• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dickwad Seller of the Day

499 posts in this topic

Wasn't this auction discussed at great length before you ended up bidding,withg an almost universal feeling that this was going to be a losing proposition for most,if not all who participated. You took a chance on a lottery and didn't win.

I really don't understand the sheer hatred you've been showing over this. You took a shot at an auction that looked screwed up to begin with and it didn't work out.

I've bought some supplies from them before and have never had a problem with the transactions.I saw the lottery auction you bid on,but decieded not to take a chance,as did many other forumites.The way the thing was described was so screwed up,it looked like it would suck and evidently it did.

Bottom line is you took a chance and it didn't work out.

Somehow you think this gives you a right to throw out all sorts of insults about people you've never met and don't know.

Were you or were you not offered a refund? confused-smiley-013.gif

Wasn't this auction discussed at great length before you ended up bidding,withg an almost universal feeling that this was going to be a losing proposition for most,if not all who participated. You took a chance on a lottery and didn't win.

I really don't understand the sheer hatred you've been showing over this. You took a shot at an auction that looked screwed up to begin with and it didn't work out.

I've bought some supplies from them before and have never had a problem with the transactions.I saw the lottery auction you bid on,but decieded not to take a chance,as did many other forumites.The way the thing was described was so screwed up,it looked like it would suck and evidently it did.

Somehow you think this gives you a right to throw out all sorts of insults about people you've never met and don't know.

Yes the auction was pretty desciptive, and it seemed pretty cut and dry what each lot contained. The problem here is that each lot did not contain what was advertised.

Now whether I won a HG CGC/RAW book to me was not the point, this isnt about me, the point here is that NO ONE received anything.

You had good dealings with them, Darth had good dealing with them, hey thats all good, my point was that the auction was nothing but a fraud /scam from that get go.

Why did I bid, he was a Power Seller with what seemed like a fun auction, at the time I didnt know any better, but definately have had a wake up call when I joined these boards.

Was I offered a refund, UH NO, I was told to get over it, I was offered books to forget the whole incident, which I refused.

Believe me its not my style, or the way I behave towards anyone civil, I usually keep my mouth shut. And I figured that these sellers have friends or people that they have dealt with on the boards, and they would defend them, and I would look like a foul mouthed jerk, I was willing to risk it.

Now if I did something to you personally, please let me know what it is.

Not at all.It just surprises me the language you and others have been using. I went back and looked at many of your posts and this is quite out of character for you. Its almost as if Mavelous or Bug have hijacked your account.I can almost understand getting upset yesterday but to be continuing this 24 hours later is beneath you,imho.

I know the language that I used was out of control. I can honestly say that for a moment I totally lost it. What I went through with them is my problem and my issue and should have left it at that, but the Greek temper won and I just could not hold it in anymore.

On a more upbeat note, I am off to my LCS, got a phone call on HG Raw Spideys, FFs and Defenders he just picked up.

Peace

Nikos.. I know the Ebay link to your original auction is outdated, and to old for us to see it..

But did you happen to save the Ebay listing, Auction page/ description they sold these lots with?

And I too hate sellers that try and lure buyers when they offer.. "and at random.. I will add in a few HG CGC comics to a few lucky winners"

I remember 6 months back or so I ran accross an auction where a seller was selling similar lots of 100 comics in each lot.. mostly Moderns.. but every lots will have a few silverage.. etc..He had 1000 lots available, for $50 each.

And here is the kicker..

He said he would randomly pick out from a stack of CGC comics that he wraped in brown paper so he did not know what comic was what.... and a few lucky bidders would recieve a CGc comic with their 100 comics at random.

And among these CGC comics wraped in brown paper was a CGC Giant Size X-Men #1 8.5

And a X-Men #94 CGC 8.0 among many others..

Well I wrote the guy.. told him to stop lying.. and I knew darn well he did not have his Xmen CGc comics wraped in brown paper, and would not give them away to anyone, nor would he pick randomly out of the stack of wraped comics to add as a bonus to those who bought his lots.

Of course he denined everything..

So I wrote as many bidders as I could about my fears that the seller was not truthful.

He still sold like 75 lots..

893frustrated.gif

Ebayers looking for a deal.. think what they read is the truth since it is in print..

Sadly they will have to learn the hard way.

Has anyone here ever one a random bulk lot like this where the seller really did include what he promised? confused-smiley-013.gif

I personally know I did when I sold off my lots of moderns.. but mine were lumped in groups of Batman.. DC.. Marvel.. etc...and the bidders had a detailed list of what was included.

One guy spent $125 on 350 moderns I had for sale.. and then he spent $75 on shipping to New Zealand.

27_laughing.gif

Go figure.

Nikos, your description of that auction is so far from the truth.

I will illustrate what the auction really was, and how it was laid out.

It was an 8000 comic collection which contained around

500-600 Bronze and Silver books

For each bid, starting at $1.99 each bidder would receive 5 modern books and 1 silver/bronze book. You had to buy at least 10 and for every 10 you would get an additional pull to get a chance at the high grade silvers/bronze keys.

Each silver/bronze book was seperated and 20 of them had a # on the back which corresponded with another High Grade Silver/Bronze key book.

The keys were books such as

Daredevil 1 CGC 7

Hulk 181 CGC 8

X-Men 94, GS1, ASM 121,122,129

Atomic Bomb 1

Blue Beetle 52 and many many more.

In fact, I lost a crapload of good books because of that stupid auction. I lost an Action comics 252, and a Adventure Comics #247 All the Spidermans, the Atomic bomb, and a buttload of good Silver bronze.

When the dust cleared from the auction, I had sold some $4500 worth of comics, and just the silver/bronze loss made me realize it was a stupid auction anyways. Hence the reason I don't do them anymore.

Nikos was unhappy. The first thing I did was offer him a refund. But, he said he "burned" them. I told him that I couldn't do anything if he wouldn't return the books. What would the other sellers do?????

The other guy who was dissapointed claimed to have misread the auction, and he returned his $60 worth of comics. I didn't have a single problem with it.

The thing with these is that everyone expects to win. Nobody really reads the auction and realizes that the bronze or silver books they might get won't be to their liking.

Even today he complains about the moderns and then says he did get a few bronzes. He got what he was supposed to.

Learning from that lottery auction makes me know that its a bad thing to have because you can't please everyone.

Nikos was a bad egg in that run, and I am sure I am not the only seller with a still bleeding thorn in our sides.

Roberts357

Not only do lottery auctions suck,they are against e-Bays rules.yourauction was quite confusing and did seem to promise wy more than you could possiby deliver. Evidently it was a bad experiance all around for all involved.

I couldn't let this thread pass by without posting...

Brings back fond memories of 2002 on the boards... cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

frown.gif

Roberts.. were your CGC comics wraped in brown paper.. and selcted randomly for certain lucky auction winners?

My post above.. I admit was a bit of an embellishment.. since I did not remember the specific details of the auction I ran accross

.. I only brought it up to make a point about sellers selling lots like this.

But your post above, and description of the auction seems eerily familiar.

I will now go dig around my sent emails and see if I have ever written you before.

Will be fun to see if I did.

More to come...

brb.

Z

I couldn't let this thread pass by without posting...

Brings back fond memories of 2002 on the boards... cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I had thought the same thing. If the Meth/ComicInvestor/Ablue/Bugaboo days represent the Golden Age of the forums, then could this be the emerging Silver Age?

Here is whats even more twilight zone.

The guy who started all this junk, the JC guy, with an Ebay name of

comic_canuck

His snipes never would of took. Hahahahah Was blocked from my auctions anyways. I don't recall why his name was on there, probably was complaining about the way we used to not ship to Canada.

What a great addition to the compendium.

Dope... look at me, I am JC foreheadslap.gif

Now if you would just stop posting and shipping comics on Ebay period. makepoint.gif

quote]

Yes the auction was pretty desciptive, and it seemed pretty cut and dry what each lot contained. The problem here is that each lot did not contain what was advertised.

Now whether I won a HG CGC/RAW book to me was not the point, this isnt about me, the point here is that NO ONE received anything.

You had good dealings with them, Darth had good dealing with them, hey thats all good, my point was that the auction was nothing but a fraud /scam from that get go.

Why did I bid, he was a Power Seller with what seemed like a fun auction, at the time I didnt know any better, but definately have had a wake up call when I joined these boards.

Was I offered a refund, UH NO, I was told to get over it, I was offered books to forget the whole incident, which I refused.

Believe me its not my style, or the way I behave towards anyone civil, I usually keep my mouth shut. And I figured that these sellers have friends or people that they have dealt with on the boards, and they would defend them, and I would look like a foul mouthed jerk, I was willing to risk it.

Now if I did something to you personally, please let me know what it is.

No Nikos you were offered a full refund with shipping. Your story really seems to change everyday. You told us that you "Burned the comics" and that if you didnt burn them you would "wipe your with them".

All you wanted to do was sabotage our name because we would not send you a Hulk 181 or another key book. You could not get over the fact that you did not get what you wanted. You were offered a full refund for $49.75 plus shipping. You were the one trying to bribe us saying if we did not send you a key book you were going to e-mail people so we let you. All you wanted to do there was stir up a problem as we seen from the e-mails sent to us from other members that won that auction. I could care less who would like to believe you or your nasty mouth. Remeber I don't know any of the people here, I have never posted here. I am sure you have your friends here to back you up. Thats fine. I came on to defend myself and the conversation we had. Not what went on between you and Roberts.

You are not a civil person so dont sit here playing it off like you are. All I kept hearing was you saying your brooklyn gang is going to show up on my lawn and shoot me, or how you will come into my house in the middle of the night and shoot me. My response was the minute you step in my house you will be shot. Yeah thats right it is my home!!!! You do not belong in it and if you have weapons you are going down. Makes sense. Now you say you never said you lived in Brooklyn sure I love it how you make that one up. Remember you said Brooklyn is not far from detroit and you would be here in a couple of hours... I wish all of the people here could hear how nice I was on the phone with you until you started in with the threats on my life. If anyone here would expect me to be nice when someone is threatning my life then thats their opinion. So from the conversation we had and the threats on my life I take it you would kill someone for $50?

This is well over a year ago, probably almost 2 years now. Get Over it, get a life. It just shows what kind of person you are ranting over something that happended so long ago. Espically when you were not going to be pleased regardless of what was done. Like I had told someone we could give you a million dollars and you would not be happy. Not that I would ever give you anything. It just shows how impossible you were to deal with.You made it impossible for any resolution. You denied the refund and you are still pissed. You denied everything that was offered to you. Sorry that is your probelm then, you want to be impossible about it then I can't do anything.. Its not your greek temper although nice excuse. Wait let me use that one. It is the italian in me that is why I am such a [!@#%^&^]. Hmm hope that works for me.

I am sick of entertaining your stories that have no point or no end to them. Your insults are cheap and weak and a waste of time.