• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Have a feeling that Shamus owns these, but maybe not

magsci81.gif

batman423.jpg

623069.jpg

The last piece is owned by a local comic store owner in Vancouver.

He displayed it in April at FanExpo Vancouver

IMG_18171.jpg

Have a feeling that Shamus owns these, but maybe not

magsci81.gif

batman423.jpg

623069.jpg

The last piece is owned by a local comic store owner in Vancouver.

He displayed it in April at FanExpo Vancouver

IMG_18171.jpg

Ah yes, I remembered that, I should have clued in when I saw the post earlier.

And I asked. It's not for sale.

Malvin

Hi guys,

There's a piece of original art I've been desperately trying to locate:

the Superman Blue trading card art, created for WIZARD magazine

(scan attached):

399df557-d1ae-4cfa-8ab4-e3af9b25d721.jpg

The art is by Dan Jurgens & Brett Breeding.

I've already been in contact with Dan (it's not in his current inventory),

and I hope to hear back from Brett's rep.

I'd be very honored to add this one to my collection, so if you might have

it or have any clue or lead to it's whereabouts - I'd be very thankful.

Thank you,

Gal Schwartz

Hi All,

I am hoping to locate the OA to this cover. Not for me but as a gift for my sister who is a Cheryl Blossom fan. Also I do not know if it proper to ask, but where can I find approximate prices for a cover like this? I've never purchased original comic art before.

CherylBlossom34.jpg

If you would like to get a 5-star recreation for your sister you can check with John Sterling Lucas, who did some brilliant work for Archie Comics. He does beautiful work, and you could not hope to find a nicer guy.

You can write him on his Facebook page and he will definitely get back to you ASAP, usually within a couple hours.

John Sterling Lucas on Facebook

You can see some of his work here on CFA

Hi guys,

There's a piece of original art I've been desperately trying to locate:

the Superman Blue trading card art, created for WIZARD magazine

(scan attached):

399df557-d1ae-4cfa-8ab4-e3af9b25d721.jpg

The art is by Dan Jurgens & Brett Breeding.

I've already been in contact with Dan (it's not in his current inventory),

and I hope to hear back from Brett's rep.

I'd be very honored to add this one to my collection, so if you might have

it or have any clue or lead to it's whereabouts - I'd be very thankful.

Thank you,

Gal Schwartz

A bump (as I still got no clue about the first one) and yet another

addition to my 'want list':

158.jpg

With any lead on those two - please e-mail me at:

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks, Gal

f you would like to get a 5-star recreation for your sister you can check with John Sterling Lucas, who did some brilliant work for Archie Comics. He does beautiful work, and you could not hope to find a nicer guy.

You can write him on his Facebook page and he will definitely get back to you ASAP, usually within a couple hours.

I'd like to second that. The first comic I ever bought my daughters was an Archie with a cover by Dan DeCarlo and his son Jim. I decided to get it recreated, but the DeCarlo's had passed. What to do? Well, my girls also liked Katy Keene by John Sterling Lucas. So, I contacted John and we decided to expand the cover to be a wrap around cover. On the back/left, we added my daughter on a picnic with Katy and Sis. He really nailed it and was great to work with.

I think the particular cover above is an excellent chance for you to do something similar - work her into the artwork. I've done that twice - this piece plus one by Dan Parent where a different daughter is teaching Veronica to ride while Betty watches.

Here they are for your view pleasure. Click it for more detail.

John Sterling Lucas Recreation

Lucas,%20John%20S.%20-%20B&V%20DD%2014%20(Recreation)%20Colored.jpg

Dan Parent Riding Lessons

RKJ%20and%20B&V.jpg

f you would like to get a 5-star recreation for your sister you can check with John Sterling Lucas, who did some brilliant work for Archie Comics. He does beautiful work, and you could not hope to find a nicer guy.

I'd like to second that. The first comic I ever bought my daughters was an Archie with a cover by Dan DeCarlo and his son Jim. I decided to get it recreated, but the DeCarlo's had passed. What to do? Well, my girls also liked Katy Keene by John Sterling Lucas. So, I contacted John and we decided to expand the cover to be a wrap around cover. On the back/left, we added my daughter on a picnic with Katy and Sis. He really nailed it and was great to work with.

I think the particular cover above is an excellent chance for you to do something similar - work her into the artwork. I've done that twice - this piece plus one by Dan Parent where a different daughter is teaching Veronica to ride while Betty watches.

Here they are for your view pleasure. Click it for more detail.

John Sterling Lucas Recreation

Lucas,%20John%20S.%20-%20B&V%20DD%2014%20(Recreation)%20Colored.jpg

Dan Parent Riding Lessons

RKJ%20and%20B&V.jpg

That B&V is yours, Alex?! Gorgeous piece! That's too cool because John and I have talked about that one a few times and he told me the story about it. LOVE IT!! Nice to finally bump into the gent behind the piece. :hi:

That B&V is yours, Alex?! Gorgeous piece! That's too cool because John and I have talked about that one a few times and he told me the story about it. LOVE IT!! Nice to finally bump into the gent behind the piece. :hi:

Well, I paid for it and it was my idea, but my daughter owns it and has it hanging in her apartment. :)

John was really good to work with. He hadn't done any water color work in a long time and was quite concerned that he'd be able to pull it off. Clearly, he succeeded.

If you click on it, you'll be able to go to the CAF and look at the Additional Images. Those pictures show you how it changed from pencils to inks to colors. The most noticeable change was changing the direction of Katy's gaze from B&V to the the viewer. A nice touch. BTW, iPhoto recognized the Allie from the picnic scene as Allie.

It's been fun working the girls into the art.

I got out of collecting OA, but this is probably my favorite Modern Age cover. It's brilliant in it's simplicity and at the same time, there is a ton of symbolism. I know it's done by Jock and Splash Page Art is his rep, but I imagine it sold awhile back.

Anyone know who has it ?

DTC_Cv880_ds-copy.jpg

Details of this scan suggest that this is not the Original Art for this Micronauts/Baron Karza pinup, but a completely uncolored published version, most likely from a Marvel UK publication. It does suggest strongly what the piece might look like today, should it still exist.

miqG7.png

Edited by thethedew