• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

Some books are just better in monthly format, and this one is at the top of my list! I have the hardcovers too - and LOVE them, but you do miss the inside cover profiles in the hardcover.

Matt tends to drop a few crumbs without spoilers in the inside covers of the floppies.

Ok Matt, WTF...

Am I crazy, or is Meru Lyme's daughter?!?!?! I've had suspisions before, with their similar powers and all, but I think #18 may have dropped a big hint at something. Notice the Richard Scary-esqe spread: Lyme (the Bear) and Lyme's Wife (Shown as a Rabbit)...now look at the one unidentified animal-character on the page...ITS A YOUNG RABBIT, right behind Lyme and his rabbit wife. Am I missing something here, or is that supposed to be a young Meru?!

PS - I LOVED this issue. I appreciate that even his "filler" issues arent really filler issues.

I loved the issue too. I like her description of the animals types. I could read a couple pages because they were never cut apart. #18 is a winner.

I half-expected to see a sketched retailer incentive of issue 13 in there.

The variant for issue 1 was 1/3 of the print run (so two regular covers for each variant), so really not *that* rare relative to the regular cover. I'm sure you'll get the variant.

Don't rain on his parade on his Bday! 16 books of this awesome series (including the #1 variant) at 75% off cover shipped is a great buy

Thanks Hekla! lol I know it's not that rare, but I don't have one yet and this seemed like a no brainer for me. I basically get another almost-full-run PLUS the variant...WIN.

If you were to submit a sketch #13 to CGC, I assume they would slab it with a green label. What if you took your raw copy to a Con where Matt was in attendance and had him sign it again or hand it directly to a CGC witness? Still green label?

If you were to submit a sketch #13 to CGC, I assume they would slab it with a green label. What if you took your raw copy to a Con where Matt was in attendance and had him sign it again or hand it directly to a CGC witness? Still green label?

Good question. I think it most likely would still end up Green but I am just guessing. To me...I just want to own one. No need for CGC here.

I believe they would Yellow label the sig they witnessed and treat the un witnessed stuff as defects and you would get a lower grade depending on size of sketch and un witnessed sig. some one correct me if I am wrong :foryou:

My girlfriend got a sketch at WW Philly without a CGC rep because she didn't know and I was all over the place and forgot to tell her. I went back over with the CGC rep and they resigned over their signature and it got a yellow label. I don't know if I got lucky or this is how they always do it.

finally got to sit and read the newest issue and it was awesome to bad none of that artwork is for sale

I hear ya, but I think it's pretty cool that the OA stays with the one that inspired the character. Otherwise, I would be jealous of one of you guys with the quick triggers! Love that DPS at the end.

finally got to sit and read the newest issue and it was awesome to bad none of that artwork is for sale

I hear ya, but I think it's pretty cool that the OA stays with the one that inspired the character. Otherwise, I would be jealous of one of you guys with the quick triggers! Love that DPS at the end.

i agree it very cool