• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
19 19

4,889 posts in this topic

From the island of Aegina of the coast of Greece, someone decided the greeks had it all wrong about the cover of #129 and it's incorrect story. :roflmao:

If I had lived there i would have done the same... (tsk)

Like a real boss..... :sumo:

20131228_220009_zpsb40f6cbd.jpg

20131228_220036_zps99e65de3.jpg

20131228_215950_zps026c5b03.jpg

I came back to collecting after 17 years break. I used to buy and collect many titles, both Marvel and DC from Brazilian editors "Abril". with my cousin when we were kids in the end 80´s and start 90´s. We built up a nice collection but I stopped when I went to college 600Km away from home.

So you’re relativele young (I was born in 1969).

Marvels in Italy in 1971-1984 were pretty wonderful, although early and late issues have not-so-good translations (late ones because the publisher was going bankrupt).

Sorry to hear about your cousin – you did right in selling what is not of interest, the important thing is to remember him with some books you cherished together. (thumbs u

I don’t recall if I posted the italian #50 – and I don’t recall if this is the copy set aside for Matthew, as I have a pair of them… but here it is anyway:

gFH3S4Gh.jpg

Yesterday, I got this in the mail. The only number from Colombia. Best of all, there 2 cover. The 1st one is taken from Vampirella #19 (iconic cover of José González), and the second cover is the also iconic cover of Frazetta from #1. Inside, there a little bit of color, some story are with orange, and other with green.

1sfj.jpg

xb8z.jpg

p1n6.jpg

:banana:

These Philippine books are fascinating – they look like they survived a war. :)

Whatever do you mean by that? I guess roach/mouse chew does leave that kind of impression. ;)

You can't bother to ask me to find them in high grade because of the reasons I cited on the Philippine variant thread.

Here's a couple more from National Bookstore, from DC this time.

Green Lantern/Green Arrow 89

kb29p5.jpg

xqao2r.jpg

2nggcwi.jpg

House of Mystery 107

2mnocrc.jpg

nxt0l2.jpg

2zisbye.jpg

Justice Inc. 1

idsjuc.jpg

ztdnc4.jpg

30holzc.jpg

Phantom Stranger 40

qqsjg0.jpg

k42ee.jpg

29f2g0g.jpg

Yesterday, I got this in the mail. The only number from Colombia. Best of all, there 2 cover. The 1st one is taken from Vampirella #19 (iconic cover of José González), and the second cover is the also iconic cover of Frazetta from #1. Inside, there a little bit of color, some story are with orange, and other with green.

p1n6.jpg

:banana:

Holy geez that is pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!! ^^