• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's Surgery Sale #2

325 posts in this topic

Damn. All this time I had this fantasy that you looked like your avatar.

Thanks for ruining that for me. :(

PS. Glad you're doing ok. (thumbs u

:roflmao:

I haven't been able to shave since the day of the surgery. We left my shaver at the hospital...have to go get it today.

:roflmao:

I haven't been able to shave since the day of the surgery. We left my shaver at the hospital...have to go get it today.

Good to know that you look more like your avatar after you...shave. :eek:

get well soon..

Looks like quite the shark bite !!

Let's see now...was it the left side of my thyroid gland they took out or was it one of my gills? :D

You could be a cover boy on a pre-code horror book. :eek:

get well soon..

Looks like quite the shark bite !!

Let's see now...was it the left side of my thyroid gland they took out or was it one of my gills? :D

You could be a cover boy on a pre-code horror book. :eek:

Now waiting for Dice or Flee Marquette to come up with a cover. lol

Well boys and girls, I got the results of the left side biopsy about an hour ago. And as the doctor just said, "I have good news and I also have not-so-good news." hm

As I've stated before, there were a couple of large nodules in the left side of my thyroid gland which was removed on Monday. Ends up they were benign. :acclaim:

Now the not-so-good news. They did find 3 seperate areas of papillary thyroid cancer (the most common form of thyroid cancer) in the left lobe of my thyroid gland. But it's still not known whether the right side of my thyroid gland still has to come out or not. According to my doctor, there are differing opinions on whether to remove all of the thyroid gland if small areas of the cancer are found. He said it really depends on whether these 3 seperate areas are closely bunched or not. If they're far enough apart, I should need no further surgery. But if they are close together, that's bad and I'll probably need the right side of my thyroid gland removed as well.

I should know more after further consultation between the doctors and the pathologist....hopefully by next Monday or Tuesday. I'll let you guys know more when I find out. (thumbs u

Mike