• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Heritage / Pedigree Schmell Collection Auction has ended...

508 posts in this topic

Bids on other books have disappeared/gone down also. I assume maybe someone was throwing a ton of bids around and maybe Heritage finally got wise to asking if he actually had the ability or intention to pay for what he was bidding on.

reeks of someone w/a hard on for Doug purposely screwing w/ the auction.

hm

Did avengers #1 just drop from 200k to 80k? Is that what you guys are referring too?

Edit: that did happen right? I'm on a lot of pain meds at the min so could of imagined the price change

No the Pacific Coast original owner didn't buy two copies of everything, although there is apparently a small handful of early Marvels with two copies, including the X-Men #1 according to board member linmoth.

After the OO sold the books to PCE he told me he had 10 boxes of duplicates. That doesn't equate to 2 of everything but is alot more than a handfull of early Marvels.

I bought DD 1-21, TOS 48, 52, X-Men 1, 14-20, 25-33, Avengers 16-20, 25-32, FF 50, Ann 1-4, ASM Ann 1-3 and many more DC's.

Some of the duplicates are now 9.8 and in the Heritage auction. Some were 9.6 and still are but some were raw so I don't know how they graded.

The OO was selling books on eBay before Roter purchased the collection so who knows what else was sold.

Tom

Awesome story! Is there a link to the story of the guy? And what was he selling them for to PCE, on ebay and to you. Did he have any idea what he had?

(ps. I knew their had to be lots of dups if he duplicated an early book like the X-men 1! 10 boxes could be another 1-2k books? Maybe Schmell got those?)

Not looking good for my bids but we'll see what happens this morning. I do t know who the hell is putting up all these bids but I have a BAD feeling the BSDs are gonna win the day and leave us little guys in the dust! :sorry:

:( i tried to be able to take tomorrow off, but it just cant happen. Is this planned for thurs/fri or are they going to get to all the lots tomorrow?
bumpp! Shrug sumo!

The major portion of Doug's runs will be auctioned off today, but there are some straggler issues that will finalize in the next couple of days. The Heritage website has the session details you seek.

I'm watching the Heritage Live feed. As new bids are made on the current lot, I see bids coming from Floor/Phone, Heritage Live, and Internet. How are bids coming in from "Internet", when on the Heritage web site, it says internet bidding is closed?

I'm currently watching and have placed some internet bids (live proxy). I seriously doubt I will win anything with how prices seem to be coming from the floor.

#1 goes for just a touch under 275K. What is the consensus of this price considering a non-ped copy (Cheetah's?) sold for 250K in Oct 11.

Rarefied company at that price level.....for now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I think it's a good buy for someone.....Avengers 1 is tough in grade.

#1 goes for just a touch under 275K. What is the consensus of this price considering a non-ped copy (Cheetah's?) sold for 250K in Oct 11.

Avengers #4 goes for substantially under its high in 9.6.

$91,500 Feb 2011 Comiclink.

$69,500 this March

$50,787.50 today.

I'm watching the Heritage Live feed. As new bids are made on the current lot, I see bids coming from Floor/Phone, Heritage Live, and Internet. How are bids coming in from "Internet", when on the Heritage web site, it says internet bidding is closed?

I think those are bids that were placed before closing and that are being upped as live/phone bidders bid.

I'm here and it's rather sparsely attended. There's a nice spread of food though. :)

Yo, dawg....drop ship me a couple of roast beef and horseradish on rye.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u