• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

From the Denver Post:

A 24-year-old suspect in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and searched for possible explosives, according to Police Chief Dan Oates.

So sad. :( My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families.

Just wondering.... Are there any parts of the movie that are similar to this incident?

I don't care what you watch, how much Doom you play, or whatever music you listen to, it doesn't make you kill people.

Put me down as one of the people that think we need to start to asking some real tough questions, like whether someone who spends 8-10 hours a day playing Halo, Call of Duty, etc. starts to confuse fantasy with reality.

This is incredibly sad. My thoughts are with all the victims and their families.

I'm relucatant now to see it this weekend....and I think others are going to feel the same way.

From the Denver Post:

A 24-year-old suspect in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and searched for possible explosives, according to Police Chief Dan Oates.

They just started announcing his name on the news.

Aurora is a tough area of Colorado. I always tried to stay clear of it in my business travels.

From the Denver Post:

We currently have a situation still developing in my area where a man was arrested, in connection with a cold case murder that happened 34 years ago. They are still searching his home and have found already 83 explosive devices, firearms, and several bunkers. The arrest was prompted in the most bizarre manner, where the man walked into a police station asking if there were any warrants out on him. People living in the nearby neighbourhood have been evacuated from their homes and have already been away from their homes for over a week while the police continue with their investigations.

I'm relucatant now to see it this weekend....and I think others are going to feel the same way.

Yep. I wasn't going to see it this weekend (I usually wait a week or two), but now I'm not sure about seeing it in theater at all.

This is incredibly sad. My thoughts are with all the victims and their families.

We as people must move on sometimes.

Yes,this is a horrible event,but we can't let some scum-bag ruin our lives forever.

We need to be more aware of our surrounding in public places.

I'm not being a jerk,I'm really sincere about this.

We as people must move on sometimes.

Yes,this is a horrible event,but we can't let some scum-bag ruin our lives forever.

We need to be more aware of our surrounding in public places.

I'm not being a jerk,I'm really sincere about this.

I don't disagree with you and also you are not being a jerk. I understand. :foryou:

I'll move on with my life but going to see the movie this weekend might have to wait because this just isn't that important to me. I'll leave the house and do my business but the movie....I'll have to see how things go tonight and tomorrow in others places around the country. I planned on seeing it Sunday night so we will see what happens. I hope that nobody else tries to copy this horrible act.

I hope that nobody else tries to copy this horrible act.

That's what I'm nervous about.

One thing I don't understand (apart from themaniac that did this horrible thing) is why were there a good amount of children there at a midnight showing?

A 3 month old shot? A 6 year old? Why are they at the theatre so late? I thought the same thing when I read a recnt story about a little girl shot in Chicago while selling lemonade...at 10:30pm!

I don't know all the details (and I believe there are few who do), but I will say this.

It's a tragedy that this happened and I morn for all the families who have lost loved ones.

If there are any boardies in and around the area where the shooting occured and knows any of the victim's families, Columbia Comics will proudly make a donation to that family and their recovery.

If anyone knows anything, please PM me!!!

One thing I don't understand (apart from themaniac that did this horrible thing) is why were there a good amount of children there at a midnight showing?

A 3 month old shot? A 6 year old? Why are they at the theatre so late? I thought the same thing when I read a recnt story about a little girl shot in Chicago while selling lemonade...at 10:30pm!

A 3- month old typically sleeps all the time. It's the ideal age for a housebound parent to take a kid to the movies. My pediatrician even recommends it to stir crazy parents. Six years is a different story.

:(

This tragedy just keeps getting worse.

Why did this happen?

How could someone be that evil?

Just turned on the TV and saw this. Horrrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of these individuals and there families. I too have the same thoughts about copycats. How will this affect tDKR viewings here on out? As for the children being there. As a parent of 5, I can understand why kids WOULD be there. School is out for summer. This would have been treated as a special event for a parent. I could easily see me taking my 2 elementary age boys to a midnight showing. A 3 month old....can't really explain that at any movie, at least for us. We always left ours at that age with others when we went to the movies, but, maybe not everyone has that luxury. Anyway, man, this is just horrible. Freakin' nutjobs out there.

:(

This tragedy just keeps getting worse.

Why did this happen?

How could someone be that evil?

Evil doesn't limit itself to the bad parts of the world. It is everywhere and happens all the time. The difference is we hear about it in our country b/c of the media. Other less-developed countries probably have this occur frequently and they never hear about it.

This is horrible on so many levels.....I don't even know if I can watch the movie now. I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

From the Denver Post:

We currently have a situation still developing in my area where a man was arrested, in connection with a cold case murder that happened 34 years ago. They are still searching his home and have found already 83 explosive devices, firearms, and several bunkers. The arrest was prompted in the most bizarre manner, where the man walked into a police station asking if there were any warrants out on him. People living in the nearby neighbourhood have been evacuated from their homes and have already been away from their homes for over a week while the police continue with their investigations.

I was in Hollywood during the arson fires over New Years Weekend this past Dec/Jan.

It was insane how much unrest one guy was able to create.

I was literally walking along Sunset Blvd. at night (I believe it was a Sunday night) when I came across Fairfax Ave, the intersection where they arrested the arsonist who had set about 50 homes/cars on fire over the holidays. I arrived on the scene just after they had made the arrest.

At the time, we didn't know what was going on - only that police lines were drawn and the entire intersection was blocked off.

I stood there talking to the police officer by the police line when another gentleman came along - nervous, agitated but also afraid at the same time.

It turns out he was fire #7 (I think that was the number) and was unable to sleep at night since the arsonist had set his home ablaze. He was terrified (and justifiably so).

These guys seem to feed off of the attention that they are going to get, the trauma they are going to cause and how they will etch themselves into people's minds.

It brings to mind Joseph's last post about how some of these guys might be playing Halo or Doom around the clock.

When we used to live in closer knit communities, there was more personal interaction, there was people looking after other people and I do believe that you had less people living as islands, drifting off on their own on some long forgotten tangent. Isolation breeds all sorts of strange personality traits.

This is a real shame because our first instinct is to be afraid (and it is a good instinct) but that is exactly what they are always counting on, dammit.