• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

I liked the actor who played Ra's much, much better than Liam's portrayal.

He had a smoldering sense of danger in his presence.

I thought he played it excellently.

This tweet yesterday from Marc Guggenheim suggests the title of the next episode "Return" doesn't refer to Oliver return - hm

"I probably should mention that the title of Arrow Ep. 3x14 -- "The Return" -- does NOT refer to Oliver. Or Slade Wilson."

It would have been silly if Ollie could beat Ras. Then Ras is just another bad guy.

I think his japanese buddy slips him into the Pit. or brings a drink of its waters to get him healthy enough to be rescued. the preview had someone standing next to him.

how long can you last exposed up in the snowy mountains with your lungs and maybe heart pierced??

Edited by aman619

It would have been silly if Ollie could beat Ras. Then Ras is just another bad guy.

I think his japanese buddy slips him into the Pit. or brings a drink of its waters to get him healthy enough to be rescued. the preview had someone standing next to him.

how long can you last exposed up in the snowy mountains with your lungs and maybe heart pierced??

I have to agree with you. Ra''s isn't just a disposable villain.

This tweet yesterday from Marc Guggenheim suggests the title of the next episode "Return" doesn't refer to Oliver return - hm

"I probably should mention that the title of Arrow Ep. 3x14 -- "The Return" -- does NOT refer to Oliver. Or Slade Wilson."

I have to disagree with you here. I thought Liam did an excellent job and looked the part. This guy didn't look the part and came a cross more as a 2 bit thug to me than the great Ra's Al Ghul.

Also the return is episode 14 is not the next episode, there are several before that. Episode 13 is titled "Canaries" so I am assuming "The Return" is going to be Dinah becoming the Black Canary.

Next 5 episode titles are:

Left Behind

Midnight City

Uprising

Canaries

The Return

I wonder if Oliver will be taking at least a short absence from Starling City and the Atom will make his appearance and be taking over duties while he is gone.

I have to disagree with you here. I thought Liam did an excellent job and looked the part. This guy didn't look the part and came a cross more as a 2 bit thug to me than the great Ra's Al Ghul.

Also the return is episode 14 is not the next episode, there are several before that. Episode 13 is titled "Canaries" so I am assuming "The Return" is going to be Dinah becoming the Black Canary.

Next 5 episode titles are:

Left Behind

Midnight City

Uprising

Canaries

The Return

I wonder if Oliver will be taking at least a short absence from Starling City and the Atom will make his appearance and be taking over duties while he is gone.

You didn't think Liam's Scottish came through a bit?

Also, did you see how this new Ra's fought - holy smokes :o

But you may be onto something there with the Atom taking the reigns for a while. That might be pretty cool actually.

does anyone else think that might be Maseo Yamashiro we see in this preview? I mean didn't he say the same thing to Ollie - that he's dead? Maybe that means he was resurrected in the Lazarus Pit and now Ollie will be too - hence he says "Olliver Queen is dead". I mean Ra's killed a bunch of his own guys when he was sparring in the opening scene, I'm sure he has to revive them or sooner or later he's going to run out of soldiers to spar with.

does anyone else think that might be Maseo Yamashiro we see in this preview? I mean didn't he say the same thing to Ollie - that he's dead? Maybe that means he was resurrected in the Lazarus Pit and now Ollie will be too - hence he says "Olliver Queen is dead". I mean Ra's killed a bunch of his own guys when he was sparring in the opening scene, I'm sure he has to revive them or sooner or later he's going to run out of soldiers to spar with.

that who I meant that we see walking to Ollies "dead" body. He's Ollies only friend in the League, sorta, whoo might disobey Ras.

I like this Ras ok. Liam was too Western. This guy is "not western" but still a bit too thuggish to be the Great Ras Al Gul who has lived for centuries. Ra's is as godly in his mind as Doc Doom is. This actor isn't playing him big enough somehow. Maybe not trying to ham it up perhaps.

You didn't think Liam's Scottish came through a bit?

Also, did you see how this new Ra's fought - holy smokes :o

Liam is Irish, not Scottish. :gossip: In any case, I liked this Ra's much better and thought he played the part well. (shrug)

Loved the O.M.A.C. reference that Ray slips in when revealing the Atom suit to Felicity. :applause:

This episode wasn't impressing me for the first 2/3, but they went HAM for the last 1/3.

I knew Ollie wasn't even going to be a challenge for Ras, makes me realize just how nice the bats is, but I enjoyed the entire episode. I'm a sucker for this show :)

I'm curious to know how he survives that treacherous fall with multiple stab wounds hm

Colton Haynes' ARSENAL Will Take Center Stage After The ARROW's "Apparent" Demise

"One of the things I was very straight with Colton [Haynes] about is I don’t think we serviced his character quite as much as we would have liked in the first half of [season 3]. I’ll say the stuff that he’s got in episodes 10, 11, and 12, it’s pretty dang gangbusters.There’s one scene in episode 11 between him and John Barrowman that I think is some of his finest work on the show."

makes sense in retrospect that she went from spoiled brat to well oiled fighting machine (in 6 weeks, but whatever) but did you figure that she was drugged? or turned bad?

I think it was more of six months? I think the transformation while dramatic isn't so far fetched. Consider the following:

1. She had just suffered a trauma, mother dying, city destroyed, lying bf and brother, etc. She was probably eager to focus on something else.

2. In her early 20's she's at the peak of her physical age, and would progress faster probably than at any other point in her life.

3. She has the time. Doesn't need money, doesn't have friends in a strange place, doesn't speak the local language.

4. She's being trained by an intense master, which we assume Merlyn to be.

5. She probably at least subconsciously wants to please her newfound father, after losing her mother (and her father earlier in life), causing her to work harder and focus more.

6. She might have a genetic pre-disposition or talent toward physicality, violence, and discipline given the abilities of her father and brother.

7. She has access to all the money to get the best foods, supplements, medical supplies, and equipment necessary to improve as fast as possible.

A person could get pretty far in six months.