• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

There isn't a retroactive look-back period! lol

No worries. Whatever has happened in PIF has happened. Just spitballing ideas.

In the end, if no one takes this idea and runs with it, PIF will just drag on like it has for years. People will inevitably go back to :slapfight: . New donkeys will be annointed. More FDQ moments will occur and many lurkers will just sit back and :popcorn:

***********************************************************************************************************************

:rulez:

• Minimum posts to participate 500 or one year.
  • Person A: Offers something.
  • Person B: claims Person A's Offer. :takeit:
  • Person B Offer something in return. Anyone can still claim Person A's Offer until Person B's Offer is claimed.
  • Person C claims Person B's Offer. Only now does Person B get Person A's Offer.
  • :news: If Person A believes that Person C's claim of Person B's Offer is fishy, Person A can "VETO" and Person A's offer goes back up. :news:

***********************************************************************************************************************

Something along these lines.

hm

I might consider something like this. Let me think on it.

I would recommend a combination for 500 posts and one year.

This way we are more likely to guarantee that the people participating are established members. They have decided to fully become a part of the community and we all have a pretty good idea of who they are, their collecting interests, and their sincerity to participate.

Also, no Probs or HOS people...I still see some of them on here from time to time.

How is this verbiage?

Trade it Forward Thread

Welcome to the Trade it Forward thread where all board members which have been on the boards for 1 year and have at least 500 post can trade books with each other. There are a few simple rules to follow.

Rules to the thread:

1. Person A offers something.

2. Person B, C or D offers something in return. Three people at a time can post offers in attempt to claim Person A’s offer.

3. Person A can for whatever reason “veto” the offer(s) of person B, C or D and an additional person can fill in the place of the person who received the veto. If your receive a veto you will be required to sit out for 1 month.

4. Person E claims an offer from Person B, C or D and now has 12 hours to put up their own offer(s) or their claim is forfeited and it reverts back to Person B, C or D’s offers. The person who failed to post up a suitable offer in 12 hours will be banned from participating for 1 month.

5. Both Person A or the person who got claimed (lets assume Person C got picked) can veto person Es offer if they feel like they are playing the system. This is a trading thread so the offers should be a reasonable trade for the offer being taken. Person A & C should make every effort to PM person E and discuss the issue before issuing the Veto. If you receive a veto at this point you will be banned for 1 year.

6. If Person E does not receive a veto from Person A or C then the process repeats itself where 3 people can make offers to get Person E’s offer.

7. Person A will mail their offer based on who got an offer claimed (Person B - D). Every effort will be made to mail the offer within 4 days.

8. If none of the offers from Person B, C & D get accepted within 48 hours of Person A posting his offer - then an additional 3 people get the chance to make offers. That way every 2 days there is a chance for new offers to be posted up. An additional 48 hours will be granted the next three participants.

9. During the 2 days Person B, C & D can adjust their offer as many times as they see fit.

10. A discussion thread has been posted. Please keep all discussions to that thread and this thread to only offers.

This way we are more likely to guarantee that the people participating are established members. They have decided to fully become a part of the community and we all have a pretty good idea of who they are, their collecting interests, and their sincerity to participate.

Also, no Probs or HOS people...I still see some of them on here from time to time.

By that logic, I would not be able to participate. Not really fair or in the spirit.

I like the idea but I have a concern-people already get confused and the new system may prove unweildy.

By that logic, I would not be able to participate. Not really fair or in the spirit.

Of a trading thread? I'd agree the limits on a PIF thread seems against the spirit but limiting the people in a trading thread is productive.

That sounds pretty good, except for the being banned for one month if vetoed. The person may have been sincere with their offer, there is no reason to punish them. They can be banned from participating in that current offer, but if the next offer happens to be in their wheelhouse, then let them participate.

If that person is continually offering junk then they will just be ignored by the community and their offer will never be taken. Eventually they will learn the proper way of participating.

I think the focus should be on the length of time they have been on the boards. Getting posts can be easy as its been shown. Yet being a member for a year would greatly reduce the short cons.

What about 100 posts (since some are more observers yet do chime in on occasion) and on the boards for one year?

How is this verbiage?

Trade it Forward Thread

Welcome to the Trade it Forward thread where all board members which have been on the boards for 1 year and have at least 500 post can trade books with each other. There are a few simple rules to follow.

Rules to the thread:

1. Person A offers something.

2. Person B, C or D offers something in return. Three people at a time can post offers in attempt to claim Person A’s offer.

3. Person A can for whatever reason “veto” the offer(s) of person B, C or D and an additional person can fill in the place of the person who received the veto. If your receive a veto you will be required to sit out for 1 month.

4. Person E claims an offer from Person B, C or D and now has 12 hours to put up their own offer(s) or their claim is forfeited and it reverts back to Person B, C or D’s offers. The person who failed to post up a suitable offer in 12 hours will be banned from participating for 1 month.

5. Both Person A or the person who got claimed (lets assume Person C got picked) can veto person Es offer if they feel like they are playing the system. This is a trading thread so the offers should be a reasonable trade for the offer being taken. Person A & C should make every effort to PM person E and discuss the issue before issuing the Veto. If you receive a veto at this point you will be banned for 1 year.

6. If Person E does not receive a veto from Person A or C then the process repeats itself where 3 people can make offers to get Person E’s offer.

7. Person A will mail their offer based on who got an offer claimed (Person B - D). Every effort will be made to mail the offer within 4 days.

8. If none of the offers from Person B, C & D get accepted within 48 hours of Person A posting his offer - then an additional 3 people get the chance to make offers. That way every 2 days there is a chance for new offers to be posted up. An additional 48 hours will be granted the next three participants.

9. During the 2 days Person B, C & D can adjust their offer as many times as they see fit.

10. A discussion thread has been posted. Please keep all discussions to that thread and this thread to only offers.

Waaaaaayyy too long. I still don't understand what you wrote and it was my idea! :D

And there is no time period. There is no banning or penalty for a veto! This isn't PIF or TGT 2.0! :makepoint:

Of a trading thread? I'd agree the limits on a PIF thread seems against the spirit but limiting the people in a trading thread is productive.

Well I've conducted many buys/sells on these boards and that should trump any post count requirement. That is a better way to weed out the undesirables IMO.

• Person B Offer something in return. Anyone can still claim Person A's Offer until Person B's Offer is claimed.
  • Person C claims Person B's Offer. Only now does Person B get Person A's Offer.
  • :news: If Person A believes that Person C's claim of Person B's Offer is fishy, Person A can "VETO" and Person A's offer goes back up. :news:

hm

:baiting:

1Cool, let Shadow get to work on it.

That sounds pretty good, except for the being banned for one month if vetoed. The person may have been sincere with their offer, there is no reason to punish them. They can be banned from participating in that current offer, but if the next offer happens to be in their wheelhouse, then let them participate.

If that person is continually offering junk then they will just be ignored by the community and their offer will never be taken. Eventually they will learn the proper way of participating.

Is that so. lol

Well I've conducted many buys/sells on these boards and that should trump any post count requirement. That is a better way to weed out the undesirables IMO.

PM Branget. He will show,you how to get 200 more posts in no time

Less is more. :sumo:

I think the time/post count should be some combination. What exactly I don't know.

There are long term members that don't post much. However, on the flip side, there is also a chance, albeit slim, that a name that has a signed up awhile back could be a shill. :juggle:

If I had to choose one, I think length of time on the boards > post count, but the thread should be focused on including members more so than shaking out shills. 2c

Again, the least amount of rules leads to less confusion. Just make sure the person giving up something has veto power. That's it.

hm

:baiting:

1Cool, let Shadow get to work on it.

Like you said - just spit balling at this point. I will have to say defining rules in detail will eliminate issues in the future in my mind. Allowing more then 1 person the ability to veto is also key since one person never wants to be the bad guy. And having 10 people shouting out offers is a receipt for disaster in my mind.

Is that so. lol

Meeklo, I am not for sure if your suggestions for rules are for the better of the boards or your own best interests. lol