• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Nah, it's not offensive to use the term 'New York clown'...

Its not exclusive to NY, I'm sure there are shady blowhards operating out of a dingy garage ,...oh, I'm sorry..OFFICE...in the other 49 states too. More power to him.

20 minutes ago, Miami-Rick said:

Its not exclusive to NY, 

Agreed.  Then perhaps you'd be well served by editing your post using the offensive phrase 'New York clowns', and not use it again.

Edited by namisgr

Just now, namisgr said:

Then perhaps you'd be well served by editing your post using the offensive phrase 'New York clowns', and not use it again.

I'm sure nobody out there in comic land (with the possible exception of yourself) is losing sleep over a benign throwaway remark I made ..an accurate remark in this instance I might add. Grab a kleenex and get over it please. 

4 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

I'm sure nobody out there in comic land (with the possible exception of yourself) is losing sleep over a benign throwaway remark I made ..an accurate remark in this instance I might add. Grab a kleenex and get over it please. 

Well I'm from New York.  Wasn't aware that I might be classified as a NY prototype motormouth. 

Welcome to the boards and Y'all have a great day.

Edited by blazingbob

1 minute ago, blazingbob said:

Well I'm from New York.  Welcome to the boards.

I think that is one of the few things we haven't held against you.

6 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

no offense buzz, my favorite pizza is in White Plains NY in da bronx.

No offense but White Plains, NY is not IN da Bronx;) Unless you meant White Plains Rd;) and that pizza place  probably moved to White Plains;) 

Richie is a character, just tell him you are not a NY baseball fan and sit back;)

21 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

Prototype NYC motormouth , wasted 2 hours of my life this afternoon, drove to his florida office, if you call a crappy one car garage an office, and after flipping through over 1000 comics that my brother spent days meticulously indexing, boxing and putting in order, only to have this slapnuts fling through them, and declare that they're of no value because of tape on the spine. He knew of their condition weeks ahead of time then acts shocked and mystified upon seeing them. Meanwhile he sells horses@#t mags in far worse condition on his rinky-dink website. I had good offers but this numbnuts was close by and recommended by Jim Payette so I tried it. I would gladly drive to New Zealand  than deal with this character. Good for a laugh though,...I doubt his jaws have stopped flapping. If anything needed tape, it's his pie-hole...Good Lord....AVOID.

OK, but don’t be so harsh. And Jim Payette is a gentleman, that is no doubt.
One of the earliest dealers I bought from when I started to delve in GA, without any knowledge.
He is very honest.

3 minutes ago, vaillant said:

One of the earliest dealers I bought from when I started to delve in GA, without any knowledge.
He is very honest.

James Payette was my favorite dealer, when I first started collecting Actions.  Purchased several books, including some Cookeville's.  All the books I purchased were under graded.  

7 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

Its not exclusive to NY, I'm sure there are shady blowhards operating out of a dingy garage ,...oh, I'm sorry..OFFICE...in the other 49 states too. More power to him.

Dingy, musty garages afford the shady blowhards huge savings on overhead that the blabbermouths may feel compelled to pass on to the customer! (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, vaillant said:

He is very honest.

I'm very honest too, Jim was very cordial in his communication with me...it's his flunky who the Greyhound bus dropped off in South Florida that's a problem. Live and learn.