• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,885 posts in this topic

Just posted this from my collection in the PGM forum. The series mostly presented newspaper gag strips (not the longer adventures which were presented in another series). This is from 1937, I started collecting those when I was 16 but stopped time ago. I have a 35-40% of the series.

More here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7204580#Post7204580

CGsEdBih.jpg

Just posted this from my collection in the PGM forum. The series mostly presented newspaper gag strips (not the longer adventures which were presented in another series). This is from 1937, I started collecting those when I was 16 but stopped time ago. I have a 35-40% of the series.

More here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7204580#Post7204580

CGsEdBih.jpg

Jesus 1937 holy shinoli!!!!!! that is super awresome

later on i really want to get the Donald Duck i think its 1935....

very impressive you should get #1 CGCed

Only foreign 1st Darkseid i have ever seen....

homem-aco-26_2_zpsb4ec8fa3.jpg

:whistle:

JimmyOlsen134Mexico.jpg

So, which of these covers is a reprint of the actual cover and which is a poor man's redrawing of the original cover. There are many, many differences on the details on these two cover.

By the way, :applause:. Cool find.

CGsEdBih.jpg

P

I

M

P

Not sure how this relates to PIMPs, if I get the slang meaning of the word correctly… lol

Anyway, I’m going to post more of these… watch out for them in the PGM section. (thumbs u

Here’s another for Ches: early italian story (one of the legendary seven 1930s-40s stories written by Federico Pedrocchi): interior art is crude, but covers are wonderful.

This is another title, "Gli Albi d’Oro", larger size than the average comic book, it published long, classic newspaper stories (like "The Plumber's Helper", and many early Mickey long stories), and in this case reprinted an italian long story from Pedrocchi involving Clarabelle Cow – first collected edition. :)

8CqafnJh.jpg

UtZAOs8h.jpg

I am in love.

Those are not easy to come by, but when they pop up they don’t cost so much – if you are interested I can place a search on eBay.it :)

In fact I was almost thinking to sell mine, as I already have the original Mr. A fanzine.

Very kind of you sir.I shall PM you!

Jimmers