• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Miami-Rick said:

I'm very honest too, Jim was very cordial in his communication with me...it's his flunky who the Greyhound bus dropped off in South Florida that's a problem. Live and learn.

Richie may be an acquired taste, but so is a fine Anejo, and categorizing him as a 'flunky who the Greyhound bus dropped off in South Florida' reflects much more on the person making the comment than it does on Richie.

Edited by namisgr

Just now, namisgr said:

Richie may be an acquired taste, but so is a fine Anejo, and categorizing him as a 'flunky who the Greyhound bus dropped off in South Florida' reflects much more on the person making the comment than it does on Richie.

who are you, his agent? Is your office the phone booth outside the Waffle House? I blame myself for showing up at some detached moldy garage in the first place, I should have chuckled to myself and kept driving. Dealing out of a garage is the equivalent of going to a shade-tree mechanic or having your dentist or surgeon in a Walmart Supercenter,..right in between the Subway and the restrooms. Grade B.  Cyanide is an acquired taste too.

14 minutes ago, namisgr said:

by the way, I was being kind.

27 minutes ago, Miami-Rick said:

who are you, his agent? Is your office the phone booth outside the Waffle House? I blame myself for showing up at some detached moldy garage in the first place, I should have chuckled to myself and kept driving. Dealing out of a garage is the equivalent of going to a shade-tree mechanic or having your dentist or surgeon in a Walmart Supercenter,..right in between the Subway and the restrooms. Grade B.  Cyanide is an acquired taste too.

One of the better optometrists I had worked out of a Walmart.

Self-employment isn't for everyone, for a variety of reasons.

7 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

people are very sensitive on these boards if you call someone a clown (adding a state is perhaps even more offensive)

I think someone claimed I was threatening another poster by calling them a clown. yeesh

lol  I know - and there are a few cranks here where I'm never sure if they are serious or not.  Like the Delaware Dork.

at the risk of sounding too harsh,...some people need to lighten up. I'm just relating my lousy experience and add my voice to the many who warn others to steer clear of this B.S. artist. Stop getting apoplectic,..nobody's pressing charges, and the comics (tape and all) are sold for a great price. If you want to love him, call him a great character or acquired taste, go ahead...build a statue of the guy if you want. I'm done. Excelsior!

2 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

Since when does Walmart have Subway (shrug)

For those who haven't known Ritchie for 25 years, like I have, I can see why there would be a little animosity toward his personality.  He has his quirks for sure, but he has always given me exceptional deals on books I've purchased.  I have NEVER paid his asking price.  NEVER.  All you have to do is talk to him nicely, build a relationship, and don't be demanding or rude.  It also helps to patiently listen to his stories... lol   As far as him rejecting a comic deal...well, that's his business.  If he was rude about it, well...that's just Ritchie... :gossip:  I'd like to say he is a classic new Yorker stereotype, but he's actually mellower than that...and at least he grades better than Metro.  They lost me as a customer a long time ago...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian