• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

they all look the same, especially the early issues.

are they horrible looking? No, of course not. That being said, Nick doing full blown character covers would blow those away, AND attract new readers to pick up the book.

The current covers tend to look the same to those casual browsers.

I love the covers, now. I did not like them until I was convinced to try the book. I think there may be some truth to the fact that they do not boost sales the way traditional covers boost sales.

I love the covers, now. I did not like them until I was convinced to try the book. I think there may be some truth to the fact that they do not boost sales the way traditional covers boost sales.

The unconventional covers probably do hurt sales in the short term. A risky choice by Hickman. There's nothing about them that would grab a casual shopper's attention as they scan the racks (unless they were specifically looking for something different). But, in the long term, I think these covers will stand out for their uniqueness. They do look awesome as a group. I'm a fan.

I'm not saying either its good nor bad on these covers. Its just in the past covers that show action or give you a glimpse wanting more or drawing you in tend to sell off the racks faster. I'd seen these covers about a year ago in several lcs and didn't know what this book was and passed.

I'm not saying either its good nor bad on these covers. Its just in the past covers that show action or give you a glimpse wanting more or drawing you in tend to sell off the racks faster. I'd seen these covers about a year ago in several lcs and didn't know what this book was and passed.

Exactly.

Exactly.

+1

I'd seen these covers about a year ago in several lcs and didn't know what this book was and passed.

Yeah, but you could say that about any book you haven't heard about, even books that have traditional style covers.

They could put Nexus or seanfingh on the cover and I'd still read it.

I think I would make a good addition to the MP universe.

Daghlian - Super Genius

Feynman - Genius

Von Braun - Highly intelligent

Fingh - Not too bright