• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

Alright, let's move onto something important!

When is my Avengers 57 cover gonna be done? :baiting:

lol

Haha. It might be done tonight. If not tomorrow for sure.

Mike is a great guy...period.

I don't know excelsior but it was nice see him come on address the crowd.

My only comment, which I guess is directed to excelsior, as soon as the cash flow problems start...as soon as they start....comic buying should stop. Just my 2c

Thanks. (thumbs u

Evidently no one gets my humor.

I'll try to spoon-feed it next time.

:)

Yeah, at least use a more proper emoticon next time to convey your message. :baiting:

:grin:

Next time I'll wrap it in the appropriate tags.

[sardonically facetious] [/sardonically facetious]

I'll admit you threw me off at the start by saying you liked him. Do people still like each other? Don't believe what people tell you, I don't like anybody. :sumo:

I liked him a lot until I saw this thread.

I'll like him again if he returns the money. That's my definition of "manning up."

I don't believe in compartmentalizing money the way it was explained, but that's just me. Me?...I would have immediately given back the portion the wasn't needed and worked 5 jobs until I could repay the rest of the gift because that would be what an honorable man would do. I would find ways to cut my expenses, and I certainly wouldn't buy luxury entertainment items like expensive comic books.

If that's what it'll take to fix it, then that's what I'll do.

Do just what Mike did (thumbs u

No one was in a worse spot than him after the fire. He could have easily pocketed that 5k but put it away for future boardies in need. I'm sure he'll be the 1st to say he doesn't want the money back. When you get on your feet, save up a little for a boardie in need and when the time comes, help them out like Mike helped you and we helped him after the fire :applause:

Regardless of this particular issue, is there any doubt in anyones mind that Mike is the BEST forum member ?

He definitely gets my vote !

I'm assuming Mike is Comicdonna? I don't believe in comparing people or putting them in a pecking order, but he has certainly demonstrated himself to be a man of character.

lol

My only comment, which I guess is directed to excelsior, as soon as the cash flow problems start...as soon as they start....comic buying should stop. Just my 2c

Thanks. (thumbs u

Yeah, at least use a more proper emoticon next time to convey your message. :baiting:

I'll admit you threw me off at the start by saying you liked him. Do people still like each other? Don't believe what people tell you, I don't like anybody. :sumo:

I'll like him again if he returns the money. That's my definition of "manning up."

I don't believe in compartmentalizing money the way it was explained, but that's just me. Me?...I would have immediately given back the portion the wasn't needed and worked 5 jobs until I could repay the rest of the gift because that would be what an honorable man would do. I would find ways to cut my expenses, and I certainly wouldn't buy luxury entertainment items like expensive comic books.

No one was in a worse spot than him after the fire. He could have easily pocketed that 5k but put it away for future boardies in need. I'm sure he'll be the 1st to say he doesn't want the money back. When you get on your feet, save up a little for a boardie in need and when the time comes, help them out like Mike helped you and we helped him after the fire :applause:

+1

As I stated earlier, Austin has agreed to pay forward to someone else in need, when he gets back on his feet. I believe him.

Night everyone.

lol

Thanks. (thumbs u

+1

As I stated earlier, Austin has agreed to pay forward to someone else in need, when he gets back on his feet. I believe him.

Night everyone.

This is what my dog thinks of your generosity. hm

Regardless of this particular issue, is there any doubt in anyones mind that Mike is the BEST forum member ?

He definitely gets my vote !

I'm assuming Mike is Comicdonna? I don't believe in comparing people or putting them in a pecking order, but he has certainly demonstrated himself to be a man of character.

I have never in my life met a single board member. Probably b/c I don't go to conventions or associate in public with nerds. :insane:

That said, Mike was one of the first people I communicated with when I signed up here. Courteous and helpful. He's a generous and principled man. If there's such a thing as having a friend via the internet, somebody you've never actually met, you couldn't have a better one than Mike. 2c

Hey comic book Donna chick, send me $500. I promise you'll never see where I shop funny books with it!

:foryou:

I'll do even better, if you give me $500 I promise to only buy Mac N Cheese, hot sauce and wine. Only the essentials ya know.

Hey comic book Donna chick, send me $500. I promise you'll never see where I shop funny books with it!

:foryou:

I'll do even better, if you give me $500 I promise to only buy Mac N Cheese, hot sauce and wine. Only the essentials ya know.

Do you put the hot sauce on the mac n cheese? I sure hope so. It's the only way to eat it.

I live with a philosophy that almost everything we do is essentially selfish. Generally, we do things for others because we prefer the way the feeling of doing it over the feeling of not doing it.

I know that I have done one unselfish thing in my life, because I hate the fact that I gave money to a particular person. I don't know what the person did with it and I'll never find out, but I wish I had that money instead of them.

It's a small consolation about feeling unhappy about generosity. :P

That's Ayn Rand's philosophy, she wrote a book called "The Virtue of Selfishness" good stuff.

Mike is one of my all-time favorite people.

Everyone should buy a hand painted short box from Austin with a re-creation of your favorite cover. He is a ridiculously talented artist and I am the proud owner of two originals.

I was also thrilled to sell a couple books to Austin recently - and now that I know they've been paid for by Mike, this is starting to feel like some bizarre love triangle. :insane:

In all seriousness, I am sorry to hear about your personal issues Austin and I hope the future is brighter for you and your family. I totally understand why you are buying comics in the face of these circumstances. Whenever I am stressed out in my personal or professional life, buying a few golden age reader copies always seem to be just the right medicine. I get it. (thumbs u

Mike is one of my all-time favorite people.

Everyone should buy a hand painted short box from Austin with a re-creation of your favorite cover. He is a ridiculously talented artist and I am the proud owner of two originals.

I was also thrilled to sell a couple books to Austin recently - and now that I know they've been paid for by Mike, this is starting to feel like some bizarre love triangle. :insane:

In all seriousness, I am sorry to hear about your personal issues Austin and I hope the future is brighter for you and your family. I totally understand why you are buying comics in the face of these circumstances. Whenever I am stressed out in my personal or professional life, buying a few golden age reader copies always seem to be just the right medicine. I get it. (thumbs u

Thanks Josh! Your book was paid for with cover recreation money though. No love triangle tis time. Next time around maybe.

Indeed mike should be voted best forum member. And everyone is correct, I don't think he would ask or accept the money back. I all but begged him to let me do something in return for the money and he wasn't havin it. Haha. He just said pay it forward. And that's what I intend to do. If you ask anyone that knows me they will tell you I'd do anything for anyone and not expect anything in return. I guess when this situation came about, I thought maybe good karma is comin my way finally. I guess I should've used the remaining $82 to help someone else or put it away for when I needed it again. Lesson learned. You can hold me to my word though when I say i will be paying this forward. This is a once in a lifetime event that you just don't forget about, it's something that inspires you to be a better person, and that's what it's done even if I did mess up in the process.

Not sure if the above post was being shown as I was seeing it, but this is what it was supposed to say.