• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

bottom line, I made thousands of dollars selling comics I bought for 12 and 15 cents,,,Slab THAT.......have a nice life.

Thousands of dollars!?!?! :whatthe:

ONE-THOUSAND-DOLLARS.jpg

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Seems like the OP costs himself tens of thousands of dollars taping his books.

But Rich is the .

So...., do you consider yourself a New York Clown or Nevada Nerd now, Shad?

18 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

bottom line, I made thousands of dollars selling comics I bought for 12 and 15 cents,,,Slab THAT.......have a nice life.

Oh, such a unique experience on the CGC message forum! Make sure you wear that Burger King crown with pride.

34 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I live in Paradise. I lived in Paradise. I will live in Paradise.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, wherever I go.

And you will dwell in the House of Comics forever?

19 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

Just because you got some deals and had to sit through hours of his stories while holding his tallywhacker, that means he's great.

He told me it was a "discount lever" that could be pulled for great deals. :frown:

Edited by Domo Arigato

48 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Seems like the OP costs himself tens of thousands of dollars taping his books.

But Rich is the .

If he'd actually wanted us to understand the situation, he would have explained what books he was talking about.  Apart from keys and other hot books, taped books are usually really slow movers and most dealers either don't want them at all or will only buy them very, very, very cheap.

21 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

There you go with generalizations again.  Speaking for myself, I actually wear jeans, a non-comic related t-shirt (usually solid actually) a hoodie and a baseball cap.  I usually cannot bother to wait in lines for 'celebrity' autographs.

I go to shows wearing absolutely nothing at all..... I usually get locked up fairly quickly, but, man, is it exhilarating ....the look on people's faces is worth it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I go to shows wearing absolutely nothing at all..... I usually get locked up fairly quickly, but, man, is it exhilarating ....the look on people's faces is worth it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing absolutely nothing!

When did he move down to Florida?

I have bought from him probably for 15 years at every show I see him at. Generally never more than $100 at a time. Have never spoken to him. He does not recognize me (and I don't expect that as a $50-$100 once a year customer). Usually $10 or less stuff. Just need to examine it very closely. There is often a reason why he has something in a cheap box. I was about to snag a half decent looking ASM 137 out of his $5 box (I don't think he had $2 boxes this time) at NYCC only to discovery it had the stamp cut out. And I had plucked out a few other decent looking $5 books and oddly enough, wqhen i took them out of their bags most of the books that had a backing board (most did not) had stains or other ugliness on the back cover.

With that said, at NYCC 2 or 3 years ago he had a nice selection of sharp late 70s/early 80s Gold Key horror type books, which you do not see a ton of, for $2 each. I know they don't go for much in general and that's a little out of my comfort zone for these books, but they were pretty nice (and these are usually dinged up) and it was nice having so many in one place. I went a little nuts.

He moved fairly recently.   I had dinner with him (and his lovely wife) at Bmore 2016 convention and they were talking about the move to Florida.   Saw him again in early 2017 (he occasionally would do a little "one man show" in various locations; this one was in Northern VA) and I think they had moved by then.   

He's definitely a character and loves to talk.   He's got some great stories.  He's pretty "old school" and it took him awhile to come around to slabbing, but he does slab books now.   I can see how he could rub some people the wrong way.  

9 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

He moved fairly recently.   I had dinner with him (and his lovely wife) at Bmore 2016 convention and they were talking about the move to Florida.   Saw him again in early 2017 (he occasionally would do a little "one man show" in various locations; this one was in Northern VA) and I think they had moved by then.   

He's definitely a character and loves to talk.   He's got some great stories.  He's pretty "old school" and it took him awhile to come around to slabbing, but he does slab books now.   I can see how he could rub some people the wrong way.  

funny thing is in the early 2000s I bid on a lot of low grade GA..in slabs and not. That wasn't the hot commodity just yet and there were deals to be had.  Anyway, he often outbid me on this stuff.  And when I saw him at a show and saw TT I was surprised he was a dealer.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:59 PM, Miami-Rick said:

Whats it to You? You wanna Date? Just because you got some deals and had to sit through hours of his stories while holding  his tallywhacker, that means he's great. You need professional help. Good night.

Hey, I like this guy!  Munchie is like a summer's eve.

15 minutes ago, HOTFLIPS said:

I prefer being called a "typical NY Jer**ff"  I think they even make a shirt like that.

jag off

n. A person, usually male, that has an unfavorable personality or annoying habits. Generally implies stupidity or ignorance.

I saw him at Wonder-con 2008 he had great early Golden age books out of a briefcase on to a table with NO bags on them. I wanted to buy his Detective 2 and this guy did not want to sell anything just wanted to show off his nice book's. I was ok buying book's at FMV back then but now FMV went 10x. I think it's the same guy had a long jacket on and just kept talking not selling. I don't blame him not wanting to sell he had lot's of nice books and was an ok guy to me who loved comic's.(thumbsu

Edited by woowoo

On 1/9/2018 at 6:52 PM, skypinkblu said:

Sorry, I was admiring the "Ya'll";) 

As a true Southerner, thought I should point out it's spelled "y'all" - after all, it's a contraction of "you all."

Although I'm sure y'all knew that. :baiting: