• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,886 posts in this topic

Great and unusual nordic editions, Tim – and the Batman is in awesome shape. I recognize the language but is that Portoguese or Brazilian?

I could not say "no" to this one, especially for the whiteness and freshness of paper.

This series (which translates as "Giant-sized Fantastic Four" in English) is the second italian edition (and thus the first reprint) of the Fantastic Four series, oversized (magazine size), and the place where I have read first the Lee/Kirby story, and it’s a beautiful edition.

ZCZM0pCh.jpg

I actually prefer this over the first edition, as the artwork is valorised while being printed on an appropriate paper stock (not the coated paper they often use for the reprints nowadays, which does not fit).

While I am not intentioned to keep most of my italian editions, I hope this to be a restart, for myself, of this particular series, which reprints a good deal of the Lee/Kirby original issues (up to 85 or so). :)

Great and unusual nordic editions, Tim – and the Batman is in awesome shape. I recognize the language but is that Portoguese or Brazilian?
It's Brazilian but they were distributed in Portugal as well I think. Nuno (Barbarian) could verify that better than I can.

The Norway books are pretty cool, you don't see them as often as some of the other books from the European countries.

It's Brazilian but they were distributed in Portugal as well I think. Nuno (Barbarian) could verify that better than I can.

The Norway books are pretty cool, you don't see them as often as some of the other books from the European countries.

:hi:

Brazil, May 1974. Anything Ebal was printed in Brazil.

Very few copies made it to Portugal.

Here's a few things I managed to get scanned today.

I've actually had this one for a while but missed scanning it before now.

WolverineOrigins20France_zps1f2692c5.jpg

Punisher2Mexico_zpsfa02bdaa.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan238Greece_zps3d394450.jpg

This one was cheap so I grabbed it, it looks good with the #13 I got from Liam(Liaton-9000).

SpiderMan1Mexico_zps85c2b402.jpg

th_SpiderMan1Mexico_zps85c2b402.jpgth_SpiderMan13Mexico_zps13692efd.jpg

And last but certainly not least... this one brings it down to just two more Mexican Green Lantern issues to have the complete Adams run finished.

GreenLantern82Mexico_zps142f095e.jpg

OMG Barbarian – hey, you really have to sell this to Tim. :D

Tim doesn´t know it yet, but he´s already getting some of the Ebals bellow.

:D

That Spidey is not for sale and will be encapsulated in the near future.

This was my score for the last week of 2013

th_Aranhapalirex1-Capa_zps2bec0c64.jpg th_Palirex2-Capa_zps930422c3.jpg th_Palirex3-Capa_zps37f72a12.jpg th_Palirex4-Capa_zpscd261f0d.jpg th_Palirex5-Capa_zpse9694ca6.jpgth_BatmanEbal17-3aSerie-Capa_zpsaee92329.jpg th_BatmanEbal21-3aSerie-Capa_zps55635860.jpg th_BatmanEbal32-3aSerie-Capa_zps42221faa.jpg th_Tomahawk6-Ebal-Capa_zps02cced4b.jpg th_Tomahawk7-Ebal-Capa_zpsa4c11b69.jpg th_Tomahawk2-Ebal-Capa_zps3b65ef0e.jpg th_TeiaAranha17-Capa_zps65b84585.jpg th_SAM75-Copia2-Capa_zps0e2c64ad.jpg th_Hulk97-Abril-Capa_zps341a7cf0.jpg th_AranhaAbril97-Capa_zps11d34bae.jpg th_XMen11-AbrilPortugal-Copia1-Capa_zps8e7aabc8.jpg th_HomemAranha10-AbrilPortugal-Copia2-Capa_zps301713e2.jpg th_HomemAranha15-AbrilPortugal-Copia1-Capa_zpsfa63a50b.jpg th_HomemAranha10-AbrilPortugal-Copia1-Capa_zpsf4addc38.jpg th_TeiaAranha51-Copia1-Capa_zps585d802f.jpg th_SAM75-Copia3-Capa_zps5c993e24.jpg

So you collect both in your original and the portuguese editions?

I ask because, with little exceptions, I no longer collect the italian ones.

Of course, certain issues are more relevant, that is why I am still undecided if I should let go my FF #1 in Italian (considered I have other editions of it):

1UBrqrHh.jpg

So you collect both in your original and the portuguese editions?

I ask because, with little exceptions, I no longer collect the italian ones.

Of course, certain issues are more relevant, that is why I am still undecided if I should let go my FF #1 in Italian (considered I have other editions of it):

1UBrqrHh.jpg

Cool book. :applause:

I came back to collecting after 17 years break. I used to buy and collect many titles, both Marvel and DC from Brazilian editors "Abril". with my cousin when we were kids in the end 80´s and start 90´s. We built up a nice collection but I stopped when I went to college 600Km away from home.

My cousin continued collecting throughout the years and started collecting original modern US titles at some stage in 1999. Mainly Moderns, Image and Marvel floppies and Assorted TPB´s and Hardcovers.

He passed away from chronic disease in 2011 and left me the collection. 7 long boxes with our collection from our teen years and all US moderns.

After a few months down memory lane I started selling parts of the collection online. found the boards and started collecting some titles. I collect Portuguese and Brazilian prints of US keys. My favorites are Adams Bats from Brazilian Editor "Ebal"