• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOOT THEA INSTEAD! I CAN'T STAND HER!

Ive just caught up will all Arrow episodes to date, and Im really enjoying it! I have lots of little observations, likes and dislikes… but at this point in the story, Slades character just doesn't work for me. Sure he's a great DC villain, and it was fun seeing his part in Ollies origin etc.

But last week he admitted Shado wasn't his girl! So he's based his whole vendetta on unrequited love?

We may eventually see more backstory from the island, but so far his hate on stems entirely from Ollie's part in Shado's death… which feels like a reach, even though in comics bad guys do much worse for less! (like Merlyn killing the Glades over his wife for instance, though Im sure Ras had a hand in goading that response to Merlyn's personal loss.

Just hope they keep expanding the DC world next season cause that the fun part--- seeing so many DC pieces fall into place in the Arrowverse.

Welcome aboard (thumbs u

Regarding Slade, don't forget that the Mirakuru makes you batty - so his confusion with Shado might be a result of this

and the fog of the anger he seems to constantly be exuding.

Yea I'm with Boba on this. We see hints and clues early on in season two that Slade is crushing hard on Shado (one scene that pops to my mind is when she and Ollie are in the lake and he comes walking over) so a combination of anger and hate for Ollie getting the girl and then "letting her die" plus the Mirakuru makes a crazy Slade. At least it is leaps and bounds better than the creepy as hell Ravanger storyline of "Hi I was 17 or so and the love of your 50+ year old Father's life but then he dumped me for you and so now I want to kill you, o and btw you and your father are now wiener cousins (don't google what that means at work)"

so it feels like since the Miracle is causing Slades delusions and anger issues, that all Ollie has to do is shoot the antidote into him, and Deathstroke can revert to a superhero/villain in the Universe, like Huntress. Which is fine.

unless the primal directive of the show for the new few years relies on Island backstory progressing current events?

another issue I can't follow: they keep say "5 years ago on the island." Ollie was there for a full 5 years, and back for what, 1 year. 2 years tops? So 5 years ago means "year 2 on the island" is that right?

but of course the beauty of the "island backstory" is they can retrofit anything they want back then, like Sara surviving. So I think we will always have island backstory driven revelations on the show.

Last weeks episode was basically to explain what was going on with Slade through what happened to Roy; Roy hallucinating and seeing Thea telling him to kill him and his just brutally murdering people. It's the drug, it makes you absolutely crazy.

Another interesting thing is at times we have seen Ollie hallucinate and perform what look to be super human maneuvers. I wonder if that means at some point he has come in contact with the drug already.

Yea if you go a bunch of pages back I mentioned a theory that it is going to be revealed later on that Ollie was exposed in some way to the Mirikuru as a way to explain 1) How he was able to chase down Huntress on foot when she shot at Moira, 2) the hallucinations he saw with Barry 3) Why he thinks Roy can be cured/saved.

Lots of cool possibilities discussed here - I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

My DVR eff'd up last night, so tonight is a comic book television double-header at my house:

MAOS (which has gotten much better) and ARROW !

Lots of cool possibilities discussed here - I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

My DVR eff'd up last night, so tonight is a comic book television double-header at my house:

MAOS (which has gotten much better) and ARROW !

MAOS would have to have gotten MUCH better. I tried watching it when it came out, it was painfully bad. Could not sit through the 2nd episode.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that happen in a flash back in one of the next episodes. He probably took the drug to stop Slade and then cured himself, but there is some side effects that didn't go away.

I think so too. His speed and reflexes are inhuman, even for a superhero (although Batman doesn't have powers or drugs aiding him) And Sara must have taken them too given her speed and skills, but here too, the League of Assassins trains their guys pretty good.

I guess we will see how quickly his leg heals… it should take weeks or months for a normal person to regain full motion, right?

I guess we will see how quickly his leg heals… it should take weeks or months for a normal person to regain full motion, right?

Bingo (thumbs u

It's that Malcolm is still alive.

(thumbs u

You guys are firing on all cylinders today!

Just watched the first season on Netflix. Read some reviews online. Some good. Some bad. Its not a bad show. It was confusing but after watching the season 1 finale, still had lots of questions. today i was reminded that its on CW. After that, most questions were answered.

The main character seems like a guy that would choose saving the girl he really likes at the moment, not wife or soulmate, over saving a school bus full of kids but i understand though, he's young and stupid. A lot of his decisions are what a teenager would do. Tells his friend he cant be with his crush, then the next day tells his crush he cant be without her. Real stupid teenager stuff. He did that more than once that season. He easily falls in love. With everyone. Speaking of everyone, can he not keep his identity a secret? So many people found out his identity. Thought he was trying to protect his loved ones, but he does think like a stupid teenager. Last bit i thought was soo funny and couldnt stop laughing no matter how much my wife was crying.

at the end of the first season when laurel was under the rubble and the best friend came to save her, he lifted the heavy rock so she could slide under and out, she ran so fast out that door. She was like " thanks for that, see ya sucka ". She said she cared for him but when that building was coming down and before he could drop the rock she had just slid out from under to join her in escaping, she was in the street already. lol , she was a good 10-15 yards away from the building before she even turned around. As much as she tried to act grown up the first season, she was again, a stupid teenager.