• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:

You need to go to a meeting or something you use too much like. Your going to over like one of these days and wind up in the hospital waking up to CLEAR!

This has been a rough board day - I'm already waddlin' bow-legged...., :p

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
  5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ahem... "South Shore"

Sorry, I was admiring the "Ya'll";) 

Seriously, I try to be nice to new people, I like new people...but when someone starts out like this my Shill o meter starts ringing and this one is going ding ding ding...

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

For those who haven't known Ritchie for 25 years, like I have, I can see why there would be a little animosity toward his personality.  He has his quirks for sure, but he has always given me exceptional deals on books I've purchased.  I have NEVER paid his asking price.  NEVER.  All you have to do is talk to him nicely, build a relationship, and don't be demanding or rude.  It also helps to patiently listen to his stories... lol   As far as him rejecting a comic deal...well, that's his business.  If he was rude about it, well...that's just Ritchie... :gossip:  I'd like to say he is a classic new Yorker stereotype, but he's actually mellower than that...and at least he grades better than Metro.  They lost me as a customer a long time ago...

So when do you EVER pay full asking price Brian?  :baiting:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Seriously, I try to be nice to new people, I like new people...but when someone starts out like this my Shill o meter starts ringing and this one is going ding ding ding...

"Maybe so maybe not."

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Serious question. I always thought Ritchie was a full time comic dealer ? It was mentioned he retired. Retired from what ? 

He moved to FL a year or two ago but is still selling comics full time, so far as I know.

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

For those who haven't known Ritchie for 25 years, like I have, I can see why there would be a little animosity toward his personality.  He has his quirks for sure, but he has always given me exceptional deals on books I've purchased.  I have NEVER paid his asking price.  NEVER.  All you have to do is talk to him nicely, build a relationship, and don't be demanding or rude.  It also helps to patiently listen to his stories... lol   As far as him rejecting a comic deal...well, that's his business.  If he was rude about it, well...that's just Ritchie... :gossip:  I'd like to say he is a classic new Yorker stereotype, but he's actually mellower than that...and at least he grades better than Metro.  They lost me as a customer a long time ago...

I agree with all this.  He likes to talk, but knows a lot about the history of the hobby and can spin some good yarns.  He's pretty much always willing to deal on books.

I would say grading better than Metro is a low bar ... but one that he doesn't always clear.  His raw books are often a point or so below the CGC grade.  But, of course, he's willing to expound at length about his grades being more accurate than theirs. :)

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Seriously, I try to be nice to new people, I like new people, I live next door to new people, my best friend is a new people, I married a new people, I nominated a new people for the Nobel Prize, new people are the cream in my coffee, I eat new people on toast every morning, I named my first born New People,   ...but when someone starts out like this my Shill o meter starts ringing and this one is going ding ding ding...

FTFY

11 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

This must be the gang that dress up as superheroes at the conventions, waiting in line five hours to have their picture taken with Darth Vader,...see ya.

There you go with generalizations again.  Speaking for myself, I actually wear jeans, a non-comic related t-shirt (usually solid actually) a hoodie and a baseball cap.  I usually cannot bother to wait in lines for 'celebrity' autographs.

11 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

bottom line, I made thousands of dollars selling comics I bought for 12 and 15 cents,,,Slab THAT.......have a nice life.

Bottom line is that you are coming across as a tool.  I use the word 'tool' because every other time I type something it seems to get filtered out. 

Ease up, take a breath, sit back and get to know the atmosphere and the culture before you start waving yourself around.  You might actually enjoy yourself.