• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,877 posts in this topic

As a new foreign variant collector, I enjoyed the article on page one. I fall into the OCD category. Searching out Amazing Spider-Man 194 variants is becoming a new addiction.

Welcome to the asylum. Show us some pics of your treasure finds!

This is what I have pictures of so far. UK and Brazil ( A Teia Do Aranha 51 )not pictured

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

As a new foreign variant collector, I enjoyed the article on page one. I fall into the OCD category. Searching out Amazing Spider-Man 194 variants is becoming a new addiction.

This is what I have pictures of so far. UK and Brazil ( A Teia Do Aranha 51 )not pictured

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

That set will look even better with a certain Homem-Aranha book on its way :whistle:

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

Wow! That is a cool set. Congratulations!

Here is a group shot of the Philippine Star Wars #1 - 3:

philippine-starwars-lot_zpssvu84tlq.jpg

I am very fortunate to have these in my collection.

You can read more about these issues on my blog:

Philippine Alemar's Star Wars #1

Philippine Alemar's Star Wars #2

You've got to ask yourself one question.

I had a box of those i handed out this halloween yeah right. which is more scarce, Greek or specific store @Philipines? regardless those are bad to the bone!!!!

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

Nice set! I think DTA collectible has spanish version or maybe had. I havent looked in some months. It isnt easy to find on site as I think it was labeled wrong.

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

Nice set! I think DTA collectible has spanish version or maybe had. I havent looked in some months. It isnt easy to find on site as I think it was labeled wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-194-First-Black-Cat-1983-Mexican-Edition-/331694604316?hash=item4d3a8a001c:g:iE4AAOSwT5tWMi0S

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-194-First-Black-Cat-1983-Mexican-Edition-/331694604316?hash=item4d3a8a001c:g:iE4AAOSwT5tWMi0S

That is labeled correctly. Mexico/Mexican When you search for Amazing Spider-Man #194 on Feebay, this book doesn't even pop up. :screwy:

Guess I needed to type in Mexican.

Edit: Is that foxing on the back cover?

Edited by Catwomancomics

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

That is labeled correctly. Mexico/Mexican When you search for Amazing Spider-Man #194 on Feebay, this book doesn't even pop up. :screwy:

He fixed the label. DTA respects the foreign the market as you can tell from his inventory. I bought from them a few times. So did you purchase? I hope you got it and i didnt let cat out of the bag for another stalker... no Pun :ohnoez:

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

He fixed the label. DTA respects the foreign the market as you can tell from his inventory. I bought from them a few times. So did you purchase? I hope you got it and i didnt let cat out of the bag for another stalker... no Pun :ohnoez:

No I didn't buy it. The back cover has foxing or stains. I didn't have enough time to ask seller about them.

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

No I didn't buy it. The back cover has foxing or stains. I didn't have enough time to ask seller about them.

That stinks.... Just remember often while collecting foreign comics one must reign in a bit the condition standards we are used to when collecting American books. You don't have to, but sometimes if standards are to high buying opportunities can be very scarce.... especially when building a set one needs to be open to any thing that can possibly add bricks to your set wall. Just an opinion of course..... you are well on your way my friend! Let me help a bit as well so you know what all is available for this issue!

All known foreigns for this issue....

spiderman194_foreignset.jpg

image_zpsnvc8st0q.jpeg

That stinks.... Just remember often while collecting foreign comics one must reign in a bit the condition standards we are used to when collecting American books. You don't have to, but sometimes if standards are to high buying opportunities can be very scarce.... especially when building a set one needs to be open to any thing that can possibly add bricks to your set wall. Just an opinion of course..... you are well on your way my friend! Let me help a bit as well so you know what all is available for this issue!

All known foreigns for this issue....

spiderman194_foreignset.jpg

WOW (worship) Thanks for sharing these photos. This is the first time I've seen the Australian variant on the top row far left and the Spain variant bottom row center.

I'm loving the foreign variants although mine are all modern's. Have picked up:

Batman #1 Italian (has the regular cover)

Batman #1 German (Van Sciver cover)

Wolverine as Deadpool Mexican

Harley Quinn Eternal #19 German (Chad Hardin cover)

Superman/Batman #41 German (Affleck/Cavill cover)

TWD #5 German (Michonne's 1st appearance). Not a normal size book BTW

A couple of Darth Vader covers (cannot remember the actual title/#)

Supergirl & the Legion of Heroes French (I think) (incoming)

All great covers at affordable prices and they look awesome! I'll never own a real Wolverine/Deadpool or Michonne 1st app, so this works for me :)

Edited by 21Pittsburgh58

I'm loving the foreign variants although mine are all modern's. Have picked up:

Batman #1 Italian (has the regular cover)

Batman #1 German (Van Sciver cover)

Wolverine as Deadpool Mexican

Harley Quinn Eternal #19 German (Chad Hardin cover)

Superman/Batman #41 German (Affleck/Cavill cover)

TWD #5 German (Michonne's 1st appearance). Not a normal size book BTW

A couple of Darth Vader covers (cannot remember the actual title/#)

Supergirl & the Legion of Heroes French (I think) (incoming)

All great covers at affordable prices and they look awesome! I'll never own a real Wolverine/Deadpool or Michonne 1st app, so this works for me :)

Well, we have sorta moved on from calling them "Variants"... to buzzwordy and gets the old school panties all bunched up....

We have since moved on to calling them foreign editions.... 2c It is a better classification anyway.

Edited by Define999