• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

1,012 posts in this topic

It was def too long, but that wasn't issue. Bane's voice was almost comical at times.

I could see how people wouldn't like Bane's voice, but I actually thought it was well done. I liked seeing a well-spoken brute. Obviously, the type-cast for a brute is to make them dopey idiots. I thought his voice was different, interesting and refreshing.

I absolutely loved the movie.

With that said

I didnt find JGL's character necessary at all. He could have been completely removed from that film with virtually no impact.

And does anyone know what Catwoman's glasses really do?

I absolutely loved the movie.

With that said

I didnt find JGL's character necessary at all. He could have been completely removed from that film with virtually no impact.

And does anyone know what Catwoman's glasses really do?

yes, the glasses, as well as everything else about her, make my tiddly wink.

I thought it was incredible. Not as good as The Dark Knight, but awfully close. Just a brilliantly done movie. I know it was 3 hours, but it didn't feel it; I can't wait to see it again.

Also, the Bane voice was actually pretty close to what I'd imagine he'd sound like. Remember, in "Nightfall" Bane was introduced as a criminal mastermind, not reckless muscle.

I really liked it, not quite as much as "The Dark Knight"(the Joker is a tough act to follow), but it had a great story and fantastic performances. And I loved the ending!

DarkKnightSpoilers.jpg

Well at the end of The Dark Knight, the Joker goes to Arkham.

At the end of Dark Knight Rises, EVERYONE DIES AND DEADPOOL SHOWS UP.

The end.

:pullhair:

:acclaim:

But for real, it was so good. So so so so good. My only gripe was not understanding some of what Bane was saying.

I enjoyed this movie immensely. I will give two things that I loved and two things that I had problems with.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Loved:

1. The movie was beautifully shot. The scene when all the officers were charging the thugs was amazing. The overhead view of all 3,000 of them charging gave me goosebumps.

2. Loved the fight scenes between Batman and Bane. Especially the moment when he breaks Batman. Right out of Batman 497.

Problems:

1. I had trouble understanding what Bane was saying sometimes. It wasn't enough to take me out of the movie, but a little distracting.

2. I didn't like the "Robin" part at the end. I feel it just made it a little campy. I get it. Like he was his sidekick kind of throughout the movie so his name being Robin fits, but I thought it was a little lame.

Overall, I enjoyed the heck out of it. I hate that the knowledgeable community ruined the Talia thing for me so long ago, but I still enjoyed the reveal.