• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

:news:

For those that aren't attached to the CGC Dinner pm any more

Or are planning on going to the dinner please pm ASAP there

has been an unfortunate change of events and I need to see who can

make the desired change.

Thanks

Wally

For drinking out of....

I'm glad that you clarified that. The first time I read it, I thought we jumped to talking about paraphernalia.

Westin has aluminum cans... :gossip:

im bringing my own beer and im to much of a snob to drink out of a can.

we found the previous tenants underwear in a drawer in our room...my wife was kind of "appalled"... yuck!

Souvenir!

housekeeping!

didn't bother waiting out in the car line this year to load in (hours in the heat just is not appealing)...

hung around hotel, picked up my badges at noon....said hi to some folks, ate lunch, went to target and about 3pm drove right in and unloaded!

bridget got sick and left trent (aka littledude) and me to set up, and it was a piece of cake.... jiveturkeymo almost single handedly unloaded our entire van of comics (thank you!!!)...

got all the comics in the room priced...will have a GREAT selection of cgc SA and GA books tomorrow...

I had an entire box of saga, and manhatten projects and Thief of thieves packed to bring to the show, but unfortunately, they got left in the store :cry:

tons of $1 and 2/$1 books to browse...a box of 50% cover new books (from last year)...a couple of boxes of raw gold and silver to puruse and a run of low grade, cgc graded spidey's (sold the cgc 4.0 af 15 today as the ink still dried on the price sticker!)

c y'all tomorrow, hitting the sack

Got in the show early today...not a lot of guys open for business...lots of dealers just set up and rolled out..for the money it costs to set up...I don't know why not too many dealers are open to sell...there is decent action going on for the guys who sell early..... Earl Shaw (this guy is one of the best at getting collections in and flipping them out quick!)....was open and had guys goin through all his boxes...spent $42 on his $2 stuff....$2 boxes aren't my cup of tea,but he was the only guy open for awhile and all the books I got were all $5-$10 retail.....another guy had fill a long box for $100....killed it with some good runs great for my shop and EBay!....spent $70 more at another guys $1 boxes...highlight was (3) Rachel Rising 1 1st prints....so much good stuff in dealers junk boxes if you don't mind listing it online...lots of $5-$10 stuff for $1....hit of the day was 6 magazine boxes full of 1980's wrestling mags for $250 from Chris Lloyd from Painted Visions out of northern Virginia...another one of the good guys that has always hooked me up since the early '90's!...all in all spent almost $500 today. I'm not one for the older stuff at these show....I'm addicted to the .50/$1 boxes! Looking forward to tomorrow!!! Forgot to mention...if you get a chance to get to the show,check out the huge original art display Shelton Drum has set up showcasing a lot of the artwork he has gotten from artists through the years promoting the Heroes Con from the last 30 years....very cool pieces on display...you can tell what was hot at the time with a lot of these. There's some really nice pieces from some big named guys!!