• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

To be clear, my offer is - Captain Britain #1 (Higher grade) & Nick Fury #1 (Low grade but presents nicely)

Issue #2 I'm keeping hold of for now :)

I'll see if I can come with something else as another option tomorrow.

i will try to give this thread a bump here or there....like just now!!!

:bump: current offer..

His post said International should PM first, it is right there in your own post now as well! :makepoint:

Says nowt about first... And I have PM'd and KPR has kindly accepted :)

Now my offer be this...

Captain Britain #1 (Higher grade) & Nick Fury #1 (Low grade but presents nicely)

SDC18001_zpsypovvvio.jpg

SDC18004_zpsckeoovaq.jpg

SDC18000_zps3ywxavcf.jpg

I'll pay the post.

Cheers

sorry about that i will clear that up for you...so just the two issues are up for offer people!!

I know everyone thinks I'm this evil PIF hating tyrant with some sort of diabolical motivations but it's just not true. :(

I love the OP's original motivation for this thread and the actual theory behind it - paying a kind or generous offer forward instead of just "paying someone back" for something.

But that is not what this thread became or currently stands for so, yes: I am happy it was unstickied.

I thought the thread was completely gone for a second... :o

You cant kill this thread , you can only hope to contain it.

Agreed. :)

But Harvey, did you ask NamesJay if that was its intention, because I am not sure of it?

It is always a trade in the end, more or less generous your intentions are.

And the only ones "Paying it Forward" are the ones starting the threads (like you did with the Tree) or restarting them (like KPR recently did). :foryou:

Wasn't it at one time just a "offer something up out of kindness" thread and eventually evolved into a "if you take something, give something in return" thread?

That is my understanding. That NamesJay started this thread to just give something back to the community with no strings attached and encouraged others to join in. Once the donkeys found this thread - :takeit::whee::takeit: - and the original rules were edited (several times) that if you took something, you have to give something.

Am I mistaken? (shrug)

Wasn't it at one time just a "offer something up out of kindness" thread and eventually evolved into a "if you take something, give something in return" thread?

That is my understanding. That NamesJay started this thread to just give something back to the community with no strings attached and encouraged others to join in. Once the donkeys found this thread - :takeit::whee::takeit: - and the original rules were edited (several times) that if you took something, you have to give something.

Am I mistaken? (shrug)

I think you are mistaken. It was always take an item, then put an item up afterward.