• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

They key participants of the PIF should start a private PM trading thread

New participants rarely work out

:bump:

There have been plenty of new participants that work out. Unfortunately a thread like this is like throwing gold on the floor in the middle of the crowd. It brings out the worst in people.

Soooooo Meeklo, about that Walking Dead # 1 you offered.....

There have been plenty of new participants that work out. Unfortunately a thread like this is like throwing gold on the floor in the middle of the crowd. It brings out the worst in people.

Value wise, that offer was good. That slab I wanted was about $60 in value if I remember correctly and I had matched that with that offer. That B&W Boba was going for $75 at that time, and the rest combined also added up to around that price. I'm also not sure why someone didn't wait for me to change it up before vetoing it.

My question is why do I always need to defend these? Everyone on here is capable of looking up value too.

Value wise, that offer was good. That slab I wanted was about $60 in value if I remember correctly and I had matched that with that offer. That B&W Boba was going for $75 at that time, and the rest combined also added up to around that price. I'm also not sure why someone didn't wait for me to change it up before vetoing it.

My question is why do I always need to defend these? Everyone on here is capable of looking up value too.

I guess maybe your offers were vetoed because they were just too freaking good. :eyeroll:

Seriously Meeklo, you don't know the difference between a Walking Dead # 1 first print and virtually any other reprint??

As far as the animation cell, you had it for sale in a thread for like $10. Hard to believe you thought it was real...

Seriously Meeklo, you don't know the difference between a Walking Dead # 1 first print and virtually any other reprint??

As far as the animation cell, you had it for sale in a thread for like $10. Hard to believe you thought it was real...

Of course I know it is a reprint...trying reading my comment in a sarcastic tone instead of "Meeklo is a tone". Even so, that reprint is still about $5 which was calculated in that offer.

Trust me...if that was a real WD #1 do you really think anyone would offer it in a PIF thread?

No one else offers a WD #1 or any other high value comic like that. I think the most valuable one is either a ASM #300 or that ASM #3 that was offered recently.

And I never thought that cel was real...animation cels are not the same size and shape as a comic book.

That trading thread is going to be about as popular as the PIF thread.

The donkeys don't like giving away stuff and sure aren't going to trade anything good for something they don't feel they are getting the better end of the deal.

The donkeys don't like giving away stuff and sure aren't going to trade anything good for something they don't feel they are getting the better end of the deal.

The biggest problem I see with the new trading thread 2.0 is that people won't check it. They will look at it once or twice to see if anyone has anything cool for trade and they won't check back and see if people have updated their posts with new stuff to trade.

That type of system needs to be implemented as a data driven website. Pif works because it self bumps the post with the newest current offer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it just won't work as is.

The biggest problem I see with the new trading thread 2.0 is that people won't check it. They will look at it once or twice to see if anyone has anything cool for trade and they won't check back and see if people have updated their posts with new stuff to trade.

That type of system needs to be implemented as a data driven website. Pif works because it self bumps the post with the newest current offer.

I was thinking about that earlier. You cannot bump the thread so the only way for it to thrive is to have a constant stream of people claiming a spot. Which is fine for the VCC for a short weekend but not for a long term thread. For this idea to work fully, it would need to have its own sub forum where each person has one thread and they can bump it when their offers change.

I thought the new one was gonna be the dueling offers. or is Shadow's 2.0 a different one all together?

one guy has an FF 5 and wants to trade for a SC 22 another dude has a SC 22 and wants to trade for an FF 5....

I was thinking about that earlier. You cannot bump the thread so the only way for it to thrive is to have a constant stream of people claiming a spot. Which is fine for the VCC for a short weekend but not for a long term thread. For this idea to work fully, it would need to have its own sub forum where each person has one thread and they can bump it when their offers change.

It's not that the thread getting bumped that is the issue per say. It's that each post could be updated individually so if it's 12 or 20 pages long someone has to look at every single post to try and figure out what's new. Instead of looking at the last few posts to see the newest offer.

And the lack of the thread providing its own self promotion is only one of the problems.

Problem #2 is that making a trade with another human being is very difficult. Someone is almost always getting a slightly (or more) shorter end of the deal. Play fantasy football and try to get a trade to happen that is fair and equitable for both participants. I've played for 7 years and I've never seen it happen.

That's not to say it can't happen in comics trading, I'm just saying structuring a trade both parties are happy with is difficult and that it's another issue.