• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

very nice appeal Tom! :) BTW, Tec 35 is dated January 1940, but I've seen arrival dates on a few covers for Dec 1939; as we know books were out 1-3 months prior to cover month :)

Good point. (thumbs u Still, I have to have grandiose statements like "last Batman appearance of the 1930s" resonating in my head when making a four-figure buy. lol

Tec 69 is a very tough book to find especially in high grade. Sparkle City Comics sold a CGC 6.0 earlier this year for $2530! I think Eric Roberts owns the highest graded copy which is the CGC 9.6 San Francisco copy. EJR

I purchased this from Metropolis "raw" at a Chicago Con about 12 years ago or so. I think they graded it VF- and priced just below a grand at the time.

I hesitated buying it on the Saturday but by Sunday afternoon it was still at the table for me to purchase it. I inspected the book and agreed on the grade as well. Nice white pages with no folds inside but was concerned about possible color touch. Not because I could detect any but the blacks on the cover are stunning! Anyways off to CGC and came back 6.5,,close but expected at least a 7.0. I won't be parting with this one anytime soon :cloud9:

file0176.jpg

I purchased this from Metropolis "raw" at a Chicago Con about 12 years ago or so. I think they graded it VF- and priced just below a grand at the time.

I hesitated buying it on the Saturday but by Sunday afternoon it was still at the table for me to purchase it. I inspected the book and agreed on the grade as well. Nice white pages with no folds inside but was concerned about possible color touch. Not because I could detect any but the blacks on the cover are stunning! Anyways off to CGC and came back 6.5,,close but expected at least a 7.0. I won't be parting with this one anytime soon :cloud9:

file0176.jpg

Pretty book :applause:

I believe I still have a very nice copy of tec 69. Had an equally nice 71 but someone forced me to sell it to them lol

Did they threaten to shove a big wad of bills in your pocket if you sold it to them?

pretty much how it went down. Shiver, the thought still makes me queasy

I believe I still have a very nice copy of tec 69. Had an equally nice 71 but someone forced me to sell it to them lol

Did they threaten to shove a big wad of bills in your pocket if you sold it to them?

The ruthlessness of some collectors never ceases to amaze me

The ruthlessness of some collectors never ceases to amaze me

I know, right!

Queasy or giddy hm

file0176.jpg

Gorgeous book, first one I've ever seen, no kidding. :golfclap: