• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,891 posts in this topic

Nice... I swear you must have a vault of foriegns somewhere Ches! you have like everything? :gossip:

cheeee...l wish...there is some REAL monsters out there...look what was posted a few days ago...I understand I will never own something like this..cuentos de abuelito 1953...Conan comic, before the "first" Conan comics...check it out!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5787458&Searchpage=2&Main=39428&Words=Chespirito&topic=0&Search=true#Post5787458

I'm late to this thread, but wonder if anyone owns a copy of this ?

It's a compilation comic called "Marvel Mix Editora Mythos #1 (1999)", this is licensed from Marvel and produced in Brazil.

The cover is awesome, like a re-mix of Hulk #181 with Spidey and Ghost Rider thrown in.

I'd love to know who the cover artist is ? I can make out Joe B......

marvel%20mix_01.jpg

It's a compilation comic called "Marvel Mix Editora Mythos #1 (1999)", this is licensed from Marvel and produced in Brazil.

The cover is awesome, like a re-mix of Hulk #181 with Spidey and Ghost Rider thrown in.

marvel%20mix_01.jpg

yes..it is the Great Joe Bennet !!!

marvel%20mix_01.jpg

yes..it is the Great Joe Bennet !!!

Of course ! Thanks.

Didn't occur to me he is Brazilian, Joe Bennet = Jose Benedito. doh!

Hey guys.... I would like to thank boardie Vaillant for helping me out with this one! This is the Italian Tomb of Dracula #1! It is a really cool book, but what makes this one soooo freakin much cooler is the addition of the original stickers that came with this issue. These are hard to find still on the sticker back and from what I have been told even rarer still attached to the book by the staple. Maybe Vaillant and other Italians can give us a lesson on the included stickers that came with many of the Italian issues? hm Earlier in this thread it was talked about how CGC lacked a way to identify properly what foreign books had stickers and what did not? And even if they did there are for sure graded Italian books floating around out there without this sticker notation? Interesting for sure.........

Tomb_dracula_italian.jpg

Tomb_dracula_italianWstickers.jpg

That's sweet, I would sub that for SS for Wolfman and Adams so fast your head would spin. lol

Here is a french ASM 361. It was beat to hell when I was younger learning how to read french.

front:

spidermanfront.jpg

back:

spidermanback.jpg

(thumbs u There are probably alot of foriegns of this issue..... be an interesting one to collect.... hm