• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dickwad Seller of the Day

499 posts in this topic

As entertaining as some of you might think this has all been, this is sincerely some disturbing [!@#%^&^] to read. I didn't want derail the intentions of JC by joining in on the flaming earlier, but did so purely as a way to add to the intentions of the original post.

Here is a thread that COI started some time ago -- in it is a post of mine which includes a link to the FTC web site. Much like the original intention of this post, the FTC's consumers form is very helpful to prevent sellers from continuing with their ruse of fraud and wrongdoing, and where you can report dubious activity the likes of which Nikos was embroiled in.

Arch, is there anyway you can create a post with the FTC's link a sticky one in the General Comics section? The way I look at it is if Nikos and even a handful of other people took the time to fill out the FTC's online form, we would never see the likes of this insufficiently_thoughtful_person on eBay, or in our hobby for that matter, ever again!

27_laughing.gif

This most definitely is the most entertaining thread of the year!!! I think just about every one of the seven deadly sins is well represented by one person or another...VERY entertaining!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Very interesting observation about the seven deadly sins in this thread....

Who represented gluttony? Deathlok, with his demand for more AT#25s.

Who represented lust? Beyonder and Cave Carson, with their requests for pics of BellaDonna.

Who represented sloth? All of you lazy lurkers who did not enter the fray.

Who represented wrath? Seldom have we seen wrath such as that displayed by Nikos and BellaDonna, who shook the heavens with their fury.

Who represented Avarice? The Dickwad Seller of the Day, by pulling down his auctions because he wasn't getting enough money!

Who represented envy? Many of us were jealous of Redhook's abilities with Photoshop and wicked sense of humor.

Who represented pride/vanity? I'll give you a hint, you weak-minded simpletons! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nicely put together, particularly for one so weak-minded!!

My thought would be that CGC wouldn't want to be embroiled directly in something quite as directly political as that. I don't think consumer activism (and not that there's anything wrong with it) is part of their mission statement.

There might also be the issue of liability, and a countersuit if the boards were interpreted as being the launching pad for attacks (rightly or wrongly) on particular sellers or vendors. CGC could be construed as promoting that, and all it would take is one or two nuisance countersuits to REALLY put their grading schedule behind....for good!

I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyers in the audience could point this out in more legalistic terms.

It's about liability.

hi.gif (been a good read so far...saw no reason to interrupt it! thumbsup2.gif)

I guess I am just calm by design. Always the way I was.

Sure, I guess someone can be aggressive at first, but thats not me.

Thats why I posted what I did first off just to set it straight.

Besides, my hair is already thinning, I have tried to be very very calm about everything to just hold onto those strands for a little longer.

Roberts357

hi.gif G'night all......(damn Eastern Time Zone).

I heard that...but I blame it on work...if I didnt have to, time wouldnt be an issue! thumbsup2.gif

You know what his problem is. Ill tell you. Its because I am young and I went somewhere in life and I am not sitting there is some run down garage with my crack hanging out fixing cars. Sorry Nikos you got to go to college and get accepted to have one of my jobs. This is not no certificate job.

Am only ate pgs in this thred and this post. has me lafing so hard i can not breath from the lafing. and still ate pgs to go. thanks you for making my day sweetie. flowerred.gif

You know what his problem is. Ill tell you. Its because I am young and I went somewhere in life and I am not sitting there is some run down garage with my crack hanging out fixing cars. Sorry Nikos you got to go to college and get accepted to have one of my jobs. This is not no certificate job.

Am only ate pgs in this thred and this post. has me lafing so hard i can not breath from the lafing. and still ate pgs to go. thanks you for making my day sweetie. flowerred.gif

Keep that one in your mind when you get to read the one where Bella criticizes Nikos for his simple misspelling of Brooklyn! lol!

Hey, I had to work all day, so I'm just now getting to this thread. I haven't laughed so hard in weeks! I hope SOMEONE is saving this thread cause I'm sure it'll be gone before too long.

I hope SOMEONE is saving this thread cause I'm sure it'll be gone before too long.

============================================================

Where have you been?

It is already at your LCS..... in TPB.

With 7 Variant covers

I hope SOMEONE is saving this thread cause I'm sure it'll be gone before too long.

Where have you been?

With 7 Variant covers

I have the Jc on the cross cover and the Trailer Trash edition. cloud9.gif

smily961.gif

smily961.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where have you been?

With 7 Variant covers

I have the Jc on the cross cover and the Trailer Trash edition. cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif.. Oh.. well we will have to add up all the variant cover versions then.

Because I meant I have only seen the 7 deadly sins variants..

How many have you seen total Deathlok?... 9?

Yes it is the funniest.

Therefore, I will be selling on eBay a compilation of this event in book form.

Book will be polybagged with autographed cards by such stars as

Nikos the Brooklen Bomber,

Bella the Flame Throwing Vixen.

And last but not least

Clive the eBay Snipe Bungler Dickwad Seller of the YEAR!!!!

Be sure to place your bids early, you never know when an auction will be canceled.

27_laughing.gif