• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Tough day today with the $1 books except from 1 dealer....he had fill a long box for $150.....got some pretty good stuff...spawn 139,140,143, 150 (McFarlane cover)...5 copies x-factor 24... 2 each ASM 410,430,431...x-men 128...batman 426,428 (3copies)...bane II... Lots of other stuff...then he cut me a deal on some better books....uncanny 266. $20 (2 copies)....ASM 298. $15...hulk 340 $20...Wolverine 1 (1988). 2 copies $10 each...superman 75 black bag $5 each (4 copies)...and my 1 big purchase...ASM 129 vf/nm $400....lots of people showed up today. Dealers looked pretty busy....got to talk with Clayton Crain and Dexter Vines for a few...and always one of the best guys in the business Joe Linsner!....definitely a good comic show for you guys that don't want all the bells & whistles of the shows like SDCC & NYCC. Unfortunately headed home tomorrow but just about cashed out with what I brought. Good luck to all you guys the rest of the weekend!

Having pizza across from the convention center. Lots of construction in downtown.

Hope to see everyone and meet up with some new board members.

Hail hydra.

The construction is because we have the DNC coming. Lots of repaving and roadwork too...

Got to look nice and pretty for the politicians, you know?

If I recall correctly, a portion of Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. somewhat close to the convention center is closed for the next couple of weeks (this weekend included) for construction.

Yeah, airport is all getting a makeover too. Funny they couldn't do this with my taxes the last 10 years, but get DNC here...and whoa.

Joey is the best! Even though he was having back problems, he patiently (as we spread out comics all over Dale Roberts' tables) explained the benefits of maximized potential for a few bronze and late silver age books I'd brought. Now if I could only remember the last 4 books I gave him...I know I gave him the Hulk 181, several GL 76s, XMen 94, an Avengers 1, an Iron Man 55. Oh, now I remember the last 4 books: Marvel 1, Action 1, Detective 27, and AF 15.

Having pizza across from the convention center. Lots of construction in downtown.

Hail hydra.

Had a great time on Friday. Said hello and got reacquainted with a few boardies (Captain Comics, Dale Roberts, Gator, Comics-n-Herb) and met and had nice chats with some new boardie friends (Columbia Comics, Greg Reece). I also got to meet the infamous Roy (VintageComics). Dale, Greg, David (Comics-n-Herb) and Gator all had great selections and awesome wall books! It certainly looked like everyone was having a good time.

Joey is the best! Even though he was having back problems, he patiently (as we spread out comics all over Dale Roberts' tables) explained the benefits of maximized potential for a few bronze and late silver age books I'd brought. Now if I could only remember the last 4 books I gave him...I know I gave him the Hulk 181, several GL 76s, XMen 94, an Avengers 1, an Iron Man 55. Oh, now I remember the last 4 books: Marvel 1, Action 1, Detective 27, and AF 15.

Hail hydra.

:o

Had a great time on Friday. Said hello and got reacquainted with a few boardies (Captain Comics, Dale Roberts, Gator, Comics-n-Herb) and met and had nice chats with some new boardie friends (Columbia Comics, Greg Reece). I also got to meet the infamous Roy (VintageComics). Dale, Greg, David (Comics-n-Herb) and Gator all had great selections and awesome wall books! It certainly looked like everyone was having a good time.

lol

I think David's drug of choice is brewskys

Comics-n-ERB Sam

Very cool meeting David aka Comics-n-ERB.

I bought $500 or more comics at his booth.

Looking forward to going through his considerable stock of non-comics junque today.

:)

Tried to hit the SS hard today so I can stay out of the CGC boothKs way today. Picked up 3 sketches from Scott Blair, a Bob Layton, a Michael Dooney, and got books signed by Zeck, Mignola, Cho, Hughes, Silke, and Linsner. Also picked up a piece from Perez I had commissioned prior to con. BIG thanks to Paul and Mike and Dan for the help today getting everything witnessed! I'm staying out of your way unless I find out one of the people I have left is leaving today, lol. Good to see Adam and the better half briefly, and thanks to Joeypost for standing up to answer his phone :lol: Today will be some shopping, panels, and pics.

Nice meeting Wally & Rick today. I didn't do much shopping today, but I think tomorrow will be a different story...

Did you have on a Punk shirt today? I saw two but pretty good chance you were one of them.

I did. I had the one with all the good luck symbols on it that says "Straight Edge Hardcore" on it. I'll be wearing his newest one today and will probably have a huge book bag with me for carrying stuff.

lol

I think David's drug of choice is brewskys

Comics-n-ERB Sam

Sorry Rick, and David. :foryou:

Tried to hit the SS hard today so I can stay out of the CGC boothKs way today. Picked up 3 sketches from Scott Blair, a Bob Layton, a Michael Dooney, and got books signed by Zeck, Mignola, Cho, Hughes, Silke, and Linsner. Also picked up a piece from Perez I had commissioned prior to con. BIG thanks to Paul and Mike and Dan for the help today getting everything witnessed! I'm staying out of your way unless I find out one of the people I have left is leaving today, lol. Good to see Adam and the better half briefly, and thanks to Joeypost for standing up to answer his phone :lol: Today will be some shopping, panels, and pics.

That was pretty funny.