• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

How much of a deal does he like to make? He has some stuff I want, but mostly listed at 3-4x what I'd offer. I don't ever complain about what someone asks for their own books, but I also feel it's inappropriate to contact someone when you're looking to pay about 25% of what they're asking.

While I forget the exact figures, we had an email exchange that went like this.

Book listed for $75. I offered $55. He responded at $74.50. I offered $60. He offered $74.49.

So, you just counter with $60.01! :D

While I forget the exact figures, we had an email exchange that went like this.

Book listed for $75. I offered $55. He responded at $74.50. I offered $60. He offered $74.49.

Pretty much my experience with the guy...overgrades a bit too

This name rings a bell from years ago. Is this the fellow who blurs the line between restoration, and what he calls 'conservation'?
This name rings a bell from years ago. Is this the fellow who blurs the line between restoration, and what he calls 'conservation'?

CGC uses the term so why are you picking on richie?

Not picking on anyone. I merely asked a legitimate question based upon a thread about him and that particular subject some years ago. Unless I'm mistaken there was a considerable argument about his ebay descriptions. Of course I may have imagined it ;)

Not picking on anyone. I merely asked a legitimate question based upon a thread about him and that particular subject some years ago. Unless I'm mistaken there was a considerable argument about his ebay descriptions. Of course I may have imagined it ;)

Richie's perspective was one of someone who didn't believe in slabbing, so he thought it was reasonable to distinguish between "conservation" and "restoration," which, of course, CGC didn't for a long time.

If you only half read his descriptions, you might have been under the impression that a book that according to him had no restoration would receive a blue label from CGC, when it would actually come back as a PLOD because of "conservation."

He disclosed everything -- although like everyone else he could miss stuff -- but some people did find his distinctions between conservation and restoration confusing.

Prototype NYC motormouth , wasted 2 hours of my life this afternoon, drove to his florida office, if you call a crappy one car garage an office, and after flipping through over 1000 comics that my brother spent days meticulously indexing, boxing and putting in order, only to have this slapnuts fling through them, and declare that they're of no value because of tape on the spine. He knew of their condition weeks ahead of time then acts shocked and mystified upon seeing them. Meanwhile he sells horses@#t mags in far worse condition on his rinky-dink website. I had good offers but this numbnuts was close by and recommended by Jim Payette so I tried it. I would gladly drive to New Zealand  than deal with this character. Good for a laugh though,...I doubt his jaws have stopped flapping. If anything needed tape, it's his pie-hole...Good Lord....AVOID.

3 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

Prototype NYC motormouth , wasted 2 hours of my life this afternoon, drove to his florida office, if you call a crappy one car garage an office, and after flipping through over 1000 comics that my brother spent days meticulously indexing, boxing and putting in order, only to have this slapnuts fling through them, and declare that they're of no value because of tape on the spine. He knew of their condition weeks ahead of time then acts shocked and mystified upon seeing them. Meanwhile he sells horses@#t mags in far worse condition on his rinky-dink website. I had good offers but this numbnuts was close by and recommended by Jim Payette so I tried it. I would gladly drive to New Zealand  than deal with this character. Good for a laugh though,...I doubt his jaws have stopped flapping. If anything needed tape, it's his pie-hole...Good Lord....AVOID.

At least your car started when you turned the key to leave. That would have been the icing on the cake. Are you sure that Satan didn't get there moments before you did, tie Richie up, and deal with you instead? It sounds as though you drove yourself straight into Comic Book Hades, be thankful you escaped.  :devil:

Edited by James J Johnson

he's a nice enough guy, but he full of , and it has nothing to do with him not buying my stuff,..I already have them sold so it's no big deal, but I have more respect for the comic shop owners who, unlke this NY Clown , have to pay rent, electric etc... so you know their gonna break out the lube and bust balls even if you walked in with a mint FF #1 and offer 5 bucks..   anyway, God bless him, no harm done, just a colossal waste of time. Yeah, he can talk the chrome off a bumper but nobody's perfect.

40 minutes ago, Miami-Rick said:

he's a nice enough guy, but he full of , and it has nothing to do with him not buying my stuff,..I already have them sold so it's no big deal, but I have more respect for the comic shop owners who, unlke this NY Clown , have to pay rent, electric etc... so you know their gonna break out the lube and bust balls even if you walked in with a mint FF #1 and offer 5 bucks..   anyway, God bless him, no harm done, just a colossal waste of time. Yeah, he can talk the chrome off a bumper but nobody's perfect.

"NY Clown" ?

9 hours ago, Miami-Rick said:

I doubt his jaws have stopped flapping. If anything needed tape, it's his pie-hole...Good Lord....AVOID.

lol

Here, take a look

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/219103-tomorrows-treasures/

Likely 1 or 2 other threads about this individual ...

Edited by Gotham Kid