• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Is the Stan Lee on-site tickets (photo and signing) still on sale for Sunday for Heroes? I looked it up on Desert Wind site but didn't see any. I hoped someone here can clarify that you just show up and get tixs on the spot.

Note to self; bringing a 3 1/2 year old with you; with no backup equals not getting to look at anything that anyone was selling and mostly just walking the isles.

Needless to say; my grandson had a good time; me not so much; since I was unable to look for anything.

Psy

Remember the good ole days when the HeroesCon print was big, in color, and signed? Me too. Seems like years ago. Oh wait........it was.

Seriously, if this is my biggest complaint, what a great freakin show!

My only other minor complaint for this year was the lack of roped off line areas for popular guests like Perez, Simonson, etc. these lines were almost impossible to navigate and stretched forever blocking a LOT of other artists tables. In one small square of tables you had Perez, Zeck, Trimpe, and Bagley. Anyone else in that section did t have a prayer of being noticed by anyone not in one of those lines.

Remember the good ole days when the HeroesCon print was big, in color, and signed? Me too. Seems like years ago. Oh wait........it was.

Seriously, if this is my biggest complaint, what a great freakin show!

My only other minor complaint for this year was the lack of roped off line areas for popular guests like Perez, Simonson, etc. these lines were almost impossible to navigate and stretched forever blocking a LOT of other artists tables. In one small square of tables you had Perez, Zeck, Trimpe, and Bagley. Anyone else in that section did t have a prayer of being noticed by anyone not in one of those lines.

Took 10 minutes to make it to the men's restroom yesterday

:ohnoez:

Is the Stan Lee on-site tickets (photo and signing) still on sale for Sunday for Heroes? I looked it up on Desert Wind site but didn't see any. I hoped someone here can clarify that you just show up and get tixs on the spot.

Onsite signing tickets are currently available for Stan as of Sunday morning. Just come to the DWC booth. Don't know abouy the photo tockets. You will need to check at the Froggy Photo booth about those.

I went to Heroes on Saturday and had a really good time there as always. I got in a little after 10am or so and went right to the George Perez line. His line was MASSIVE AND SLOW!!!!!!! I waited for about three and half hours for George. When I finally got to him, he was nothing but a true gentleman. I had him do a Thanos sketch for me on an Avengers 1 blank. I also had him sign a Batman 400, and Crisis on Infinite Earths 8 for me as well. Here's George working on my sketch,

001-2.jpg

Next I went to the CGC booth to drop off my books for signatures. They were very busy at the show so I had to wait a bit for them to help me. I got sigs from Wrightson, Thomas, McGuinness, Sienkiewick, and Norem to name a few. They were all truly wonderful to meet. especially Wrightson and Norem who were both really excited to see the books I had for them.The only small problem I had was with Marv Wolfman. I tried to get him to sign a Tales of the Zombie book he worked on along with the Crisis 8 issue but he said he was leaving for a panel. He had just put his pens up when I tried and after, he just sat in his seat for around ten mintues or so. He said he would be back in an hour or so but I couldn't wait that long.

I hope everyone here had a good time a the show.

lol, I can't wait for next years show to come back around :grin:

Had a great time at the show this year.

Highlights include hanging out with fellow collectors and dealers.

Hitting up the new collection Dave had. Absolutely sick books. I was late to the good boxes by 5 minutes late and missed out big time.

Was able to help out a few boardies by bringing a press to the show. After Philly I just wanted to hang out and look through boxes, but was talked into it. It was great meeting so many of my customers face to face instead of trough electronic communication.

Great friends, food and books. Already counting down to Chicago. H

After three days, I am absolutely worn out. Can't wait for next year's show!

i can never make it three days. I always drive up very early saturday morning and go hard / drink hard all day and im pooped by sunday

so i see next years show is only two days long… Anyone know why?

Where did you see that? Everything I'm seeing says June 7-9, 2013.

the heroes con schedule book says it. Very back page says june 7-8

This years 3 day passes also said June 23,24th, even though it was the 22nd through the 24th.