• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sealed 4 Pac: Iron Man 55

53 posts in this topic

:takeit:

:applause: That's so awesome Double B - you just bought one of the coolest things I've ever seen on this board (worship)

Congratultions (thumbs u

Thanks Mark

Bought based on your "feeling" its a double cover :pullhair:

I have a "feeling" you are joking, but if not... :o . Congrats!

As I understand it, most of these multi-packs ware assembled by jobbers from returns or unsold books, not assembled at the printing point.

I understand. In Italy they were issued by the publisher. An example (not mine):

BUSTA-CORNO.jpg

They usually go for about the same value of the issue (you can spot it in backlight), but not much more, and they are definitely uncommon here as well.

As I understand it, most of these multi-packs ware assembled by jobbers from returns or unsold books, not assembled at the printing point.

I think you are correct. I have seen books from multipacks with date stamps on them.

How in the heck can you guys tell that the IM 55 is maybe a double cover just from that pic?!? (shrug)

Congrats to both! What a great time to come up with this the way IM55 has been exploding the last few months! (worship)

In like 1995, my LCS in Tallahassee actually had this exact same one. I only remember because it was right there in the display case at the register for the entire 2 years i was there and he wanted what i thought was an insanely outrageous price at the time, $500. The IM55 looked as mint as you could get 9.6-9.8 minimum but i already had a nice raw IM55 and back then the price was like 5 times guide but i always thought it was cool since i had never seen one of those multi packs with an actual key(or at least semi key) comic in it. I wnder what ever happened to that Tallahassee multi pack hm

Anyways, congrats Foolkiller on a SWEET item for sale there :applause:

I understand. In Italy they were issued by the publisher. An example (not mine):

BUSTA-CORNO.jpg

They usually go for about the same value of the issue (you can spot it in backlight), but not much more, and they are definitely uncommon here as well.

Wow I would buy one of those in a second, just awesome.