• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

The very fact someone is putting a flash show on tv is good enough for me....easy to start picking apart bits and pieces....some guy on youtube was upset about the initial foot plant...sigh.

I hear you and I feel much the same but I'm also trying to be cautiously optimistic until we see a little more. I do however have some faith as these guys have delivered already with Arrow so we have some sense of what they're capable of. I still want the suit to be redder - why he's called the Scarlett speedster! And put some meat on those bones please!

I can't figure out why Slade is still so angry after being given the cure for Mirakuru enhancement. Roy's rage was gone after he got the cure? Why is Slade still acting all roided out?

They must have more in store for the character down the road. I don't understand how Ollie can let him live after what he did to his mother - and he nearly murdered Felicity as well! I'd have wasted him when I had the chance - why

Leave such an obviously dangerous killer around to plot an escape - which will surely come if I know anything about how things work.

So - is Thea now under MM's influence? Will she try with his help to take over Queen Industries and become Ollies rival for taking back control of the company? What's is store for everyone's favorite - Laurel? Seem like she's been passed the torch by Sara. Can she step up and become Black Canary - and what about her "powers".

So much to ponder as we wait for season 3.

I can't figure out why Slade is still so angry after being given the cure for Mirakuru enhancement. Roy's rage was gone after he got the cure? Why is Slade still acting all roided out?

They must have more in store for the character down the road. I don't understand how Ollie can let him live after what he did to his mother - and he nearly murdered Felicity as well! I'd have wasted him when I had the chance - why

Leave such an obviously dangerous killer around to plot an escape - which will surely come if I know anything about how things work.

So - is Thea now under MM's influence? Will she try with his help to take over Queen Industries and become Ollies rival for taking back control of the company? What's is store for everyone's favorite - Laurel? Seem like she's been passed the torch by Sara. Can she step up and become Black Canary - and what about her "powers".

So I think the difference between Roy and Slade is that Slade had rage because of what happened to Shadow, Roy was just angry as in teenage angst. He was pissed off for the sake of being pissed of. If Thea was murdered or killed by someone, Roy's rage may not have abated, my 2c

Ollie letting Slade live is a head scratcher to me as well, but I guess that's what makes a Super-hero, letting people live when nobody understands, unless it's some kind of "my mother wouldn't want this" type thing :shrug:

Thea's character is my one gripe. I absolutely hate what they did to her. She seems to have no motivation and is just walking around pissed off, much like Roy. Thea's actions are not motivated, I mean she knew her family her entire life, turns her back on them for lying, then in comes Malcolm, also a liar, if not worse, Thea shoots him, spends the entire episode saying how she hates him, and then ends up leaving with him!? Why? You can forgive his lies but not Roy's and Ollie's? Seriously, she is the worst written character right now, it's just like they wanted a random spoiled brat and they turn Thea into it.... hate it.

So I think the difference between Roy and Slade is that Slade had rage because of what happened to Shadow, Roy was just angry as in teenage angst. He was pissed off for the sake of being pissed of. If Thea was murdered or killed by someone, Roy's rage may not have abated, my 2c

Ollie letting Slade live is a head scratcher to me as well, but I guess that's what makes a Super-hero, letting people live when nobody understands, unless it's some kind of "my mother wouldn't want this" type thing :shrug:

Thea's character is my one gripe. I absolutely hate what they did to her. She seems to have no motivation and is just walking around pissed off, much like Roy. Thea's actions are not motivated, I mean she knew her family her entire life, turns her back on them for lying, then in comes Malcolm, also a liar, if not worse, Thea shoots him, spends the entire episode saying how she hates him, and then ends up leaving with him!? Why? You can forgive his lies but not Roy's and Ollie's? Seriously, she is the worst written character right now, it's just like they wanted a random spoiled brat and they turn Thea into it.... hate it.

i think slade was already angry that shadow was more to oliver and not him has much which can build some rage and when oliver let her be murder, that was the switch that made his rage fully manifestand and was boosted by the Mirakuru.

:whee:

Arrow appearance in the flash pilot

"In the Flash pilot, Barry comes to me," Amell told the site. "[it's a] little snippet in the Flash pilot where he and I share a scene together, it's in his pilot, but [filming] it felt like our show because he's coming to Starling City. That, to me, was one of the most rewarding things that I did as an actor because it was essentially the same crew that we used for our pilot, and it was two years later and it was the same director. It was like going back in time. [Flash and Arrow director] David Nutter asked me to be a part of the pilot and I will never say no to David Nutter."

I kinda wish they will kill off Laurel's dad. I can never understand a word that comes out of that guy's mouth.

"Ish the Arrwsh orsh shishy herosh?"

I kinda wish they will kill off Laurel's dad. I can never understand a word that comes out of that guy's mouth.

"Ish the Arrwsh orsh shishy herosh?"

I kinda like the old fart, but that's a pretty funny (and partly true) observation lol

Really enjoyed the season finale. Much better than AoS.

I thought the AoS finale was decent, but the Arrow finale was in another league - I feel like the show has really fulfilled the potential of what a superhero TV show can be. AoS has gotten a lot better, but it's far from fulfilled its potential.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Slade; he's too good a villain to cast aside permanently.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Slade; he's too good a villain to cast aside permanently.

After my initial reaction that Ollie should have killed Slade, and revisiting the words he said to him in the cell, I've come to understand that by not killing him he had proven to himself he's graduated to the level of a super-hero who fights crime but does it without (purposely) killing the evil-doers. Like Batman!

BTW, I posted this in the new thread about the Flash on CW

"Over on CBS sibling The CW, the network looks to have what may be the most likely success among all new broadcast series next fall in “The Flash.” The CW did an excellent job of launching this show, first by making it a backdoor pilot out of “Arrow,” and then by giving it one of the splashiest introductions in all of upfront week at the network’s high-energy event. “The Flash” strikes me as a show with the potential not only to succeed but to cast a halo effect over its entire network, the way “Gossip Girl” once did."

Finally caught up and watched the finally. It was good but probably not quite as amazing as I thought it would be.

I am very glad they kept Slade alive, too good of a role to kill off. I am assuming he is going to end up in the suicide squad next season as he will be too good of an asset for Waller to let rot, and this will Ollie off.

Deathstroke is a pretty major DC character, so keeping him alive as they build the universe makes sense. He's had his own comic a few times, so even though he's been the villain on Arrow all this time, he will be changed at some point to utilize his skills. Even Deadshot was helping out a lot this season.

Ill miss the real Black Canary though, unless old skinny britches fills out a bit in the blonde wig! But I dont think even a corset will get her to match her little sister's other attributes!

Flash however, which looks great in the trailer, and is in good hands like Arrow, worries me a bit because he IS a super powered hero. Arrow works because TV is down to earth, and real, given the budgets, so he fights, and operates in a limited FX world. He shoots arrows!

But Flash can do so much with his speed, I think the problems will always be how they write his limitations, how the bad guys slow him down or beat him etc. They'll have to keep taking him by surprise which will get old. Or gel have a long learning curve making him vulnerable and interesting for as long as they can keep it going.

lets face it… they already tried The Flash, and while the ARROW show runners are a lot more adept at superheroes, I think Flash will pose problems they may not solve so easily. They cant just mimic what they have done with ARROW either.