• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

You americans seem often to commit the grave error to think in terms of "good people" vs "bad people" instead of "bad" vs "good", but again – I don’t wont to be excessively cocky… Ugh.

(tsk)

You may have avoided cocky, but you ran smack dab into tvvatbag.

You americans seem often to commit the grave error to think in terms of "good people" vs "bad people" instead of "bad" vs "good", but again – I don’t wont to be excessively cocky… Ugh.

(tsk)

+1

I appreciate his original sentiment, which is "don't be judgmental and stereotype others"; but he then finishes with a highly judgmental and stereotypical remark about Americans (lower case I might add) as if we are all some monolithic off-shoot of the Spanish Inquisition.

Some might even consider this kind of Nationalistic/Cultural backhand a form of cockiness.

(tsk)

Does that mean he's a bad person?

:baiting:

(tsk)

+1

I appreciate his original sentiment, which is "don't be judgmental and stereotype others"; but he then finishes with a highly judgmental and stereotypical remark about Americans (lower case I might add) as if we are all some monolithic off-shoot of the Spanish Inquisition.

Some might even consider this kind of Nationalistic/Cultural backhand a form of cockiness.

+ 1 Clearly.

Dan

Having personally met and hung out with Austin on a number of occasions I can say from my own first hand experience he is a good guy.

He has a genuine love of comics and art and has offered to help me out on numerous occasions with moving, not something most people just volunteer to do.

And without divulging too much of his personal life, I know he does quite a bit to help out his family.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you Beau (worship)

(tsk)

Does that mean he's a bad person?

:baiting:

Twatbag lol lol lol

I am officially living in Bizarro World

Welcome. ;)

@hockey&comicsguy: Maybe I dont get it, but its not "just people opinions". Simple, immediate opinions can be deceiving, they are not so reliable (especially today).

I was trying to hint to something more here, as you say any criticism is good towards actions, but as far as Ive seen theres still nothing to blame excelsior1986 personally. And this has happened, if not explicitly, at least implicitly.

You americans seem often to commit the grave error to think in terms of "good people" vs "bad people" instead of "bad" vs "good", but again I dont wont to be excessively cocky Ugh.

I would have gone directly to the person first and asked them about it in private

Thats the most important point. Roy: awesome. ;)

I appreciate your first post, Very kind words, and while some people may not agree with this one (lol) i get your point. A few years back when i was going to school, i was taking a social studies class and the teacher (a foriegner himself) would get into many heated arguments with the students about how americans view people and not their actions. It's just black or white, good or bad, and i do believe this country is taught to believe that way.

(tsk)

He sounded racist to me

Vicariously, I... live while the whole world dies.

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.

Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.

Don't try to throw tool quotes at me young man. Ill spit em right back. lol

Why can't we just admit it?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing...

:headbang:

:headbang:

Consequences dictate

our course of action

and it doesn't matter what's right.

It's only wrong if you get caught.

:grin:

(tsk)

Yeah. I can't believe such a well thought out, well intended, and well written post would end with him teabagging the U S of A.

My original opinion of Italians stands. :sumo:

Having personally met and hung out with Austin on a number of occasions I can say from my own first hand experience he is a good guy.

He has a genuine love of comics and art and has offered to help me out on numerous occasions with moving, not something most people just volunteer to do.

And without divulging too much of his personal life, I know he does quite a bit to help out his family.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you Beau (worship)

(thumbs u

Choices always were a problem for you.

What you need is someone strong to guide you.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,

what you need is someone strong to guide you..

like me,

No particular reason for the quote, just one of may favorite Tool songs.

(tsk)

He sounded racist to me

It's no more racist than saying all Canadians do is cause shipping problems for American sellers.

lol