• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Whoever took the 3 month old baby to the midnight showing could use an education on child rearing. Bit of a nut there. :ohnoez:

Yeah. I don't understand that one either, but I suppose that's a different topic of discussion.

Maybe it is more complicated then that.

It is a very complex issue and your points certainly have merit, but the thought that I am surrounded by armed people at all times, even if I am carrying myself, would be no comfort. There will always be bad people, and they will always find a way. If our d-bag du jour had expected armed resistance he might have just lobbed a few grenades through the door instead. There is no good answer to our debate. Like communism, an armed populace is a good idea in theory but human nature really stacks the odds against its success.

I wasn't planning on seeing this movie in the theater, believe it or not. I was going to actually wait for the Blu-ray, but after this, I'll be going just on principle.

I wasn't planning to see it until after the crowds slowed down. Now I am going to see it multiple times just to show my support. That is one thing fanboys can do. Support with your wallet and go see the movie as many times as you can afford.

An eye for an eye. I say find out exactly why he did it (if they haven't already done so) then put his in front of a firing squad. And don't wait 5 years to do it either! :sumo:

I wasn't planning on seeing this movie in the theater, believe it or not. I was going to actually wait for the Blu-ray, but after this, I'll be going just on principle.

I wasn't planning to see it until after the crowds slowed down. Now I am going to see it multiple times just to show my support. That is one thing fanboys can do. Support with your wallet and go see the movie as many times as you can afford.

Couldn't agree more. This guy surely wants attention, and a 9/11-style response to his actions gives him that. Keep calm, carry on.

The whole idea about making it lawful for people to protect themselves would be deter something like this from happening before it happened. Knowing that some people might be packing a weapon is a deterent and keeps the nuts from doing this stuff

Not statistically, it isn't.

I don't know about that. Washington D.C. has some of the strictest laws in the country. Meaning only the bad guys have the guns. Therefore, they have some of the highest crime. They actually had to change their NBA team's name from the Bullets to the Wizards.

I've been considering moving to Texas because of their laws and policies down there.

An eye for an eye. I say find out exactly why he did it (if they haven't already done so) then put his in front of a firing squad. And don't wait 5 years to do it either! :sumo:
Pretty sure the reason why he did it is because he's severely disturbed

This is a horrible tragedy, and my heart goes out to those who lost their lives, their family members, and those who survived the incident but have no doubt suffered mental scarring that may affect them for the rest of their lives.

The only other thing I want to say is that incidents like this should not hinder people from living their lives. The randomness of incidents like this and the damage they cause understandably provokes a fear response, but don't let yourselves get caught up in the idea that people are somehow getting worse, or that civilization is crumbling. This very well may be the safest time to live in human history, at least in developed nations. Crime rates have been on a continual decline for decades and statistically speaking you're much more likely to get hurt or killed doing the things that are part of your daily routine that you don't even think about, like driving, than being gunned down by some maniac in a theater or a mall.

Don't make this event more tragic than it already is by reducing the quality of your own life.

The whole idea about making it lawful for people to protect themselves would be deter something like this from happening before it happened. Knowing that some people might be packing a weapon is a deterent and keeps the nuts from doing this stuff

I don't know about that. Washington D.C. has some of the strictest laws in the country. Meaning only the bad guys have the guns. Therefore, they have some of the highest crime. They actually had to change their NBA teams name from the Bullets to the Wizards.

I've been considering moving to Texas of their laws and policies down there.

Crime does not equal gun violence, and mass murder shootings are more common in the Midwest I think. A lot of people having guns doesn't deter crime, it encourages criminals to shoot first.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/01/11/20-deadliest-gun-states-from-mississippi-to-arizona.html

I don't know about that. Washington D.C. has some of the strictest laws in the country. Meaning only the bad guys have the guns. Therefore, they have some of the highest crime. They actually had to change their NBA teams name from the Bullets to the Wizards.

Crime does not equal gun violence, and mass murder shootings are more common in the Midwest I think. A lot of people having guns doesn't deter crime, it encourages criminals to shoot first.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/01/11/20-deadliest-gun-states-from-mississippi-to-arizona.html

Agree to disagree. I would rather live in Texas than DC or Detroit.

Agree to disagree. I would rather live in Texas than DC or Detroit.

I'd rather not live in any of those places ;)

A CCW could have popped him right between the eyes as soon as he released the teargas

Ya...if they were Annie Oakley. It's not like in the movies...being even moderately accurate with a pistol is way harder than anyone who hasn't tried it thinks. Anyways, I'm off to see Batman now. Hopefully I won't need what I always take with me.

Yeah no doubt. Just the change in your breathing from a leisurely day at the shooting range and a life/death situation with your hearth thumping and adrenaline pumping make it difficult for anyone but the highly trained or very experienced to be even remotely accurate.

That's true, but you never know. I'm just saying. I'm not even a huge fan of guns, but who is to say? I've fired pistols and rifles much like that "AK47 style" rifle the shooter was packing, and I did much better with the rifle than I did with pistols. Not sure I'd want to square off with him with a tiny little Kahr PM9 myself. Especially not when choking on teargas.

You're right. You'd be much better off laying on the floor screaming "Please mister crazy nutjob. Please don't shoot me."

If every single person in that theater was armed I doubt the guy would have even attempted to do it. If he did and every single person in that theater was armed, even if only 20% of them pulled their guns, and only half of those had the bearings to pull the trigger, the tragedy would have been lessened.

If it ever happens somewhere I am, I pray that I'm standing next to 200 people with a carry permit. I want a chance. Someone that does this has lost the ability to reason, and deserve whatever they get.

Thus dies a decent thread...

I agree. That Batman panel shouldn't have been posted.

I posted the panel because it stuck me emotionally combined with all the tragedy...and I included no comment with it.

You sir are the wacko that turned this into a gun control debate. Perhaps you should not have been the one to read your own politics into a comic panel and weaken a very thoughtful thread.

I posted the panel because it stuck me emotionally combined with all the tragedy...and I included no comment with it.

You sir are the wacko that turned this into a gun control debate. Perhaps you should not have been the one to read your own politics into a comic panel and weaken a very thoughtful thread.

Really? Seriously? You aren't that thick are you? You didn't have to comment on it because your political stance was in the the picture and words in the panel insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Really? Seriously? You aren't that thick are you? You didn't have to comment on it because your political stance was in the the picture and words in the panel insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Not so sir, I happen to own 3 guns, including an assault rifle. But since you know everything, perhaps I will just sit back and enjoy your fantastic wisdom.

Not so sir, I happen to own 3 guns, including an assault rifle. But since you know everything, perhaps I will just sit back and enjoy your fantastic wisdom.

Well goodie for you. I suspect you will be destroying those guns like Batman in the panel because they are bad.