• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage / Pedigree Schmell Collection Auction has ended...

508 posts in this topic

Looks like the Rocky Mountain non-keys aren't performing - losing 2-3k a book per GPA.

Prices seem pretty disappointing overall, Schmell can't be happy.

Wow Twin Cities 9.6 DD 1 goes for 28.6K

He can take the small hits on the majority of issues, which are non-keys, as long as he wins big on the highest priced books. Considering when he bought many of these books, I'd expect he'll do fine. The JIM run alone will give him a windfall.

#1 goes for just a touch under 275K. What is the consensus of this price considering a non-ped copy (Cheetah's?) sold for 250K in Oct 11.

Avengers #4 goes for substantially under its high in 9.6.

$91,500 Feb 2011 Comiclink.

$69,500 this March

$50,787.50 today.

I had the auction in the corner of my screen while I work, glancing at it now and again and thinking "wow, those prices are insane." Then I check here and find they apparently aren't insane enough.

Looks like the Rocky Mountain non-keys aren't performing - losing 2-3k a book per GPA.

He paid $30,500 last year; i guess it could've been worse assuming he pockets 1/2 the BP. Did it look like a 9.6 in person, doesn't from the scan.

He can take the small hits on the majority of issues, which are non-keys, as long as he wins big on the highest priced books. Considering when he bought many of these books, I'd expect he'll do fine. The JIM run alone will give him a windfall.

He'll make a gigantic windfall that most people could retire on, I don't think anybody would even begin to question that. The question is when you own a comic consignment website whether or not the prices he's getting on his books by going the auction route with a competitor are benefiting him.

....this is a lot of juice for the market to absorb at once....plus Doug's not a bidder. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Does seem like a mixed bag so far. WM FF 1 got a good bump over its price from 2 years ago ($203k today, an increase of $60k over last time), but the WM FF 2 went from $87k this past Feb to $49k now.

....this is a lot of juice for the market to absorb at once....plus Doug's not a bidder. GOD BLESS....

I looked through the prices quickly and he'll make a decent profit on things he has held, such as the Pac Coasts, but the more recent stuff he bought is not going well. I question if the $3 million mark is gonna happen.

FWIW, I got $250k for my Avengers 1, cash in hand, no juice taken from the total. I'm guessing he will pocket the same or less.

Am I the only one that thinks they got Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) to run the auction?
And right after I post that they swap out the auctioneer.

..... :gossip: ....someone from Nevada placed a winning bid on her :insane: GOD BLESS...

Those books were initially bought at the height of the frenzy and there were a handful of serious buyers beating each other up - they've all since left the hobby.

#1 goes for just a touch under 275K. What is the consensus of this price considering a non-ped copy (Cheetah's?) sold for 250K in Oct 11.

Avengers #4 goes for substantially under its high in 9.6.

$91,500 Feb 2011 Comiclink.

$69,500 this March

$50,787.50 today.

I had the auction in the corner of my screen while I work, glancing at it now and again and thinking "wow, those prices are insane." Then I check here and find they apparently aren't insane enough.

$50K has been the benchmark price for that book for a few years now, so it's just come back to reality.

(thumbs u

Those books were initially bought at the height of the frenzy and there were a handful of serious buyers beating each other up - they've all since left the hobby.

Haven't exactly left the hobby, just moved on to bigger and better things.

Haven't exactly left the hobby, just moved on to bigger and better things.

You're right. A few have left the hobby, others have just left the Avengers Peds.

:shy:

Half way thru todays auction (241 of 483 books) and $2,060,000 realized...

With the X-Mens and Tos's still to come, todays books will surely break $3Mill and maybe challenge $4Mill...not too shabby!! :o

I was able to take advantage of some of those HUGE RM avengers Peds losses :banana:

Despite having easily one of the WORST, most stressful days of my entire life because of other going on I was able to snag 4 Avengers Peds including a book I NEVER dreamed I would ever own, my ultimate grail of all grails for me!!! :cloud9:

I'm out picking up my daughter so I'll post pics when I get home but this book turned one of the 10 worst days of my life into a GREAT day!!! I'm so giddy right now my hands are shaking and I can barely type on my iPhone! lol

I was able to take advantage of some of those HUGE RM avengers Peds losses :banana:

Despite having easily one of the WORST, most stressful days of my entire life because of other going on I was able to snag 4 Avengers Peds including a book I NEVER dreamed I would ever own, my ultimate grail of all grails for me!!! :cloud9:

I'm out picking up my daughter so I'll post pics when I get home but this book turned one of the 10 worst days of my life into a GREAT day!!! I'm so giddy right now my hands are shaking and I can barely type on my iPhone! lol

That 57 better be yours bud.