• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

excelsior1986 I have a bone to pick with you.

332 posts in this topic

And the worst? Those who decide to slander, pile it on or troll a particular person that they have no dealings with whatsoever. Keep your own house in order. Don't try to be Sherock Holmes and dig up more dirt on a person that you don't even know so you can post it here. If someone hasn't done wrong by you, you have no business posting smack here. This is a community. Stick together and treat others as you would have them do to you.

Sorry Kramerica.

I'm gonna tell you like I've been telling everyone else:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Of course you are right, and are well-intended. But that will get you nowhere on this Forum.

You wanna get somewhere? Take all their garbage they spew forth, choose a side, defend that side that would make Al Quida turn green with envy, deny, defy, and deflect any and all reason, and you will win many over here. They will like you, as they can control you. They can type anything they want about you and you won't raise a stink.

Me? I am nowhere here and proud of it. I had done nothing to anyone and got grief for the majority of my time here. Many here took the other side, based on many things, most, if not all, are untrue. I decided to fight back and give it a good shot. And I did. I am my own man and answer to no one here and could be dying on the streets penniless and would never even THINK of asking anyone here for help. CGC puts up with the trolls because of " they bring traffic to this site" so they chose a side: no matter how many good ones that were chased off here in my 12 years or so here.

Many saved the flame wars I have been involved in, and for "their" so-called good reason(s). They were defending their "friends" from another place.

Me? if I was associated with anyone like those "friends" from another place, I would disavow them immediately, and have stated so many times.

Sorry Kramerica, this is NOT a Community. It is junior high online.

CAL who just caught more wind on a Thread trashing IMSM again...

I feel because this is a community that people have the right to say something when an issue like this is brought to light. Dogpiling is never a good thing, but I honestly didn't see too much of that, I saw a lot of people who were genuinely concerned that something shady was going on. The fact that the dude came in here and tried to explain in a reasonable and sincere manner went a long way to smoothing things out IMHO. Does that excuse what he did 100%? Maybe not, but I don't think that any hard feelings still exist.

If anyone wants to help Austin get on his feet as quickly as possible so he can pay it forward, I HIGHLY recommend you ask him to do a cover recreation for you! He did a thread selling them for $50 and i asked him to do Avengers 57 for me and THIS is whats coming my way :cloud9:

vision1.jpg

Anyone who wants a cover to hang in their house, office, whatever, i highly, HIGHLY recommend that you shoot him a pm! (thumbs u

at least he's not spending it on hookers and blow. (shrug)

what's wrong with spending it on hookers who blow? :banana:

:lol:

I respectfully disagree, Cal. I've made many friends (most who I've never met) in my short time here, and many good deeds have issued forth both ways.

Like any community, there will be some extreme personalities, and few village idjits that you run into, but by and large, this is a community filled with quite a few very, very nice and honest people.

I respectfully disagree, Cal. I've made many friends (most who I've never met) in my short time here, and many good deeds have issued forth both ways.

Like any community, there will be some extreme personalities, and few village idjits that you run into, but by and large, this is a community filled with quite a few very, very nice and honest people.

:acclaim:

:acclaim:

(worship)

OK, now it seems that the "Pandora's box" has been emptied. :foryou:

I've only known Austin for a short time but he's one of the good guys IMO.

Almost… :eyeroll:

I am my own man and answer to no one here and could be dying on the streets penniless and would never even THINK of asking anyone here for help.

@Calamerica. If you think about it in a thorough way, there may be also little or nothing good in not asking help. Often it may also be a bad thing, and merely denoting pride. Please note I am not using pride in the commonsense use the term took on in a pretty modern context, but in the negative acception the word has in spiritual terminology.

So, once again it doesn’t make much sense in thinking in terms of "good people" and "bad people", even if you do not believe in the value of forgiveness.

In fact, I’m pretty sure we would very likely not even have an "Al-Quaeda" or a "Klu-Klux-Klan" if everyone would start thinking more reflectively on the nature of "pride".

Said this, I remark my considerations weren’t specifically about Austin: he may has handled the whole donation thing too lightheartedly, or not, but there were no elements at all for the sconsiderate discussions which went on in the first posts.

I also think it’s quite superfluous to remark my observations about the easiness of judgment were not aimed to despise americans. As I thought, I firmly believe any country or culture in a given historical moment has specific weaknesses, and wonderful gifts, so it always pays to be more reflective and less passionate. It’s a tough effort (I know it is for me), but it’s really worth the price.

Again, I apologize if my english has "bugs" and may not be fully understandable. I have no occasion to pratice it professionally or to improve my vocabulary , as I’m just using it in occasional writing. ;)

If anyone wants to help Austin get on his feet as quickly as possible so he can pay it forward, I HIGHLY recommend you ask him to do a cover recreation for you! He did a thread selling them for $50 and i asked him to do Avengers 57 for me and THIS is whats coming my way :cloud9:

Anyone who wants a cover to hang in their house, office, whatever, i highly, HIGHLY recommend that you shoot him a pm! (thumbs u

This was NOT a good recommendation for me...

I have a bone to pick with excelsior1986 :mad:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=5989468&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5989468

I dont know what the deal is???

he was great for me, did the piece in a timely manner, had great communication and sent it out right when he said he would (shrug)

Apparently, he has dropped off the face of the Earth though. I dont have any contact info for him except thru pm's on here but hopefully maybe someone else does. I'm a BIGTIME hoarder of boxes so its possible i have whatever he used to mail me my Avengers 57 cover. I dont think i do but i'll look around and see if i have it, might at least get you a name and address (thumbs u

I have paid him for two commissions...send him 3 fairly expensive books on which to do the commssions on. He said he would work with me on my requests and I told him he had time, as long as communication was consistent, I could work around whatever schedule he's got. Well...last time he said anything to me was 3 August and has not answered my PMs. He never showed me any of the progress on the sketches and has dissappeared. I am not to put business out like that, but last time this happenned to me, I waited almost 18 months for something, Its kind of turning me off of sketches as a whole.

The plan was for two uniquely done ASM 300s and one 298....I have yet to see anything. oh, did I mention that I commssioned this in May!!! I don't mind waiting, but I would want to know if its stil happenning. I even made a thread about him to see if he was alright. He is probably a nice guy, but does this mean I have to put up with him not doing what he agreed to do, for the price he agreed to...now, I am out books, time, and money...I ma having bad luck this year with this....hope my upcoming projects are nothing like this 2c

Sorry to hear about the troubles people are having with this boardie. When I was doing cover recreations, I was not able to spend less than 30 hours on a 15 x 20 penciled illustration, and in a few cases, that time doubled. In a roundabout way I'm saying I'm surprised hearing he was only charging as much as he was.

Sorry to hear about the troubles people are having with this boardie. When I was doing cover recreations, I was not able to spend less than 30 hours, and in a few cases, that time doubled. In a roundabout way I'm saying I'm surprised hearing he was only charging as much as we was.

I was surprised too..that is why I jumped on the chance, specially after I had seen some of the pieces he had done...

I had Austin do two cover recreations and he was great to work with on both. I'm not sure what's up with him.

The situation with Comic Donna giving him money was a bit unsettling. Now disappearing having expensive comics and sketches owed....not a good sign.

I hope this ends well.

I have paid him for two commissions...send him 3 fairly expensive books on which to do the commssions on. He said he would work with me on my requests and I told him he had time, as long as communication was consistent, I could work around whatever schedule he's got. Well...last time he said anything to me was 3 August and has not answered my PMs. He never showed me any of the progress on the sketches and has dissappeared. I am not to put business out like that, but last time this happenned to me, I waited almost 18 months for something, Its kind of turning me off of sketches as a whole.

The plan was for two uniquely done ASM 300s and one 298....I have yet to see anything. oh, did I mention that I commssioned this in May!!! I don't mind waiting, but I would want to know if its stil happenning. I even made a thread about him to see if he was alright. He is probably a nice guy, but does this mean I have to put up with him not doing what he agreed to do, for the price he agreed to...now, I am out books, time, and money...I ma having bad luck this year with this....hope my upcoming projects are nothing like this 2c

I don't even know why you would have to send him an ASM 300 for min to do the sketch, aren't there enough high res scans of that comic floating around online already?