• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

DetectiveComics210.jpg

I love it when I only paid 25 bucks for this book. An ad appeared in the CBG. The seller lived in Canoga Pak, a mere 15 miles from my home. I asked him if I could come in person to look at this books. All books were 25 bucks; most were Actions and Supermans, but he had a couple of 1950s Detectives. He was a real old guy probably an octogenerian. Anyway here's one of the books:

Ill be happy to take these low grade bats off your hands...I know they have no place in your collection

Let me check on that.

Box #5 Slot 13. Yup, there's a place for them. :slapfight:

Ill be happy to take these low grade bats off your hands...I know they have no place in your collection

Let me check on that.

:cry:

Let me check on that.

:cry:

Hey Rick,

I have a very similar set of Batman'sd I am willing to part with. If you have another Detective 29 in CGC 7.0 you want to trade, I am sure we can work something out. :baiting:

A few more gems :)

124025.jpg

:luhv: I wonder if people realize how hard it is to find a nice copy of this book. Don't ask me why, but most copies have a dust shadow on them. Batman 10 was the last issue I needed to complete my run.

I'm definitely aware of how tough this one is in high grade. This is one of the toughest in the early GA run to find in the lofty 9.0 and up range as it's the only one. It even beats out the other black cover books 3, 9, 13, 17, etc. Can't figure out why but I'm happy. And yes I've noticed this issue is almost always plagued with shadows and sometimes bad ones although this copy has a hint of discoloration along the right edge. The TEC 55 I posted is also curiously tough as it's by itself in the census with the next one at 8.5 and both originated from the same collection.

Love the classic Two-Face and Joker Utility Belt issues. :applause: