• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay CGC SS Sketch Opp. With IDW Exclusive Blank

461 posts in this topic

On a slightly different note I received my gold signature copy from Bretts Comic Pile yesterday.

Same. I wound up with #65. Still waiting for my Silver ink, eBay sketches and the CGC covers.

(Yes I know the CGC one will take a few months.)

On a slightly different note I received my gold signature copy from Bretts Comic Pile yesterday.

Same. I wound up with #65. Still waiting for my Silver ink, eBay sketches and the CGC covers.

(Yes I know the CGC one will take a few months.)

I ended up with #86. Too high for me so I bought another to try and get lower lol and then waiting for #1 to get auctioned off.

Wanted to swing by while I had a minute and share a few things.

First and foremost; I wanted to thank EVERYONE who's has had as much fun with this as I have and shown their support, you help make dreams come true.

Second; I'm happy to say that ALL 50 of Brett's Sketch books are finished and ALL Jakes are now finished as well. So that's about 86 covers in the last 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have scans of them all as I've literally had to choose between taking the time to scan them or ACTUALLY DOING them. Given the deadline, I think I made the right choice. I'll be scanning some of them in the very near future before they go in the mail.

Third; For those who ordered via Ebay for Brett, I am mailing all of those out myself.... individually. Poor Brett's been taking it on the chin via email lately about when they go out, but understand... before they can go out, they have to be done, they have to have COAs, bagged, boarded, packaged, posted, mailed....each... INDIVIDUALLY. I'm doing all that myself and it eats up a lot of time. Sucks, but that's the game, I guess.

New buisiness; I have recieved the second list of requests and I will start picking away at it, but I'm getting married in 8 days and leaving the country for a week after that. I WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY WORK WITH ME! :) (at my wife's request and TSA won't let me take my ink on the plane anyway). As far as casting goes, I DO plan on doing another live show most likely TUESDAY NIGHT (time to be determined). I'm laying out the pencils for a TMNT painting now so that might be a good time to sling some brushes. Hope to see you all there.

Lastly; BE GOOD TO JAKE! He has shown remarkable organization and resiliance considering that right in the middle of all this, he's managed to wrangle THIS opp, schedule a move to another state, graduate from school, organize the convention booking for several artists including 2 from another country, and actively promote an In-Studio production book (If you're not checking out "Fatsa", you suck at life. I'm putting it in my "Mouse Guard"/"Stuff of Legend" catagory)

That's all for now and listen to Jake for more updates. Weird to think, but my next cast will be my last as a single man. o_O

Wanted to swing by while I had a minute and share a few things.

First and foremost; I wanted to thank EVERYONE who's has had as much fun with this as I have and shown their support, you help make dreams come true.

Second; I'm happy to say that ALL 50 of Brett's Sketch books are finished and ALL Jakes are now finished as well. So that's about 86 covers in the last 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have scans of them all as I've literally had to choose between taking the time to scan them or ACTUALLY DOING them. Given the deadline, I think I made the right choice. I'll be scanning some of them in the very near future before they go in the mail.

Third; For those who ordered via Ebay for Brett, I am mailing all of those out myself.... individually. Poor Brett's been taking it on the chin via email lately about when they go out, but understand... before they can go out, they have to be done, they have to have COAs, bagged, boarded, packaged, posted, mailed....each... INDIVIDUALLY. I'm doing all that myself and it eats up a lot of time. Sucks, but that's the game, I guess.

New buisiness; I have recieved the second list of requests and I will start picking away at it, but I'm getting married in 8 days and leaving the country for a week after that. I WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY WORK WITH ME! :) (at my wife's request and TSA won't let me take my ink on the plane anyway). As far as casting goes, I DO plan on doing another live show most likely TUESDAY NIGHT (time to be determined). I'm laying out the pencils for a TMNT painting now so that might be a good time to sling some brushes. Hope to see you all there.

Lastly; BE GOOD TO JAKE! He has shown remarkable organization and resiliance considering that right in the middle of all this, he's managed to wrangle THIS opp, schedule a move to another state, graduate from school, organize the convention booking for several artists including 2 from another country, and actively promote an In-Studio production book (If you're not checking out "Fatsa", you suck at life. I'm putting it in my "Mouse Guard"/"Stuff of Legend" catagory)

That's all for now and listen to Jake for more updates. Weird to think, but my next cast will be my last as a single man. o_O

Good luck and congrats Matt.

On a side note come on Jake pick up the slack :grin:. Just kidding, Jake's been great about getting back to me on all my PM's!