh and the Virginia Comicon. As I've been to the Charlotte Comicon a couple of times before, tell me how these two shows compare to the Charlotte one. I'm inquiring as far as size goes and as far as whether or not it's the same dealers at those two shows as well. Again, just trying to see whether or not it's worth making a special trip for.

In any event, I'm definitely going to attend the NC Comicon in November.

Raleigh is much smaller and pretty much some of the same dealers you will see at our show. Virginia Comicon is similar sized and you will see more dealers from the VA and Maryland areas

NC Comicon is a great two-day show..........you will not be disappointed

Well DWC is very excited to say that it looks like after many years of trying to go to Heroes Con that "FINALLY DWC WILL BE MAKING IT TO HEROES CON!".

WOOHOO! I sure hope you're bringing you know who in tow!

:applause::wishluck: