• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

I had figured that she did it unknowing and under his influence somehow. Didn't think it would be a drug as explained in the episode...more of Merlyn using a mind control technique on her that was subliminally implemented throughout her training.

I love this show but if there's one thing that I cannot stand, it's how Thea's character is written. Willa Holland is a fine lady and her hair cut works but the writers did her a great injustice in my opinion. Thea has the worst motives, no motives or is just plain stupid beyond belief.

She throws a tantrum that Ollie and her mother "lied" to her. She was still a "good" person meaning she had a clear moral compass, so then she absconds with Malcolm who she knows is a liar and a pretty bad dude. WTF? Thea is written as a spoiled brat and it's sad because the writers really screwed up that character for me.

My better half follows Stephen on FB lets see if I can find the post. I put this in spoiler tags as some have eluded to the possibility of some of this stuff happening but if it does I don't want to be the one you come to for ruining it lol

Stephen is extremely comical:

Ok Facebook! It's time for an end of the year, 3,000,000 Plus Facebook Friend Q&A. We've come a long way in 2014... Pop your questions in the thread. If you want to know the types of questions, I'd like to answer... KEEP READING!!

Now... I can only be so spoilery (not a word) about the show at the best of times. Now is not the best of times. Case in point: I posted fan-art that (conceivably) showed a relatively famous staple of DC Comics. Let's pause again to remember this was fan-art. Excellent fan-art, but fan-art. Actual people, who get paid actual money to write about entertainment news, deemed this a reportable story. Did these people know this was fan-art? It's unclear. Did they think we crafted the biggest cliffhanger in the history of our show only to reveal how it'll be solved two days later on a Facebook page? I mean... I guess. So I suppose they surmised I willingly or maybe even accidentally exposed a major plot point on our show... Something I've never, EVER done before. Ridiculous.

You can read that last paragraph again, if the enormity of the logic boner didn't seem egregious enough the first time around.

All of this to say... I'm happy to answer general questions about the show, but anything specific as it pertains to our January 21st return, will be glossed over.

Since this is an end of the year Q&A, before I fall off the social medial cliff (pun intended) that is the holidays, take the time to ask more big picture questions. I'll answer them and everything.

Love you Facebook. Ask away.

Edited by iceman399

My better half follows Stephen on FB lets see if I can find the post. I put this in spoiler tags as some have eluded to the possibility of some of this stuff happening but if it does I don't want to be the one you come to for ruining it lol

Stephen is extremely comical:

Ok Facebook! It's time for an end of the year, 3,000,000 Plus Facebook Friend Q&A. We've come a long way in 2014... Pop your questions in the thread. If you want to know the types of questions, I'd like to answer... KEEP READING!!

Now... I can only be so spoilery (not a word) about the show at the best of times. Now is not the best of times. Case in point: I posted fan-art that (conceivably) showed a relatively famous staple of DC Comics. Let's pause again to remember this was fan-art. Excellent fan-art, but fan-art. Actual people, who get paid actual money to write about entertainment news, deemed this a reportable story. Did these people know this was fan-art? It's unclear. Did they think we crafted the biggest cliffhanger in the history of our show only to reveal how it'll be solved two days later on a Facebook page? I mean... I guess. So I suppose they surmised I willingly or maybe even accidentally exposed a major plot point on our show... Something I've never, EVER done before. Ridiculous.

You can read that last paragraph again, if the enormity of the logic boner didn't seem egregious enough the first time around.

All of this to say... I'm happy to answer general questions about the show, but anything specific as it pertains to our January 21st return, will be glossed over.

Since this is an end of the year Q&A, before I fall off the social medial cliff (pun intended) that is the holidays, take the time to ask more big picture questions. I'll answer them and everything.

Love you Facebook. Ask away.

I follow him on Instagram and I've always thought he just seems like the coolest guy ever. This continues to reaffirm that :applause:

These photos are tagged with the episode title Left Behind, suggesting that Laurel will pour herself into the leather, buckles and wig in the midseason premiere aka Episode 10 airing sometime in January 2015, the first outing after the show breaks for the holidays on Dec. 10.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-first-look-katie-cassidy-180913861.html

does anyone else think laurel is far and away the worst part of the show? I don't enjoy any scene that she's in.

She is terrible.

These photos are tagged with the episode title Left Behind, suggesting that Laurel will pour herself into the leather, buckles and wig in the midseason premiere aka Episode 10 airing sometime in January 2015, the first outing after the show breaks for the holidays on Dec. 10.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/arrow-first-look-katie-cassidy-180913861.html

does anyone else think laurel is far and away the worst part of the show? I don't enjoy any scene that she's in.

She is terrible.

To be honest, I really like everyone on the show to certain degrees. Even Thea - who is under-utilized, IMHO. I think Laurel's character brings in some legal levity - I'm not super big on Laurel training to do anything at all, though. I'd much rather see her become a more powerful lawyer than another cape type. It pleases me to no end to see John Diggle show up at a fight wearing a ski mask. That's so awesome. I will be sorely disappointed if they ever put him into a 'costume'.

But, keep in mind, I don't know who turns into what in the comics - so I'm totally in the dark of who each character is supposed to represent in the DCU. I watch this show purely as a fan of the show, not the comics.

Stephen Amell inadvertently reveals spoiler on the 2nd half of Arrow's 3rd season. :cool:

He has to miss a con because he's filming the season finale at the same time. Apparently, he survives the fall! (not that we had any doubt...)

Marc Guggenheim Talks Possible ARROW Spinoff Starring Brandon Routh's ATOM

---------------------

"The thing that we’ve been talking about is just how do we further expand the universe; and we love Brandon and we love having him on Arrow," he vaguely responded before being quizzed on the appeal of possibly giving the character and Superman Returns star Brandon Routh his own TV series. "Brandon’s so terrific and embodies the role so well that when we talk about how to further expand things, he’s a natural person to talk about. It’s like Brandon said on the panel, originally when we met with him we just wanted to bring a great character onto the show and we wanted a great actor to play him. That’s really how it always starts. With the exception of Grant Gustin on Arrow last year, there’s never been a [decision] to bring in a character with the intention to spin them off. It’s always, 'What services the show the best?'"

---------------------

Top 3 worst actors/characters in show

1. Laurel

2. Momma arrow

3. Thea

How in the world did casting let laurel on this show...her druggie eps were the low point of the entire series....

Thea is better now that she's off the "everyone lies to me!!!" routine

Brandon Routh On The ATOM's Superhero Suit

+Routh is currently reading the 1983 limited series, Sword of the Atom as preparation and inspiration for the role of Ray Palmer.

+Routh also divulged an interesting, mild-spoiler about Palmer's backstory on Arrow. " No, [Palmer being a corporate executive] is a totally a new thing to make him able to take over Queen Consolidated. That adds another cool go-getter aspect to him which I think is fun, which is where a lot of his passion and energy comes into the fact that he’s a self-made man in this way. He’s created this huge empire for himself. Now that he’s reached the pinnacle, what is he going to do? He had this tragedy in his life and now he’s going to give back. It’s a cool story."

+Routh said he's already tried on the Atom costume and that fans will definitely see it before the end of the season. "The best way to describe it is it’s an Iron Man/RoboCop-ish feel, but different from all those too. Like, something you haven’t seen, exoskeleton as you can see from the hologram, that’s pretty badass."

+The interview closes with Routh stating that he thinks Henry Cavill did a great job as Superman in Man of Steel and that he's rooting for WB to succeed in their film adaptations. "They’ve said this movie’s coming, this movie’s coming out, which I think is good. It gives them a bar to go and you have to make sure you reach the bar. So I think that’s cool and having a strong path is [important]. When it started out, everyone said, “Oh, superhero movies, they’re doing well. Okay, now they’re doing really well.” Now having a plan helps everyone feel more confident that they’re going towards something, just like the TV side is building bigger and bigger."

Top 3 worst actors/characters in show

1. Laurel

2. Momma arrow

3. Thea

How in the world did casting let laurel on this show...her druggie eps were the low point of the entire series....

Thea is better now that she's off the "everyone lies to me!!!" routine

Yeah, Oliver's mom came off to me very soap-opera-ish. Especially in her scenes with John Barrowman, who's smarmy presence works really well - her poor delivery really comes off in those.

I still think that Thea is the unfortunate recipient of getting thrown a bunch of non-important concepts in the show. In some of her earlier scenes from season 1, I thought she was a great train-wreck-mommy-give-me-attention-drug-addled-teenager. I wish they would have kept her that way instead of giving her some responsibility with the club and connecting with Merlyn. It seems the more "adult" she needs to be in her character, the worse off her acting appears.

I was okay with Laurel being a lawyer. I really don't want her turning into a hero. Her character has "transformed" a lot in the first three seasons, and I think that adds to why people don't like her - she comes across as phony or flaky because she's all over the board. She needs to be the person she started as - and evolve within those parameters.

I remember when the new BSG came out, there was a lot of resistance to Starbuck being a woman. They came out of the gate really trying to sell Katee Sackhoff as the typical loose-cannon, rough-around-the-edges top gun viper pilot - and it was a little heavy at first. Then, they gave her character two episodes (EP #3 and #4 - when she admitted to giving favors to Zak Adama which led to his death and she crashed on a planet afterwards) - and filled in a great backstory that really allowed the Starbuck character to be hers. Granted, she was right for the role, and her acting elevated the character - but it also had to do with great writing and understanding how she needs to connect with the audience.

The point to my rambling is that for a character to be liked, the audience needs to count on them being themselves - at least for awhile. Like a season or two. Laurel's character moved around too much, and she's just not as likeable as a character like Felicity - who has remained herself pretty much for all three seasons, but we've also seen her backstory and other elements about the hot geeky character she is.

I really didn't like the fact she now knows the identity of the Arrow, and that they did it in such an anticlimactic fashion (but I did like how Slade dismantled his whole life, though). I was really hoping that they were going to keep his identity from her. I hope they at least stick with that for Detective Lance. It's fun to have people who are not "in the know".

Anyways: 2c