• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Look at that, the man done takes requests! Do It To It TC!

You can't say the man's not tryin'!

My daughter asked me (again) today...when can we watch Netflix on tv? Soon I lied to her. Once I get that Roku I will be on the couch for quite a while watching the Daredevil series and it will be NO SOUP FOR YOU for the rest of the family!

I have the Amazon Fire Stick and it is really good. Check it out, if you haven't. (thumbs u

My daughter asked me (again) today...when can we watch Netflix on tv? Soon I lied to her. Once I get that Roku I will be on the couch for quite a while watching the Daredevil series and it will be NO SOUP FOR YOU for the rest of the family!

I have the Amazon Fire Stick and it is really good. Check it out, if you haven't. (thumbs u

Is Gatchaman really Gary Busey???

gary_busey_hello_lamp_960x320.jpg

Is Gatchaman really Gary Busey???

gary_busey_hello_lamp_960x320.jpg

Shhhhh!!!!! Don't tell anybody.

I don't think it has anything to do with the offers. I just don't think people want anything to do with this thread or supporting it. :sorry:

It is the same small group of people claiming things and throwing out offers. You guys could start a group PM thread and have the same results. :D

The offers have been really great.diverse.etc. again there is just a small pool of people who play.and no body wants to be on the hot seat.also i noticed how every one after 3 days of no interest takes it personally that there offers are still sitting there and gets offended .or feels like there stuff is bad. Once this thread introduced $$$$$ value into the equation people shyed away out of fear of being called a Junk Donkey or stalling the thread with useless junk and ir the feeling of stalling the thread or being a junk donkey.

But the only reason $$$$ was introduced was when donkeys (sorry, it's the truth) began poaching off of people's generosity.

That happened long before I even knew what the PIF thread was all about. It was actually that discussion that got me :popcorn: and I can say that I've definitely seen it.

The "hot seat" was sadly something that came from The Giving Tree thread as no one wanted a dreaded strike. :eyeroll:

But this has been discussed several times and people have admitted it - this thread has NOTHING to do with actually paying it forward and it is really just a trading thread. (shrug)

New stuff for the reversion...

I'll cover s/h in the US

Option 1 - pick one of these

The Completely MAD Don Martin slipcased HC (this one is large, in charge, and seriously heavy folks and will come to you via media mail)

CJlv4qgUMAAAk_U.jpg

CJlwwUYWsAQwaeK.jpgCJlwwVzWcAEAs04.jpg

Trans Am Champions- Signed and sketched Phil Noto sketchbook

CJlwnPUXAAA8Yod.jpgCJlwnOoWEAAz-JN.jpg

All 6 Alex Ross oversized DC softcovers

CJlvr8xXAAEw_Xt.jpg

The Chronicles of Narnia Conan volumes 1-4 collecting the Roy Thomas / BWS stories

CJlv4vuUcAABVib.jpg

Little Nemo in Slumberland collection V2 HC

CJlwnYMWgAE0i7V.jpgCJlwnVXW8AAzjX5.jpg

Option 2 TWO of these slabs. I can give the notes on some of them

CJLHcTxWgAAXWOr.jpg

CJLHY9sWoAAHBII.jpg

CJLHafjWUAAMeE4.jpg

CJl5VPGWsAAqweJ.jpg

CJl5VVKWwAAHSI8.jpg

CJl5UWLWoAAPq2L.jpg

The last three were submitted by me and should have been pressed, but I did not know any better at the time. The Legends 6 was from a boardie at a show who had it as a 9.6! I won't say who it was...but you know who you are! :baiting:

Option 3 TWO of these pieces of OA.

Ben Caldwell Wednesday Comics Wonder Woman panel art (8.5x11 or so)

CJLIlLzVAAAyJut.jpg

GI Joe Tim Seeley bluelines with Cory Gauthier inks

CJLIlfxUMAAshUL.jpg

Karl Moline X-Men Origins Emma Frost page

CJLIlNmVEAA32uB.jpg

Limited s/n Print signed by Kevin Eastman and Dave Sim

CJLcWdLUMAA42F0.jpg

these two go together and count as one -Rachel Ketchum Star Trek TNG pages

CJLcWg5VEAAyvYl.jpgCJLcWr3VAAEXYlG.jpg

17x5 fastball specials, top one is by Khoi Pham and the bottom by Andy MacDonald (who is working on a Teen Titans 64 page book right now!)

CGDv6IRUgAErhUN.jpg

Option 4 - some hot moderns

CHzc9BPUcAAgaqy.jpgCHzc9RjUsAA0wEm.jpgCHzc6VWUEAAPjjt.jpgCHv2prZUkAAXds5.jpgCHv2pqbUcAApJWJ.jpgCHZvFvYVEAAZ4rt.jpg

:bump:ing current offers

I don't think it has anything to do with the offers. I just don't think people want anything to do with this thread or supporting it. :sorry:

It is the same small group of people claiming things and throwing out offers. You guys could start a group PM thread and have the same results. :D

I liked the way this handsome fella said it better. :shy:

It's the same 10 people, plus the occasional wandering newb, trading to each other. Let it slide to page 53 where it belongs. 2c

:baiting: For someone who doesn't participate in this trading thread, with the handful of others who do, I see that you post here often enough... Maybe you should take a dip.

;):devil:

lol

:baiting: For someone who doesn't participate in this trading thread, with the handful of others who do, I see that you post here often enough... Maybe you should take a dip.

;):devil:

lol

Hes got you there! :D

Yes, it doesn’t make much sense to complain about something you deem irrelevant or you don’t care about, that’s why I criticized JAM_NYC initial post.

I see that "Pay it forward" in english is "an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying it to others instead of to the original benefactor". This does not mean it's not a trading thread, it simply means it has been started by someone who gifted something at the beginning (as it happened when KPR introduced a new offer), but it remains a trade.

The rest, it’s obvious, depends on having enough generosity to give something of interest, but that’s all.

We know the stalling has been caused by abuse, but in this case, while Bird offers are varied, interesting and some great, I have no personal interest in picking one. :shrug: It’s not a problem of "the same people", it’s also a question of coincidences as well as number of participants.

It is what it is. And its' all good. There is no use in reasoning with haters and trolls. I don't know those people, but they clearly come to this here thread only to hate and troll

I have 20 books at cgc quality control, they should ship Monday. I will mix it up early in the week if nothing happens between now and then. Maybe toss in some pop culture stuff, Houston Astros bobbleheads or Adrian Belew signed CDs. Some tpbs. Different art.