• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I think so as well. That would mean they have no shame at all. A philosophy of, I will offer 40% less than what I took and if I get lucky some sucker will take it, hooking me up. If no one takes it, who cares, let it revert in 4 days and I will try to sucker someone next time.

Yeah, because there is a big rush to collect vol 2 of random book A and volume 9 of random book B. There is nothing like starting a new series you have never read like starting it on Vol. 9!!

Yeah, were going to run out of popcorn. They show up quickly if there is talk of rule changes suggesting things are fine or the discussion is ruining things. Not as vocal with direct questions.

Me just getting back into collecting since the Image Bubble of the 90's, I'd say post count is pretty irrelevant as posts can be made to jump up REAL quick as was just demonstrated. I lurk, I watch, I laugh, and I think what the *spoon* is that insufficiently_thoughtful_person posting again/that for.

Post counts nor time limits will keep the Donkeys or Shills out. They can both be circumvented as previously stated. The best thing I've seen in this thread is what we all come back here for....the drama. The drama polices this thread. People get called out, offers stall the thread, and vetoes can/do/will occur. Shills get recognized from their stupidity of posting from the same hosting sites, and the original offer goes back up.

Me being newer, I've not claimed anything because of the hot seat. My reputation goes beyond the keyboard, and I know I may not have what everyone is looking for, and one bad transaction can last a lifetime. I'd rather avoid the Meeklo Effect. I'll eventually try when the time is right, if ever...

Community Policing is the only sure fire way to moderate. Reputations are made, offers can be vetoed, and the stones thrown to keep the Donkeys and Derk from being successful...

I know that I am constantly referenced as a donkey here, and I do understand why I was called that to begin with. I do not feel like I am a Junk Donkey anymore though. My last 4-5 offers have been fantastic, fair, and usually taken pretty fast. That would not be the definition of a Junk Donkey as I know it.

Who else has offered drek here recently without remorse or a complete and utter loss of common sense when it comes to this thread?

I know that I am constantly referenced as a donkey here, and I do understand why I was called that to begin with. I do not feel like I am a Junk Donkey anymore though. My last 4-5 offers have been fantastic, fair, and usually taken pretty fast. That would not be the definition of a Junk Donkey as I know it.

Who else has offered drek here recently without remorse or a complete and utter loss of common sense when it comes to this thread?

Ok, I will play along. Before you were enlightened by self discovery, what was your thought process when stalling the thread or offering a small percentage of what you took? Did you care? Was it strategic? Please do not say you did not know any better. The first couple times can be hard but by attempt 12 you should have a general idea.

Offer 1: X-Men #129 and #130, 1st appearances of Kitty Pryde, White Queen, and Dazzler.

mWxa2uz.jpg

VZZsmGM.jpg

im7V5yx.jpg

oQQhDHr.jpg

Offer 2: Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134 and #135, 1st and 2nd appearances of Darkseid.No image of #135 because I seemed to have misplaced it. But it will be included.

Satux8h.jpg

x2bheCE.jpg

Ok, I will play along. Before you were enlightened by self discovery, what was your thought process when stalling the thread or offering a small percentage of what you took? Did you care? Was it strategic? Please do not say you did not know any better. The first couple times can be hard but by attempt 12 you should have a general idea.

I would say I had about 3-4 donkey offers or "WTF shenanigans". And I did care, just like I do now. I have said over and over again that I'm not trying to manipulate this system. If people still do not believe me by now, then whatever. They can go on not believing me, there is nothing else I can say to change their mind. My actions have spoken louder than me saying I'm not manipulating. So yes, everyone is free to continue thinking I'm a donkey...

If an offer I want comes up and I feel like I have a good offer in return, I'll claim it, just like anyone else here does. If that is what a junk donkey does then this thread is full of them!

btw, when did you get this sudden enlightenment?

You were just vetoed not too long ago! :D

LINK

TWD #1 - 9.6+ "This may be a reprint, but what do I know."

Or how about when you tried to pass off a 90's throwaway as an "animation cell"?

You must be right though, I am sure it is just a misunderstanding. ???