• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Horrible news this morning, that just gets worse as more details are revealed...

May have to just get off twitter for the day to avoid the ridiculous 140 character comments.

Think there should be more talk about the limitations of America's Mental Health care systems (limitations largely due to under-funding, insurance companies, and bureaucracy)... need to look at the root causes rather than just focus on regulating the tools used in the tragedy (which I have no problem with either, its just not the total solution)...

I did a basic search for "james holmes colorado" on Facebook. There are at least five people named "James Holmes" in the Denver area -- and that's just the ones with Facebook profiles. I'll bet they all got phone calls this evening/morning. (To be clear, none of these seems likely to be the shooter.)

Unfortunately there always will be lunatics in our societies no matter where we live and no matter what laws we pass.

I live in a small part of the world in Tasmania, Australia not to far away from a tiny rural town called Port Arthur where 35 people were shot and killed and 23 wounded for no apparent reason as they were enjoying their lunch in a cafe.

It is one of the most beautiful places in the world and one day pure evil walked in the door.

Sadly it happens and it will happen again but we can't let people like this rule our lives...

This is complete BS. I'm so frickin' upset right now. I wake up this morning and see this on the news, and it happened at a theater 10 minutes away. This infuriates me.

This was definitely preplanned. What drives people to do something so evil? You hate your life so much that you have to not only go kill random, innocent people, but you're deranged enough that you can plan it and put it into effect? Sick. Absolutely disgusting.

Thank God your Okay,you were the first person I thought of and hoped you didn't see the movie.This is unbelievable,how can one even see this coming?

I don't think it is a good idea to be putting those snap-shots of various James Holmes on here. Some, if not all, probably have nothing at all to do with this except have the same name. Now, if you had the correct James Holmes, totally different story.

I don't think it is a good idea to be putting those snap-shots of various James Holmes on here. Some, if not all, probably have nothing at all to do with this except have the same name. Now, if you had the correct James Holmes, totally different story.

It's the same stuff they themselves put up on Facebook.

God help us.

That's it exactly. Tell the people close to you that you love them today. Pray for the victims and those affected. Hope for as few of these insanities to touch us as possible. What a waste.

Very true. But, now, whether inadvertent or not, they have been associated with this massacre on this site. If the poster wants to leave it up, so be it. I just don't think they should have their pictures posted on this particular thread when they have nothing to do with this. I don't think it is really responsible. I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Those are public Facebook pages, and again: To be clear, none of these seems to be the shooter. I only posted them to show people whose lives just got really weird. But if enough people think the images should be removed, I'll remove them.

Those are public Facebook pages, and again: To be clear, none of these seems to be the shooter. I only posted them to show people whose lives just got really weird. But if enough people think the images should be removed, I'll remove them.

Totally understand and fair enough. And, don't get me wrong, I think what you posted was interesting and germane. Just don't think the pictures should be attached. And, we do know the guy is white, so, a couple of those you know are not them.

Just wondering.... Are there any parts of the movie that are similar to this incident?

God, I hope the media doesn't take to this kind of scapegoating again. I don't care what you watch, how much Doom you play, or whatever music you listen to, it doesn't make you kill people. He made that choice, and let him pay for it like he should.

Tired of people always looking for someone else to blame for someone doing wicked bull****. Doom, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Batman, these things don't make you shoot a crowd of random people out for a movie at night. Being evil does.

Sorry for the rant. Just tired of seeing these thing being dragged out and the perpetrator being painted as a victim who was corrupted by the big bad movie.

I agree that an individual must be held responsible for his or her own action. The vast majority of people who play Doom, listen to Marilyn Manson, Metallica, and read/watch Batman are well adjusted, can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and are just as appalled as everyone else at what's happened in Colorado. At the same time, some of the edgier "entertainment" may be presenting a pretty accurate reflection of the mind of the sick-o.

I guess I'm thinking along these lines because I recently read Josh Simmons' "In a Land of Magic." The short horror piece celebrates the sexualized rage and violence of a sick-o (or maybe I'm just reading it the wrong way). However it is, such stories strike me as gratuitous, indulgent, and little more than expressions of rage. I don't get their appeal. Again, such works aren't the ultimate cause of of some sick-o's shooting spree, but does seem to reflect the possible psychology of a sick-o.

Very true. But, now, whether inadvertent or not, they have been associated with this massacre on this site. If the poster wants to leave it up, so be it. I just don't think they should have their pictures posted on this particular thread when they have nothing to do with this. I don't think it is really responsible. I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Okay, took 'em down.

It will be interesting to see what kind of effect this has on the overall box office of the movie. I'm guessing it's going to have a pretty significant impact.

People will be afraid to go to the movies.

I had friends, family, and co-workers that happened to be at the wrong place at the right time when the Luby's shooting happened in Killeen. The thought of what happened their never went away until they finally closed it down many years later.

I hope that copycat incidents of this tragedy do not start popping up. I was going to take my kids to see Batman this weekend, but am having serious second thoughts.

This is exactly the type of reaction these sick :censored: want you to have. They want to make a statement and effect your lives. They want attention and to have you thinking about them. Don't let them win. 2c

I was a school teacher when 9/11 happened. People wanted to close the schools on 9/12 because people had these same thoughts about more attacks or copycats. It was the best decision to be open on 9/12 and continue on without letting them win. 2c

Sadly it happens and it will happen again but we can't let people like this rule our lives...

Which is exactly why I will watch the film on Tuesday.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by this terrible, horrific act.