• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

so i see next years show is only two days long… Anyone know why?

Where did you see that? Everything I'm seeing says June 7-9, 2013.

the heroes con schedule book says it. Very back page says june 7-8

This years 3 day passes also said June 23,24th, even though it was the 22nd through the 24th.

Yeah, the 3-day pass bades said June 22-23. I didn't check at the back of the program book, but the Heroes Aren't Hard to Find bags with the blue writing on them said June 7-9, 2013. Also, the big poster/print with the Silver Surfer on it that was available in the main lobby of the convention center also had June 7-9, 2013.

Ok, officially home after the 5 1/2 hour drive plus a couple of gas stops and dinner. Spent way too much and only brought home 4 new comic books? How did that happen? Oh that's right. I sent in 21 for CGC SS. Was great to see everybody again, sorry for hounding everyone about the Blackhawk 133 (never did find one) but if you can't find it at Heroes where will you?!

Gotta get pics from a buddy of mine before putting up the haul in a summary but it was a good con. :thumbsup:

Ok, officially home after the 5 1/2 hour drive plus a couple of gas stops and dinner. Spent way too much and only brought home 4 new comic books? How did that happen? Oh that's right. I sent in 21 for CGC SS. Was great to see everybody again, sorry for hounding everyone about the Blackhawk 133 (never did find one) but if you can't find it at Heroes where will you?!

Gotta get pics from a buddy of mine before putting up the haul in a summary but it was a good con. :thumbsup:

I remember someone asking about a Blackhawk #133.............you should have introduced yourself

Well I had to leave early Sunday. My wife was very ill. We didn't even make it past Shelby NC. I think it's food poisoning and I've not feeling real hot myself. Drinking lots of Gatorade and eating crackers.

Despite this I had another great time at Heroes although the crowd was a little nuts. See how the guest list for next year shakes out, wonder if Shelton will get anymore "BIG" names

Well I had to leave early Sunday. My wife was very ill. We didn't even make it past Shelby NC. I think it's food poisoning and I've not feeling real hot myself. Drinking lots of Gatorade and eating crackers.

Despite this I had another great time at Heroes although the crowd was a little nuts. See how the guest list for next year shakes out, wonder if Shelton will get anymore "BIG" names

Interesting. My wife was dealing with the same thing. She got sick Saturday afternoon and stayed sick until last night.

I remember someone asking about a Blackhawk #133.............you should have introduced yourself

:lol:

Sorry about that. I apparently did that a lot this weekend. Just basicially started talking without introducing myself. I'll probably be back again asking for the same book. Next time you will know it's me :)

Well it was an interesting trip back home to say the least. I shared a cab back to CLT with board member Torrey since his flight was just a little earlier than mine. He was flying Delta, I was flying American so after we both checked in we both went through security together.

Torrey forgot that he had a bottle of mustard in his bag so he was flagged when it through went the scanner. Then when they swabbed his bag and ran it through the materials detector it came up positive for something so they gave him the shakedown lol - Even after me telling the TSA guy to be careful going through Torrey's books he still dropped some to the floor.

366e1fc1.jpg

bab8af46.jpg

42b401d0.jpg

After dealing with that we sat at the Chili's for a little bit before he jumped on his flight... After some confusion on his gate we finally found his gate and as we approached I saw an older gentleman convulsing and violently throwing up. We both ran to the gate to alert them for medics, which arrived shortly thereafter.

Ran into artist Jamie Tyndall, boardie TupennyConan at the gate. Everybody was on this Atlanta flight heading for connections. We all chatted for a bunch then said our goodbyes when the flight boarded... I walked back to the main area of the terminal and bought some before heading to my American gate for my connection through Chicago. I passed back by the Atlanta gate where they were stretchering the old guy away to an ambulance.

Ran into artist Jon Hughes in the bar so we chatted for a little bit - then I got a phone call from Torrey... They had a bad tire they needed to replace so they got everyone off the plane. Tyndall & Torrey joined us in the bar, then left when they started reboarding - I headed to my gate, got on my flight but as we were pulling off the gate I could still see the Atlanta Delta flight at it's gate.

When I got to Chicago I tried Torrey's phone and it rang - not a good sign. He answered and told me the flight got cancelled and they were putting everyone up for the night at the Airport Sheraton. Sorry guys - hope you had a good night's sleep and got out this morning.

Well my flight Chicago - L.A. - I was sitting in row 6, the last row of First Class when halfway through the flight I heard a couple of thuds on the floor... I turned around and noticed an older man in the first row of coach yelling at the gentleman sitting behind his wife... then the older guy started climbing over the seat. lol

I hit the flight attendant button and made them aware of the situation... took a couple of FAs and a few minutes to calm everyone down. All the fuss was over legroom and kicking the back of the older guy's wife's seat....

Happy to be home. lol

The biggest reason I drive is airport hassle. So not worth it. I get home in almost the same amount of time, cheaper without having to be patted down. The flight is only an hour and a half. Put that with the hour in security, hour you better be there before, 30 minutes on the runway, 30 minutes to check in, 30 minutes getting off the plane, and 30 minutes waiiting on my bags and it is exactly the 5 and a half hours to drive home including stops to eat.

Wow. I was on the last flight out on Delta at 7:somthing. Were were delayed due to the storms. My connection from ATL to DAB was so bumpy I thought were would be diverted.

Then had to drive home from the airport in torrential rain and heavy winds from the TS. White knuckle all the way.

:sorry: for anyone who missed their flights or had to drive through that mess.

Driving sucks!! Just got home. My van was shaking a lot. Think the Rack and Pinion went. Very bumpy. Hit NYC and torrential rains came. Yeah, flying is over rated.

AND!! I filled up my gas tank on Wednesday before i hit Charlotte. I go to fill it up this morning and some hooligan stole my gas cap. As i notice this, some kid asked to use my cell phone because he had no money and just got out of jail. I told him my battery went out because i havent charged it since i got out of jail.

Glad to be on my recliner.

Then had to drive home from the airport in torrential rain and heavy winds from the TS. White knuckle all the way.

:sorry: for anyone who missed their flights or had to drive through that mess.

Yep. The three hours from Jacksonville to Home were basically like driving through a perpetual sheet of rain. Then when we got home, major streets were completely flooded. Made North Carolina look real appealing by comparison.

Rick and George,

Glad you and the family made it home safe. Hope everyone made it home safe from a great show. Already looking forward to next year.

What would have made the show even better would have been the presence of Steve Borock.

I missed him, as he adds so much on so many levels.