• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dickwad Seller of the Day

499 posts in this topic

Personally I couldn't care less what his tramp wife looks like.....

Jim

ouch again - when did cool heads start namecalling??? admittedly a little fuel is necessary to start the fire, but this one is still glowing nicely - can't we just detour a wee bit and see what the object of our affection looks like?? devil.gif

ouch again - when did cool heads start namecalling???

This whole thread just leaves a bad taste....it seems like we are giving this boob free publicity and giving him a pass (or at least encouraging him) just because his illiterate wife had the gonads to defend him.....

Just the way I see it....

Jim

in case you're wondering, d'oh is actually never written in the -script. is shows up as "annoyed grunt."

I think this is an urban myth, or maybe it was this way in the very beginning...

But I have several original Fox scripts I obtained directly from the studio and it is spelled "Duh' Oh" The one -script I can remember the title of is "A Fish Named Selma" which was probably 6 or 7 years ago.

if it's an urban myth, then matt groening is perpetuating it. he talks about it on the season 3 dvd's. maybe they changed it later on...

in case you're wondering, d'oh is actually never written in the -script. is shows up as "annoyed grunt."

I think this is an urban myth, or maybe it was this way in the very beginning...

But I have several original Fox scripts I obtained directly from the studio and it is spelled "Duh' Oh" The one -script I can remember the title of is "A Fish Named Selma" which was probably 6 or 7 years ago.

if it's an urban myth, then matt groening is perpetuating it. he talks about it on the season 3 dvd's. maybe they changed it later on...

===========================================================

I think I found the anwser..

The origins of D'oh! Matt Groening initially conceived it as an "annoyed grunt," and it is still written that way in most Simpsons TV scripts. In fact many titles that feature the word D'oh are referred to as annoyed grunt, for example, E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt).

D'oh!" originates from the Laurel and Hardy films. Dan Castellaneta (the voice of Homer) was inspired by Jim Finlayson, who said "doooooh" (long and slow) whenever something angered him. However, Matt decided that to suit the speed of animation, it would be better said faster. And so, D'oh! was born.

Z

That was in reference to Wad's wife, btw.

and since no one else wants to lower themselves and press the issue; let me be the goat - Roberts357, let's see her!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

Harry, I love that I can always count on you to be the dirty old man! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ouch again - when did cool heads start namecalling???

This whole thread just leaves a bad taste....it seems like we are giving this boob free publicity and giving him a pass (or at least encouraging him) just because his illiterate wife had the gonads to defend him.....

Just the way I see it....

Jim

i'm not disagreeing with you and will always understand that there are many opinions on the same issue which don't necessarily agree with my own.

you seem to agree with JC that just because the seller now claims to have had the books at one point - scanned them in his usual location - gave them back to the seller - spent fathers day with his dad - and minutes after the first auction went for a mere $16.50, pulled all the others in a matter of minutes - and also told JC that the reason was he actually had an inhouse buyer - but then said they were going up for auction again because the seller had brought them back in - and got lots of free publicity for his "store" - that we should be somewhat skeptical????

even i have been swept over to the dark side by all the circumstantial evidence.

i just don't think calling his wife a tramp is going to help in alleviating our (at least some of us) curiosity as to what she looks like devil.gif

whoa - just got a PM from our boy with the picture we've all been waiting for;

1089425227368_397562_Image007_20_282_29.jpg

WTF?????? grin.gif

That was in reference to Wad's wife, btw.

So the board consensus is she actually exists in anything other than as a forum shill for Mr. Wad? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

nikos, what's the scoop on the previous transaction between you and the seller that created this animosity?

Okay if memory serves me correctly this is what went down, its a lot so be patient.

About 1 year ago these PowerSellers had a huge Lot Auction. They stated each lot consited of X amount of Silver/Bronze and a Few Moderns. As a bonus random HG CGC and Raw books (Silver/Bronze) would be awarded at random, pending on the luck of the draw. So the more lots you bought the better your chances.

Well being the gulable fool that I was, I bid on 25 Lots. There must have been over 100 buyers, some bought more lots than me, it seemed like a fun honest auction, with a chance to pick up some great HG CGC/Raw books.

Now a month later the books arrive. The Lot consisting of Silver/Bronze and some Moderns, contained nothing but Moderns after 1995, the same books you can get at any LCS (you know 5/10 for a $1.00. In fairness I did receive a couple of Bronze books, that I would use for toilet paper incase I ran out at my shop.

So I emailed them and asked why every lot that I won contained nothing but Moderns. Their reply was some people were happy and some were not, I happened to be one of the unlucky ones.

There was no way I was going to justify this explanation, I had a bad feeling in my gut, and 1 day later I receive an email from another winner asking If I won any of those so-claimed Prize Books.

I then decided to email the seller again, and told him what another buyer asked me, he said you can not discuss this auction with other buyers its against Ebays policies. WTF are you talking about I emailed back. That when I was so P i ss ed I decided to email every single person that participated in that auction and said that to Clive, he said no dont, I will make it up to you.

Then I thought, screw that, I am no sell out, I have a bad feeling about this whole auction, something was wrong.

I emailed 76 people, I was to Jesus that I saved all their replys, not 1 person received anything close to from that auction. Some left Negatives and of course Chiken Little and Mrs Piggy kindly Negged them right back. Others said that they would chaulk it up as a learning experience on Ebay, others didnt want problems with a Power Seller.

Bottom line, this auction was to get rid of tons of Modern garbage with no intention of mixing up winning lots with Silver/Bronze books, or those so claimed HG CGC/RAW books.

And when I refused to take a bribe to keep silent, that when all Hell broke loose. It wasnt with Clive boy, he never had the B A L L S, it was that Trailer Park Trash thing that he calls a wife. She started name calling, that she is an FBI agent and she is going to shoot me and all this other BS.

Again bottom line with me, is that these inbred people are nothing but lowlife Trailer Park Trash, abusing Ebay and honest buyers. When I saw his name on the post from JC, I knew in my gut this was them. Just like I knew that once I used that Trailer Park Trash to describe Mrs. Ellegant, that she would not or could not stay silent.

Oh yeah to all those wondering, the phone call with them was hilarious, Mrs Piggy was in rare form, what she posted here is MILD.

Nik

nikos, what's the scoop on the previous transaction between you and the seller that created this animosity?

Okay if memory serves me correctly this is what went down, its a lot so be patient.

About 1 year ago these PowerSellers had a huge Lot Auction. They stated each lot consited of X amount of Silver/Bronze and a Few Moderns. As a bonus random HG CGC and Raw books (Silver/Bronze) would be awarded at random, pending on the luck of the draw. So the more lots you bought the better your chances.

Well being the gulable fool that I was, I bid on 25 Lots. There must have been over 100 buyers, some bought more lots than me, it seemed like a fun honest auction, with a chance to pick up some great HG CGC/Raw books.

Now a month later the books arrive. The Lot consisting of Silver/Bronze and some Moderns, contained nothing but Moderns after 1995, the same books you can get at any LCS (you know 5/10 for a $1.00. In fairness I did receive a couple of Bronze books, that I would use for toilet paper incase I ran out at my shop.

So I emailed them and asked why every lot that I won contained nothing but Moderns. Their reply was some people were happy and some were not, I happened to be one of the unlucky ones.

There was no way I was going to justify this explanation, I had a bad feeling in my gut, and 1 day later I receive an email from another winner asking If I won any of those so-claimed Prize Books.

I then decided to email the seller again, and told him what another buyer asked me, he said you can not discuss this auction with other buyers its against Ebays policies. WTF are you talking about I emailed back. That when I was so P i ss ed I decided to email every single person that participated in that auction and said that to Clive, he said no dont, I will make it up to you.

Then I thought, screw that, I am no sell out, I have a bad feeling about this whole auction, something was wrong.

I emailed 76 people, I was to Jesus that I saved all their replys, not 1 person received anything close to from that auction. Some left Negatives and of course Chiken Little and Mrs Piggy kindly Negged them right back. Others said that they would chaulk it up as a learning experience on Ebay, others didnt want problems with a Power Seller.

Bottom line, this auction was to get rid of tons of Modern garbage with no intention of mixing up winning lots with Silver/Bronze books, or those so claimed HG CGC/RAW books.

And when I refused to take a bribe to keep silent, that when all Hell broke loose. It wasnt with Clive boy, he never had the B A L L S, it was that Trailer Park Trash thing that he calls a wife. She started name calling, that she is an FBI agent and she is going to shoot me and all this other BS.

Again bottom line with me, is that these inbred people are nothing but lowlife Trailer Park Trash, abusing Ebay and honest buyers. When I saw his name on the post from JC, I knew in my gut this was them. Just like I knew that once I used that Trailer Park Trash to describe Mrs. Ellegant, that she would not or could not stay silent.

Oh yeah to all those wondering, the phone call with them was hilarious, Mrs Piggy was in rare form, what she posted here is MILD.

Nik

but she is kinda HOT, dontcha think??? devil.gif