• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Massacre. Multiple people killed in DKR Showing!!!

553 posts in this topic

Just wondering.... Are there any parts of the movie that are similar to this incident?

God, I hope the media doesn't take to this kind of scapegoating again. ... (snip) ... Tired of people always looking for someone else to blame for someone doing wicked bull****. ... (snip) ... Just tired of seeing these thing being dragged out and the perpetrator being painted as a victim who was corrupted by the big bad movie.

(snip) ... Again, such works aren't the ultimate cause of of some sick-o's shooting spree, but does seem to reflect the possible psychology of a sick-o.

Good point. Just asking the question "Did the act have any link to the content of the movie?" does not automatically mean the person asking the question is attempting to lay blame upon the movie.

shooters name is James Holmes

I hope one day they pass a law where there POS's name isn't released

and that anyone that knows this person by law must not release any info

unless it is to the police.

The suspect wants infamy and calling him John Doe #2453 is for the best.

F' HIM!

Just wondering.... Are there any parts of the movie that are similar to this incident?

God, I hope the media doesn't take to this kind of scapegoating again. I don't care what you watch, how much Doom you play, or whatever music you listen to, it doesn't make you kill people. He made that choice, and let him pay for it like he should.

Tired of people always looking for someone else to blame for someone doing wicked bull****. Doom, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Batman, these things don't make you shoot a crowd of random people out for a movie at night. Being evil does.

Sorry for the rant. Just tired of seeing these thing being dragged out and the perpetrator being painted as a victim who was corrupted by the big bad movie.

I agree that an individual must be held responsible for his or her own action. The vast majority of people who play Doom, listen to Marilyn Manson, Metallica, and read/watch Batman are well adjusted, can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and are just as appalled as everyone else at what's happened in Colorado. At the same time, some of the edgier "entertainment" may be presenting a pretty accurate reflection of the mind of the sick-o.

When these things happen, people are angry and look for something to blame.

Video games, music and movies are easy targets for older generations to target. Mostly because they don't connect with the same stuff kids do, so they automatically think they must be the difference.

In reality, some people are just EVIL.

To the person that said they couldn't believe how many young kids were at a midnight showing of a movie. And I'm sort of with you on this too.

Its really not unusual nowadays. For the Twilight midnight showing the theater was full with teenage girls and moms and a few dads. Most of the time these midnight showings are filled up with teenagers and younger kids. And in the city I live in there are kids playing basketball in the parks after midnight. I don't know when curfews for kids went away. It seems like its not inforced anymore though.

I think if the openning was during the day it still would have happened. The sicko who did it had it planned out from what we are learning from the news.

You wanna own simple guns....fine. but they need to outlaw body armor and automatic weapons. You don't need those, no matter what the NRA or anyone says. I heard its easier to get a gun in Colorado than a drivers license.
That's politics, but you don't know what you are talking about. No one uses automatic weapons in these deals. They are tightly regulated. I doubt whether you can legally obtain a gun in most states without a driver's license. There are background checks, etc.

God, I hope the media doesn't take to this kind of scapegoating again. I don't care what you watch, how much Doom you play, or whatever music you listen to, it doesn't make you kill people. He made that choice, and let him pay for it like he should.

Tired of people always looking for someone else to blame for someone doing wicked bull****. Doom, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Batman, these things don't make you shoot a crowd of random people out for a movie at night. Being evil does.

Sorry for the rant. Just tired of seeing these thing being dragged out and the perpetrator being painted as a victim who was corrupted by the big bad movie.

I agree that an individual must be held responsible for his or her own action. The vast majority of people who play Doom, listen to Marilyn Manson, Metallica, and read/watch Batman are well adjusted, can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and are just as appalled as everyone else at what's happened in Colorado. At the same time, some of the edgier "entertainment" may be presenting a pretty accurate reflection of the mind of the sick-o.

Video games, music and movies are easy targets for older generations to target. Mostly because they don't connect with the same stuff kids do, so they automatically think they must be the difference.

ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls....

ABC news has already tried and label him a right wing extremist tea partier and are calling for harsher gun controls....

That didn't take long.

I've been watching tv clips. Very horrific and thoughts go out to those affected.

I actually thought someone was shooting based on the movie reviews on Rotten Tomatoes earlier this week---this looks to be more insidious than that. Of course, I'm hoping that midnight showings / gun control don't end up being the focus. But I think it will.

This is going to be disastrous for the success of this movie. :(

I hope not.

Need to show freaks like these that people will not tolerate this kind of evil in society.

This is going to be disastrous for the success of this movie. :(

I hope not.

Need to show freaks like these that people will not tolerate this kind of evil in society.

It's not about tolerance, it's about fear. People will be scared.

B.S. Either provide a link or retract.

i heard it on the radio this morning, piers morgan was calling for harsher gun control and from what the person said ABC had info he was a tea partier.

information is coming rather quickly considering.

That didn't take long.

Wait...you believe it just because he said it?

Just commenting on his post dude.

B.S. Either provide a link or retract.

also just cause the news has someone on who says those things (i.e. some sort of "pundit") is not the same as the news organization itself saying those things...

and I second the "link please"