• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I think the 500 post requirement entices people to just post for the sake of posting, rather than waiting and making comments that are relevant.

We all know people who talk to hear themselves talk. I am rather certain there are people who post the same way. Is that the requirement we really want?

Also, it seems that if I want 500 posts, I could just sit on a single thread and just keep posting one word comments until I get to 500. That is not much deterrent.

These are just my opinions and take them for what they are worth. I have never claimed anything on PIF. I sometimes see things I like, but often think someone else might want it more and so I let it pass. So maybe I shouldn't even be commenting.

I like reading this thread because of the idea of "paying it forward". It makes me feel good to think collectors want to give to other collectors.

All the recent fighting and bickering has really changed the mood and that is unfortunate.

But if someone does post 500 one word comments, we will know. We all see everyone's posts. If someone is abusing the post numbering, they will be called out on it. Also, like Swick said, if they delete their posts, we will see that too and can call them out on that as well.

I like the 500 post requirement because it help the person become a member of the boards. They will not be a person who casually reads and says nothing. This would be a person who contributes to the board. We get to know them just like they got to know us.

The 500 is an arbitrary number though...we could make it 300 posts and one year of membership. Or like Swick said, reduce them for successful transactions.

posts are irrelevant. do 500 posts of only emojis count?

:makepoint:

:sumo:

:P

ALL qualifications are only to guard against greed. The only way to judge this is by judging the offerings.

One day I'm gonna PIF up an AF15 9.0 then sit back and watch the fireworks.

well, I am going to create a shill today so I can work the system smoothly then!

If a n00b named AF15FROMKAVISAWESOME shows up, treat him kindly.

I think the 500 post requirement entices people to just post for the sake of posting, rather than waiting and making comments that are relevant.

We all know people who talk to hear themselves talk. I am rather certain there are people who post the same way. Is that the requirement we really want?

Also, it seems that if I want 500 posts, I could just sit on a single thread and just keep posting one word comments until I get to 500. That is not much deterrent.

These are just my opinions and take them for what they are worth. I have never claimed anything on PIF. I sometimes see things I like, but often think someone else might want it more and so I let it pass. So maybe I shouldn't even be commenting.

I like reading this thread because of the idea of "paying it forward". It makes me feel good to think collectors want to give to other collectors.

All the recent fighting and bickering has really changed the mood and that is unfortunate.

But if someone does post 500 one word comments, we will know. We all see everyone's posts. If someone is abusing the post numbering, they will be called out on it. Also, like Swick said, if they delete their posts, we will see that too and can call them out on that as well.

I like the 500 post requirement because it help the person become a member of the boards. They will not be a person who casually reads and says nothing. This would be a person who contributes to the board. We get to know them just like they got to know us.

The 500 is an arbitrary number though...we could make it 300 posts and one year of membership. Or like Swick said, reduce them for successful transactions.

So someone who reads these boards but doesn't post every inane thought or opinion that pops up in their head isn't a member of the boards? Post count is indicative of nothing. Is someone who prefers to keep their purchases and conversations confined mostly to PM's not a contributing member? How about a lurker that that contributes to charity threads?

Let's be honest, some of the worst offenders I've seen in this thread would pass any reasonable post count/join up date prerequisite. Why go out of your way to exclude fresh meat? Besides, there's other rules that I think we should focus on, like penalizing those who bump the thread excessively. If the person that put the current offer up can't be bothered to switch it up or bump it, idk why a select few feel it's their duty to keep this now un-stickied thread on the first page. Let it fall to the depths from whence it came.

posts are irrelevant. do 500 posts of only emojis count?

:makepoint:

:P

ALL qualifications are only to guard against greed. The only way to judge this is by judging the offerings.

That is what I just answered, if you were to post 500 emojis, anyone can click your name and see your posts. If all your posts are emojis and then, all of a sudden, you start participating in this thread, then someone (more than likely Swick) would come out saying you are not worthy (or however he says it) because you posted a bunch of BS emojis. Therefore it wouldn't count.

You have to have 500 (or whatever number) posts of actual substance. And that is not subjective, you can tell when someone is participating in conversation or just adding fluff.

So someone who reads these boards but doesn't post every inane thought or opinion that pops up in their head isn't a member of the boards? Post count is indicative of nothing. Is someone who prefers to keep their purchases and conversations confined mostly to PM's not a contributing member? How about a lurker that that contributes to charity threads?

Let's be honest, some of the worst offenders I've seen in this thread would pass any reasonable post count/join up date prerequisite. Why go out of your way to exclude fresh meat? Besides, there's other rules that I think we should focus on, like penalizing those who bump the thread excessively. If the person that put the current offer up can't be bothered to switch it up or bump it, idk why a select few feel it's their duty to keep this now un-stickied thread on the first page. Let it fall to the depths from whence it came.

hm

You'd be surprised at the few number of times I have needed to bump it to keep it on the first page.But yes, I feel it is a good community service to keep it on the front page. :baiting:

I am just busting chops, I have altered my thoughts on the matter although I haven't stated them publicly.

I could sit back and veto every offer....IH 181-nah try again etc

From what I hear AF15FROMKAVISAWESOME knows some pro artists, want some private time with one of your favorites?

All of the regulars (participants and observers) know pretty much who the long term donkeys are. Heck, they even know themselves.

My open question for any of you, is why do you keep coming back to these types of threads time and time again, after stalling them or causing controversy? Do you feel any shame (or similar word) when you stall it with obvious bad offers or do you just hope someone takes it and if not, oh well?