• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage / Pedigree Schmell Collection Auction has ended...

508 posts in this topic

My catalog came in the mail today!!! :banana:

So freaking awesome I can't even put it into words!!! :cloud9:

I just skimmed thru it with my son and told him all of them belong to the same guy. He looked at me and said "WHOA!!! He must be rich!!!" lol

i was happy to see Doug kept one of the two books i sold to him in his collection

I just skimmed thru it with my son and told him all of them belong to the same guy. He looked at me and said "WHOA!!! He must be rich!!!" lol

He might not be now but he will be in a few weeks.

You could have seen the catalog here on Monday. :gossip: I left the two small catalogs at my local barber when I got my hair cut, one of those was for Doug's collection. I took the big one home to fully check out. I noticed some "interesting" art in that one.

....you can afford high grade Spidey's AND a haircut ?......ya'll hiring ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

He got his pedigree books with good connections in the hobby, being in the right place at the right time, having the funds to buy them at the time and the knowledge that they would be investment pieces.

Please save that stuff for comics general

We all know that stuff and it's been discussed for years.

This thread and section of the forum doesn't need to rehash it

Just sayin :gossip:

Please save that stuff for comics general

We all know that stuff and it's been discussed for years.

This thread and section of the forum doesn't need to rehash it

Just sayin :gossip:

+1

I just get tired of this stuff. The books were awesome before he bought them and they are still awesome now. You could argue that they have been pressed and resubbed but I could argue that more than 3/4 of all high grade books that show up on Heritage and CL have been given a second run through. Even the revered Billy Wright books have been resubbed (Adventure 40 being one).

And one more thing. If you don't want to buy them direct because of a hang up with Doug, let me know which one's you want, I'll buy them and you can pay me 10% more for them. I'll be your money laundering middle man.

Doug's collection is heavy in Pacific Coast copies....MANY of which don't need any help to get 9.6 and 9.8. That collection was stored in a similar fashion as the Mile High....6 foot stacks....you know the spiel. Wish I could afford one of the ones I'd like.....but there won't be any "sour grapes" stuff out of me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. It seems to me that I saw very FEW books that had what are commonly called gift grades.....most are mind numbing.

Doug's collection is heavy in Pacific Coast copies....MANY of which don't need any help to get 9.6 and 9.8. That collection was stored in a similar fashion as the Mile High....6 foot stacks....you know the spiel. Wish I could afford one of the ones I'd like.....but there won't be any "sour grapes" stuff out of me. GOD BLESS...

This is generally true, but on the other hand, as Tom Hanlin has rightfully pointed out, the PC books are also conversely PERFECT candidates for pressing because they are so structurally perfect. Press out the minor NCBs and other pressable blemishes and voila, "mere" 9.4s and 9.2s become 9.6s and 9.8s.

Is it me or does anyone else feel that books like FF49-FF52 in the 9.4 to 9.6 range are on the whole overgrazed by .2 to .4? there seems to be a lot of structural flaws that they should take hits on but don't?

interested to hear other thoughts...

thanks

Brian